Status on official LG app

jhs

Hello!

I don't know if this is a known issue, but media with Hi10P profile crashes (black screen forever) the LG Emby App.

Regards.

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log (if there was one). You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

D3nGu3

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log (if there was one). You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

OK. I'm attaching the log files (from yesterday and today). I hope it will help you to understand the problem.

Thanks!

Log (1).txt

Log (2).txt

Log (3).txt

Log.txt

Log (4).txt

Log (5).txt

Log (6).txt

Log (7).txt

It's unfortunate that it crashes the app because if the LG player would just report an error like it does with other media, then we can automatically switch to transcoding. We may have to give you a way to force transcoding on these if the TV doesn't support them.

• Like 1

xchristty2018

When will be available a new update to solve the issues for LG Smart TV webos 1.4?

I'm paying a subscribtion and use Emby but i will cancel it, this app is too faulty....

• 3 weeks later...

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

• Like 1

mattykellyuk

not great results for me on oled c6. Interface now seems not centred or zoomed in (see pics). I also continue to see problems with .srt embedded in mkv HDR video. 

post-758-0-46841700-1526656122_thumb.jpg

post-758-0-64026000-1526656130_thumb.jpg

mattykellyuk

Also can report the issue when the next episode plays automatically and you lose play/pause etc is still present.

• Like 1

dzigg

All I can say is wow! 

I was just expecting a small improvement, but boy was I wrong.

The interface looks like the emby premiere on my windows 10 now, and it's very fast ! Even searching is almost as fast in windows.

Kudos to you guys.

martycirkus

"Continue playing" still doesn't work when all transcoding options are ticked-off.

I precise that these are not critics but feedback!!

Thx for the hard work!!! ;)  :)

D3nGu3
I have an observation to make too (I'm using a LG 55B7):

this new version is freezing a lot when brownsing between libraries... 

When this happen, trying to click the user logo to access home does not work: the app freezes again.

Thx

CrappyUserName

The app was now available for my LG 43LF5900. Installed and it seems to be working ok. I haven't tested it fully yet but thanks for getting that fixed. Emby is a major improvement over LG's smartshare app.

I also have an LG 65 OLED B6. I didn't notice any issues with the new version last night. I was watching different files over 4-5 hours.

Congrats and thanks for the new version!
Where can we find the change log?

Best regards!

Stay tuned for the blog announcement, thanks.

• Like 1

D3nGu3

I have an observation to make too (I'm using a LG 55B7):
this new version is freezing a lot when brownsing between libraries... 

When this happen, trying to click the user logo to access home does not work: the app freezes again.

Thx

Actually, the app was not freezing when brownsing libraries (with the magic pointer).
You have to click on the half bottom of the library name. If you click on the half top, nothing happens (attached).
Maybe something similiar to the problem related by the other members?

Best wishes.

post-290811-0-09319400-1526728838_thumb.jpg

Quiptix

I have updated it and the UI is changed and not for the better.

When in the catalog (series/movies) is open, it is full screen without leaving room for the statusbar making the text on the bar most of the time unreadable. The previous ratio/spacing was way better.

Further the font size of the subtitles is bigger than before, font size was is in the previous version fine.

Maybe it is per tv model different. If needed I make a screenshot.

Vincent

PS: See: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49958-status-on-official-lg-app/page-15&do=findComment&comment=579257

Edited by Quiptix

embidia

Just to let you know that now the Emby app shows up in the LG store in Argentina (it didn't some time ago). It works great. I was able to configure my mom's TV to use the server at my home and it's streaming perfectly. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
mattykellyuk

Hi,

Just wondering if another version has been submitted. I know it take LG ages to review updates but the lack of subtitles on HDR films, and problem with the layout is starting to annoy me.

We submitted a new update 2-3 weeks ago, so we're just waiting on LG app review. Thanks.

beanhammer

I'm looking at switching over to Emby from Plex this weekend.

What is the latest version currently?