Status on official LG app

jhs

Thanks.  Happy for you to PM me a link to one of the files (on Dropbox, Googledrive, etc) that plays but freezes with fast forward.  I'm curious to have a look at it.

Sure!

I will do this upload by the end of the day.
Regards

Now I am getting 2 lots of subtitles, 1 I can turn off within the Emby LG TV App the other I still cannot. If I play the same file via a USB stick I can turn off the subtitles on the TV, but cannot when using Emby.

Regarding the subtitles I can turn off in Emby is there anyway to auto disable all subtitles?

Films are also now showing subtitles, this hasn't happened before today.

Very frustrating now seeing all files now seem to be showing subtitles MKV and MP4

Regarding the subtitles always showing, please see the explanation i gave you on the previous page of this thread. Thanks.

I have found the issue with the 2nd set of subtitles, for some reason the susbtitle settings had reset to auto inthe Emby settings.

Regarding the webos subtitle issue, is there a timeframe on a fix? I don’t really fancy processing 1000’s of shows just remove the subtitles to work with Emby. Thanks.

Maybe after the 4.0.2.0 emby server update?

Because I think that something that didn't happen before it does now: the player freezes the video image, but not the audio, when fast-forward or jump time with the magic remote pointer. At the same time, the subtitles totally lost they sync with the video and you have to start the video from the beginning.

Maybe a server bug and not a LG app problem?

Best wishes

@@D3nGu3, based on your sample it's transcoding which is what's likely causing the playback issues.  We need to update the support for DirectPlay of this format in a future release.  Thanks for the sample.  That helped a lot.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
rbjtech

Not had time to fully test but many of the missing standard items now appear to work fine - Actors, Chapters etc

I've never had an issue with subtitles as I always use external SRT to avoid transcoding - but I'll test some internal ones later as I know that was an issue in this thread.

Good job - thanks guys !  :)

KevinSartori

Hi all,

Thanks for all the effort on the LG app!  I just purchased Premiere Lifetime today!  I'm trying to configure Trailers with Cinema Mode. I've tried some different options, but prior to movie playback, it only plays my local trailers and doesn't stream any "New and Upcoming" trailers.  I have Cinema Mode enabled in the LG app.  Here are my settings on my Windows Emby server, running 4.1.0.14 beta:

5c8d36d44d9aa_TrailerAppSettings.png

5c8d36e45ea9b_CinemaModeSettings.png

I've tried checking and unchecking "Include trailers from movies in my library," but local trailers are played either way.  I'm not sure if it's relevant, but if I go to the Trailers section from the main home screen, I can select and stream online trailers fine.

Thanks!

unisoft

Bug in latest version of the LG App (or just simply not done!).

GENRES for Default Screen set under user options for TV and MOVIES. Despite working on other clients, just goes to "MOVIES" or "SHOWS".

Also noticed the Windows Explorer option of 'FOLDERS' now appearing on top menu like the other apps making it now look unprofessional UI. Not happy with this option at all. That's a view not a menu option!

Bug in latest version of the LG App (or just simply not done!).

GENRES for Default Screen set under user options for TV and MOVIES. Despite working on other clients, just goes to "MOVIES" or "SHOWS".

Also noticed the Windows Explorer option of 'FOLDERS' now appearing on top menu like the other apps making it now look unprofessional UI. Not happy with this option at all. That's a view not a menu option!

It's an issue with the horizontal home screen. It will be resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

KevinSartori

Thanks for all the effort on the LG app!  I just purchased Premiere Lifetime today!  I'm trying to configure Trailers with Cinema Mode. I've tried some different options, but prior to movie playback, it only plays my local trailers and doesn't stream any "New and Upcoming" trailers.  I have Cinema Mode enabled in the LG app.  Here are my settings on my Windows Emby server, running 4.1.0.14 beta:

I've tried checking and unchecking "Include trailers from movies in my library," but local trailers are played either way.  I'm not sure if it's relevant, but if I go to the Trailers section from the main home screen, I can select and stream online trailers fine.

Hi again,

As a quick follow-up, I am seeing the same behavior on my Roku Ultra using the Emby beta app.  Is this an already known issue?

Thanks!

KevinSartori

Hi again,

As a quick follow-up, I am seeing the same behavior on my Roku Ultra using the Emby beta app.  Is this an already known issue?

Thanks!

Another update.  The Trailers plugin updated to 1.2.0.0.  Around the same time, Trailers disappeared as a  choice in My Media.  I tried enabling and disabling Cinema Mode, plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Trailers plugin, without success.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

unisoft

Another update.  The Trailers plugin updated to 1.2.0.0.  Around the same time, Trailers disappeared as a  choice in My Media.  I tried enabling and disabling Cinema Mode, plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Trailers plugin, without success.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Trailers is there for me as a menu item, but I get placeholders only and content doesn't seem to be populating. Check your user options though and make sure not unticked.

jenda__

Subtitles are really small on my TV since last update. And there are missing settings to change their size, font etc. I can see only preferred language, mode and burn in settings under the subtitles settings menu.

KevinSartori

Trailers is there for me as a menu item, but I get placeholders only and content doesn't seem to be populating. Check your user options though and make sure not unticked.

Unisoft,

Aside from the settings in the two pics I posted, is there another spot where Trailers would be enabled/disabled?  I looked through all of the Emby options, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

unisoft

Unisoft,

Aside from the settings in the two pics I posted, is there another spot where Trailers would be enabled/disabled?  I looked through all of the Emby options, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

there is a plugin for Trailers, settings in main Emby Server side console for showing trailers for new cinema releases, new bluray releases and new on Netflix.

The other settings are on your user icon, under Home Page. There are options for trailers there.

I think when I enabled Cinema Mode, it made my trailers populate properly again...

KevinSartori

there is a plugin for Trailers, settings in main Emby Server side console for showing trailers for new cinema releases, new bluray releases and new on Netflix.

The other settings are on your user icon, under Home Page. There are options for trailers there.

I think when I enabled Cinema Mode, it made my trailers populate properly again...

Unisoft,

In the end, the only way I could get that Trailers button back in My Media was to do a complete uninstall of the Emby beta and install Emby Mobile 4.0.3.0.  Now, the Trailers button remains in My Media whether Cinema Mode is enabled or disabled.  Thanks again for the help!