Status on official LG app

jhs

SamES

Thanks, so these files have embedded subs and you also have an external srt file for them.  Since they're small, could you please attach or PM the two SRT files and I'll check them out?  Thanks

mattykellyuk

For anyone else @@SamES mixed my problem.

I had to remove the srt files from the MKV container and have them saved in the same folder as the movie named the same (apart from the .srt of course)

• 2 weeks later...

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

CrappyUserName

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

At first I thought, what the hell have you done?, where is my "next up" list?. But then I scrolled down and all was right with the world.

I had a play around with the sub title fonts, really surprised my TV could handle more than one. Pretty cool.

I really like the upcoming tab. A website I use for TV scheduling has been missing my shows lately so this will help me keep track of what I'm up to.

You have sold me on getting premiere now so I can play around with themes and removing that reminder message.

You may have fixed it in this update but there was a bug with the reminder message if the timeout was up between shows. Eg) you watched a show and let it auto play the next episode, the reminder would popup but when you click continue the splash screen would stay there and the next episode would play in the background. The only solution was to exit emby and try and play the episode again. This would popup the reminder again but it would disappear this time when clicking continue.

Nunuzor

Hello, 

After the last release, on webos 3.5, LG49uj701v, using emby with a drivebound account, I experience lots of errors when the movie freezes all of a sudden, I can't go back or basically do anything without having to restart the TV or force close the Emby app. 

Also, sometimes, the app restarts itself "to clear memory space". 

When trying to scroll through the movie list and filter it by genre, it freezes (with the last version this did not happen). With the previous version I didn't experience any issues (besides the play pause action bar not being visible after using the autoplay next episode) and I basically use it everyday. :( 

medolino2009

hi guys, i already posted this to another topic (probably wrong topic, no body answered it), so, here it goes....what i have found out with new 1.0.9 version.:::

New version for LG TV is out...great news... already installed it on my LG TV with webos 1.4 TV: 49UB805V-ZD... It is faster than 1.0.8 version, it is usable now... However , when you browse trough library , after you click "down" or "right" or "up" or "left" , it takes now about 3 to 5 sec before it moves to some direction...and when you choose movie, you click "OK" , (after that it schuld go to Movie info page where you can choose subtitles and press "play" or "continue"), it takes some times even 20 sec before displays movie-info page.... after click on "play" than, it takes about 5 to 10 seconds before movie actually start playing...

And there is bug... if you're playing MKV with english subtitle in it (subtitle in container, not apart file in same directory), it shows those subtitles all the time... and if i choose dutch subtitles, it shows them on the top on those english subtitles... no way to turn those subtitles off... This bug was not present in 1.0.8 version.. (or maybe it was, but i didn't use same movie file for test)

Thank you very much for supporting our LG TV's ...hope to see another version with even better / faster support of it with subtitle bug fix.

Best regards

Miki

Edited by medolino2009

D3nGu3
Hello and thank you for the 1.0.9 version! I'm using emby on my B7P.

I'm using this version for some days now and I think I have to report the follow (I don't  remember anybody talking about these things here):

1 - 1.0.9 automatically lets your home screen on the new "Vertical" view and you can change some things there (controls appear when you click a button at the very bottom of the home screen). I think this is a cool feature, but, when one select "horizontal" view, you are now back to the old "only horizontal" home screen and you can't access the cool feature (controls) anymore! Now, you're stuck on the horizontal view again and forever. 

There's a hidden button to access the "controls"? I'll reinstall the app, anyways.

2 - Someone already commented about the subtitles options. Well, for me, a pop-up appears and it's always asking to stop playback and click my user avatar to change what I want to change from there, but there's no such an option...

3 - A sortta strange bug is happening at the very end of the videos: the video repeats its last 2 seconds or so and it's fast, but buggy.

4 - Navigation with the magic remote pointer seems to be useless at some point, inside the app: if you just want to select a series to scroll by "next", "resume" or "newest" over the "vertical" home screen or inside a "series home" (any home screen view), the magic remote won't be able to do that, it will only open a movie/series. So, you have to click to open something (series/movie thumbnail/cover) then to click back to the selection that will finally appears over the line you want to scroll over.

Probably a new emby server version thing, but the FHD/UHD transcoding seems to be slower now. 

I was not going to report those things now, so I may be forgeting some other things to tell you.

I don't know if this forum support gifs. I could do some to show all the mentioned above.

Sorry about my english...

Best regards! 

Edited by D3nGu3

1 - 1.0.9 automatically lets your home screen on the new "Vertical" view and you can change some things there (controls appear when you click a button at the very bottom of the home screen). I think this is a cool feature, but, when one select "horizontal" view, you are now back to the old "only horizontal" home screen and you can't access the cool feature (controls) anymore! Now, you're stuck on the horizontal view again and forever. 

There's a hidden button to access the "controls"? I'll reinstall the app, anyways.

Well, there should be a settings cog in the top right but we've had to hide this in order to get past the often difficult LG review process. We hope to expose this in future app updates.

However you can use a web browser on another device with http://tv.emby.media

So this answer also applies to #2 as well. Thanks.

Change your settings there, then restart the LG app. Most settings will be shared across devices.

• Like 1

medolino2009

Hi guys, i already writed about version 1.0.9 on my LG TV (2 posts up) , am i only one who has speed problems and problems with subtitles ? I have also trouble with keeping movie playing... (i've had this with version 1.0.8 also)... When i start playing movie, after couple of minutes of playing movie stops, i get black screen, and after about 20 sec. emby come back to home page... when i play same movie again after this "crash" it keeps playing almost always until end than... (Those crashes are random , and don't happend every time... in 80% of times it happend)

If you want me something to test please let me know... would like to help... Emby is mine MAIN entertainment system now... i have Life Time Premiere... very very happy with it.... Only my LG TV gives me hard time haha... Hope this will be sorted out soon also... 

You are doing great job with Emby... love it...

Best regards

Miki 

medolino2009

Hi, yes, we're looking into the reports you submitted. Thanks.

Great... thank you...

...can't wait.

Best regards

Miki

• 2 weeks later...
medolino2009

Update on my problem with crashes of Emby for LG : After movie crashes, sometimes if i start it again i get sound but picture is black, until i turn off Emby (with exit button on remote), or sometimes i need to restart TV even... And often after crash don't remember playing position and movie starts again from begin... 

Speed of Emby app is still slow (i know it is still same 1.0.9 version, but i used it couple of days longer now)... Browsing movies takes very slow, and selecting movie for play takes sometimes up to 30 sec's.... start of movie (after pressing play button) takes between 5 and 15 sec's.

I thought, it could help if you get more info after some usage...

Hope to see new version soon.

Thanx for amazing software and good luck smashing some bugs

Best regards

Miki

medolino2009

wow, very fast reaction. :) cool.. Will try it when it come out for sure, will let you know if my TV like it or not haha... When you expect new version to be out for LG ?

Best regards

Miki

bdreams

Very strange you have so much problem with the app I have two lg tv e6 and e7 my stuff play back very well I don’t know because I am not transcoding anything. The issues I had with secondary audio have been fix the dim issue only happens sometime when you press the fast forward button other than that the app works great for me video and audio. Maybe you kneed to look at your network environment or limit the amount of apps on the tv good luck.

medolino2009

Very strange you have so much problem with the app I have two lg tv e6 and e7 my stuff play back very well I don’t know because I am not transcoding anything. The issues I had with secondary audio have been fix the dim issue only happens sometime when you press the fast forward button other than that the app works great for me video and audio. Maybe you kneed to look at your network environment or limit the amount of apps on the tv good luck.

Hallo, thanx for sharing your experience.

Answer is simple... both your TV's are newer and faster than mine ( dual core cpu vs quad core cpu) and newer webos, mine is 1.4 and yours 3.0/3.5...

App needs to be extra optimized for webos 1.4 and slower processor.

Best regards.

Miki

medolino2009

Hi guys, maybe i didn't understand good... but i understood that version higher than 1.0.9 was sent to LG store ...is this correct ? I still don't have it in my store ?

1.0.9. still have same problems  at my LG TV... 

Thanx in advance for answer

Best regards

Miki