Status on official LG app

jhs

medolino2009

Please see my previous response in post #344. Thanks !

ok, i did understand it good than,lol... thanx

Best regards

Miki

• 4 weeks later...
medolino2009

hi guys, i still didn't get any update for Emby on my LG tv , and it is more than month ago you said it was submitted to them ... Must be something wrong than ? i still have Emby version 1.0.9 and still same problems... Did you hear something from LG ? Emby is really not usable at this point on LG tv with webos 1.4 .

Hope to get that update fast, otherwise going to trow something trough window... tv or emby LOL...probably tv :P:P:P

Thanx in advance

Best regards

Miki

lateparty

hi guys, i still didn't get any update for Emby on my LG tv , and it is more than month ago you said it was submitted to them ... Must be something wrong than ? i still have Emby version 1.0.9 and still same problems... Did you hear something from LG ? Emby is really not usable at this point on LG tv with webos 1.4 .

Hope to get that update fast, otherwise going to trow something trough window... tv or emby LOL...probably tv :P:P:P

Thanx in advance

Best regards

Miki

If it helps, I deleted the app a long time ago and use the mobile app with a chromecast. The experience is infinitely better and there is a lot more codec support. For some reason the LG app even at 1.09 didn’t support half of the codecs my TV actually did through its native player.

Joequinn70

Going on a week now and I have experience nothing but constantly buffering on any movie from the emby TV app. My TV is well able to handle 1080p. It is a getting a bit frustrating because no one can determine what the issue is all I get is try and that.

Going on a week now and I have experience nothing but constantly buffering on any movie from the emby TV app. My TV is well able to handle 1080p. It is a getting a bit frustrating because no one can determine what the issue is all I get is try and that.

Hi there, can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

unisoft

For me on v1.09, MP4 and mkv are flawless. This is either 1080p24, 1080i25 (50 Hz)

When I play mpeg2 or basic dvd video layout (info and all) I get tearing on motion. I know it's not network or Synology NAS, because it's fine on MediaBrowser in Windows Media Center.

I wonder if I add the file path to Emby settings would make a difference as may be direct play then instead of transcode. Surely the LG player can show mpeg2 without a transcode? This content is lower bit rate than my mpeg4 HD content for example.

Most of the mpg files are bog standard. Video and one audio track, nothing else and confirm to UK PAL standards for interlaced content.

One theory is because it's transcoded, the TV trips up with trumotion (which was mostly fixed in firmware 05.10.30). I have an LG OLED C6V. I'll test some of this to be sure in next few days...

Edited by unisoft

For me on v1.09, MP4 and mkv are flawless. This is either 1080p24, 1080i25 (50 Hz)

When I play mpeg2 or basic dvd video layout (info and all) I get tearing on motion. I know it's not network or Synology NAS, because it's fine on MediaBrowser in Windows Media Center.

I wonder if I add the file path to Emby settings would make a difference as may be direct play then instead of transcode. Surely the LG player can show mpeg2 without a transcode? This content is lower bit rate than my mpeg4 HD content for example.

Most of the mpg files are bog standard. Video and one audio track, nothing else and confirm to UK PAL standards for interlaced content.

One theory is because it's transcoded, the TV trips up with trumotion (which was mostly fixed in firmware 05.10.30). I have an LG OLED C6V. I'll test some of this to be sure in next few days...

Can you please provide the media info from the details page for one of these that transcodes (and a transcode log).

Brudertac

Using 1.08.

Play a Serie Episode.

When the OSD shows at the end of the Episode and you press "Play next" the Remote Keys do not work on the next Episode.

For e.g. you can not use the OSD (it do not show) to Pause etc.

This Bug exist since some Versions. And, sorry to say, with the Speed the Updates comes i will be to old to use Emby...  :wacko:

This Bug is still there. (In 1.09) and it is there since 1.04! And it is often reported by more than one Users...  :(

• 2 weeks later...
Kimi_Arthur

Will direct playback of hi10p videos be supported for LG?

It's unfortunate that it crashes the app because if the LG player would just report an error like it does with other media, then we can automatically switch to transcoding. We may have to give you a way to force transcoding on these if the TV doesn't support them.

Kimi_Arthur

Does your device support that? That's really the question. 

It's a LG OLED in 2018. I think the power should support software decoding if you implement that?

Kimi_Arthur

Is it listed in the tv's supported media formats?

Directly playing that file is not supported (served from emby server or other DLNA server). I guess the system doesn't support the format (it's MKV, but the video profile is High 10@L5)

Trancoding works, but that will take much more resource it should.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello!

I couldn't find anything regards one little thing about the emby TV app showing external subs without follow the "subtitles rule" ("\N" to skip a line).

Why the emby team decided to do some kind of standard about the amount of words/letters at a line before skip it to the next one when viewing the external subtitles (srt ones)?

As I don't know if I'm being clear enough, I'm attaching a photo composite of the issue, comparing the emby app subs display with the plex and emby web apps.

Best regards!

5bf01dd923fbe_emby.jpg

medolino2009

Please see my previous response in post #344. Thanks !

Hallo, well, it is almost 3 months further, but i still only have version 1.0.9 in LG store, and it still not working properly (see my older posts for info about what is not working)

When you expect new version to be out for LG ?

Best regards

Mickey

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I fell in love with Emby :)

What I couldn't find and it is a great puzzle is the Emby for LG app.

I have one LG Web OS 2.5 TV (65UF9500) TV and one OLED (55B6) TV.

On the OLED TV everything works just fine, but on LED TV Emby app says that it cannot connect to the server.

I have tried everything I could, without and result whatsoever.

Is there a problem with Web OS version and support from the Emby app itself?

Cheers.