Status on official LG app

jhs

unisoft

EPG bug still there. Several versions on from reporting :)

EPG goes right to bottom of screen, and the programme details and image all mushed behind the text.

Be aware, I just lost the ability to use emby on my LG TV with the latest update since I am running 3.5.3.0. on my server. Now it tells me I must upgrade the server to the crappy 4.x version. Something I dont want to do.. Dick move...

Be aware, I just lost the ability to use emby on my LG TV with the latest update since I am running 3.5.3.0. on my server. Now it tells me I must upgrade the server to the crappy 4.x version. Something I dont want to do.. Dick move...

Hi there, if you can create a new topic and let us know what your issues are with 4.X we'll be very happy to help you. Thanks !

Ceten

Hi, any news on the release notes?
Since the latest update I noted some alignment issues on the start screen, although they may have been there before.
The left column is aligned higher than the Continue watching items, probably due to there being no title above the big image?
Also the label 'Continue Watching' is positioned more to the left than the items below.5e5f8abfe4e4c_IMG_20200303_203452.jpg

kikinjo

Are subrip subtitles supported on LG tv app ? Once of a sudden i see transcoding on everything with subrip subtitles, not sure if was ever supported before ?

Are subrip subtitles supported on LG tv app ? Once of a sudden i see transcoding on everything with subrip subtitles, not sure if was ever supported before ?

They are supported without transcoding. Maybe you disabled the server setting to allow on the fly subtitle extraction. If this is the case, the server is doing exactly what you told it to do. I would explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it is transcoding.

kikinjo

They are supported without transcoding. Maybe you disabled the server setting to allow on the fly subtitle extraction. If this is the case, the server is doing exactly what you told it to do. I would explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it is transcoding.

It says : Reason for transcoding: Subtitle format not supported

I now re-enabled the option to extract subs, will report findings.

Cheers

unisoft

Yes. Mine shows them without transcoding in previous versions. I need to check the very latest version 1.0.24 though to ensure not broken...

unisoft

We'll take a look at that. Thanks.

Can you please take a look at making those headings larger please. When I showed the family they were confused by the layout of Emby until I actually pointed out the headings for each section.

In my view (using 10 foot interface guidelines for UI), it should stand out and be obvious its labelling the sections. This also applies to the menu titles at the top of the horizontal view. They need to be more dominant!

I sometimes think the dev just check its OK on a computer monitor right in front of them.  Also in the VERTICAL view the tiles for each library image are too small and looks odd as the DVD covers for Latest Media sections below them look larger in comparison. On Apple TV the sizes are 100% perfect for example and even the ROKU app they are bigger too.

Edited by unisoft

kikinjo

All good now Luke after that option was turned on, seems i missed it on new server setup. Cheers

For others reading, that option is on by default, so there's nothing you need to do out of the box. Thanks for the feedback.

Ponyo

Hi

I'm considering getting a C9 or CX later this year (depending on what prices do). Are there any real issues with the LG app? I'm currently using the Android TV app and that does its job pretty much perfectly.

PS. is there a reason why the LG app doesn't share the same look as the Android TV app?

shrouski

PS. is there a reason why the LG app doesn't share the same look as the Android TV app?

That question is the wrong way around, it should be "Is there a reason the Android TV app doesn't look like anything else?"

The LG app shares the same uniform look as everything else.

I don't have any problems with it but I don't use my B7 that much anymore now it's in the bedroom, use the Samsung Q85 which is in the lounge more and I have more problems with that, mainly because certain media from online sources now has about 35 subtitles embedded and Samsung only supports 30.

rbjtech

I'm considering getting a C9 or CX later this year (depending on what prices do). Are there any real issues with the LG app? I'm currently using the Android TV app and that does its job pretty much perfectly.

Used daily on a C8 with zero issues - works with the magic remote which is a huge bonus for selecting etc when you have a large library.  I always use SRT subs but I know ASS/SSA work fine as well.

All in all - I don't want for anything to change - it just all 'works'  :D

Quiptix

Since the previous and current version, the LG app doesn't seem to savet the progress of a movie/serie, so I cannot resume at the saved time of an episode.

Emby 4.3.1.0 and TV LG UH850V

In the log there is nothing special to be found.

Vincent

Ponyo

Used daily on a C8 with zero issues - works with the magic remote which is a huge bonus for selecting etc when you have a large library.  I always use SRT subs but I know ASS/SSA work fine as well.

All in all - I don't want for anything to change - it just all 'works'  :D

Thanks. SUBRIP also works without any issues I presume?

macnb

Subrip should be fine.

Providing the Server CPU is powerful enough to allow Emby Server to extract the SUBRIP while streaming to the TV ??

On my HP Microserver N40L, I cannot play SUBRIP to my B8 OLED since it hangs the playback.

I always need an external SRT or ASS subtitle file.

shrouski

Providing the Server CPU is powerful enough to allow Emby Server to extract the SUBRIP while streaming to the TV ??

On my HP Microserver N40L, I cannot play SUBRIP to my B8 OLED since it hangs the playback.

I always need an external SRT or ASS subtitle file.

That doesn't sound right, it's transcoding for another reason not subtitle I'm sure. My B7 has been fine for over 2 years.