Status on official LG app

jhs

CrappyUserName

1.06 installed. No beeps is great and it does feel more responsive.

The next chapter buttons have now been removed from the interface?

They used to work as intended. An update (not sure if that was LG or Emby though) changed their functionality to switch to the next episode/movie in the catalogue. Now they are completely gone.

Not the end of the world but it makes it pretty slow to get to a certain part of a movie.

Both Emby and Screenplay are listed on my OLED TV but I have another LG TV that is not showing either app. 43LF5900. I did find a pre-requisite post stating screenplay needs 1920x1080 app resolution and a HD TV that might have 1920x1080 resolution might not run apps at the same resolution (how bloody stupid). Is that most likely my issue?

Nic0wyN

Yeah, same, what the ?! No more way to go to the next episode directly after the previsous, have to go in menu to select the next episode, wtf?! I use emby for show tv and it's a pain, why you do this ?!?! hope it's an error and you'll made an update very fast!

There is a way to go back to 1.05 ? Prefer beep navigation instead no more way to go to the next episode.

Edited by Luke

As it turns out, the beeps were the case of the poor navigation performance and therefore had to be removed.

Please try to refrain from profanity as this is a family friendly environment. Thanks.

andyblac644

@@Luke this saddens me to say this, but the App 1.06 for WebOS 2 is pretty darn useless, SLOW!!, it still taking 20-30 seconds to open episode / movie pages, and another 1-15 sec to start playback, when when play back has started, you can't tun off subtitles, they show even if none are chosen. logs in PM

• Like 1

Nunuzor

Hello ! So, I made the last update now. Using drivebound.com server
First impressions:

Still no search option :| ....this is a must....I don’t get it why this is still missing....I am tired of “hacking” my way around it by adding movies/shows in Favourites via the mobile app and then accessing them on the TV...

English subtitles....so far 2/3 worked...I’ll test it more.

Responsiveness...can’t spot a difference between this version and the last one.

I didn’t pay attention to the autoplay next episode but if this is not workimg anymore, another big Minus.

Will come back with more info. 

TV -  LG 49UJ710v , webos 3.5

Edited by Nunuzor

@@PatrickV, I've removed your post since you posted the same thing in another topic. I will be happy to help you in that topic. Thanks.

lateparty

FWIW I had a show running in the background last night while working on my laptop doing other things and it played through episodes fine.

With consideration to the speed of files, I am looking into getting Roon and they strongly recommend plugging in a >= USB3 SSD hard drive for database caching on both Synology and QNAP NAS. Aside from the tv being slow I think the fact that the bulk of the files are just a bunch of random reads from spinning rust doesn’t help. The affect was lessened in the competing product through some voodoo but having all those little files on silicon compared to spinning rust should speed things up.

Overall no real improvement for me compared to 1.04, but my issues were always more performance related and not technical.

• Like 1

CrappyUserName

FWIW I had a show running in the background last night while working on my laptop doing other things and it played through episodes fine.

With consideration to the speed of files, I am looking into getting Roon and they strongly recommend plugging in a >= USB3 SSD hard drive for database caching on both Synology and QNAP NAS. Aside from the tv being slow I think the fact that the bulk of the files are just a bunch of random reads from spinning rust doesn’t help. The affect was lessened in the competing product through some voodoo but having all those little files on silicon compared to spinning rust should speed things up.

Overall no real improvement for me compared to 1.04, but my issues were always more performance related and not technical.

I'm running a Synology DS415+ with HDD's and an OLED65B6 TV. There is probably a half second delay when populating the thumbnails on the TV which I would put down to the NAS. I can hear the HDD's going nuts if I listen to the NAS while browsing. The 1.06 update which removed the beeps (thank god) has made it a little more responsive when navigating. Selecting a movie and playing it is pretty much instant for me.

I tried using the next chapter buttons on the mobile remote (LG TV Plus App) while playing a movie in emby but it did nothing. And using the next chapter buttons inside the LG media browsing app just goes to the next title (not chapter) in the list. So I think LG probably changed the functionality of those buttons. That being said, I have no idea how apps interface with the built in buttons or if they can create their own.

bdreams

Thanks for the update Luke but I also miss the next button. There’s also a bug with the ffw button when I use it my video go dark and I have to stop the video then back to normal.

Brudertac

Yesterday Update installed to 1.06.

I watched 2 Episodes of a Serie. While watching the second Episode Emby shows the Subtitles from the first one.

Have to Test this again...

Today i watched a Episode and at the End the Menu shows up and i press "show next". The next Episode Starts and the Emby Menu do not work anymore.

Same Error as with 1.04.

This Version needs a fast Fix. And please please please not again in 3 Months...

Thanks for your hard work on this!

Quiptix

Haven't tested everything yet, but I don't have any of the reported problems.

Thanks for the tip on using a SSD USB connected (or for me a e-sata connected)... Will try that!

CBers

Yesterday Update installed to 1.06.

I watched 2 Episodes of a Serie. While watching the second Episode Emby shows the Subtitles from the first one.

Have to Test this again...

Today i watched a Episode and at the End the Menu shows up and i press "show next". The next Episode Starts and the Emby Menu do not work anymore.

Same Error as with 1.04.

This Version needs a fast Fix. And please please please not again in 3 Months...

Thanks for your hard work on this!

I've reported the same issue here as well.

mastrmind11

Anyone tried the latest on webOS 2.0 yet?  Curious whether there are any performance improvements.

Edited by mastrmind11

lateparty

Anyone tried the latest on webOS 2.0 yet? Curious whether there are any performance improvements.

Yep, I’m on WebOS 2.0 so you can count my comments. Still building my cache, really need to think about turning off the Screen Grabber and only using it for extras. Wish this was the standard behaviour for a low priority Image Fetcher, considering 99% of my content doesn’t require an FFmpeg screen grab scan.

Edited by lateparty

Emby app not showing up in LG 43LH630V store.

I checked LG apps and it says that is not compatible

We need to release a new update to support 720p models. Thanks.

• Like 1

brath23

We need to release a new update to support 720p models. Thanks.

But I don't get it. It's a 1080p TV

Edited by brath23

See previous responses, already answered. Some of the LG's play video at 1080p but run the apps in 720p.

xchristty2018

LG 42LB730V - webos 1.4

New Emby 1.06 no improvements: slowness UI, still no search function etc. Same issues like previous version :(

PLEX was a dream ..... :(

Edited by xchristty2018

Nunuzor

Hello, 

I am back with an update from my previous comment. (LG 49UJ701v, webos 3.5, drivebound server) 

- Subtitles, after autoplay to next episode in a series, it keeps the subtitle from the episode before. 

where it happened ? Kevin can wait (tv show)     Play ep 1, end of episode click Start next episode and the default ENG subtitle is the one from ep 1. I can change it with the proper sub from ep 2 ONLY if I hit Back on the remote, go to the episode list and select ep 2 again.  

- Lagging, Loading, Buffering....   I am quite angry about this issue... This was the main reason I hated Plex and the main reason why I liked Emby eventhough it lacks certain features but ever since the update, I've had more loading, playing, buffering issues than in the previous 2 months of using. 

I tried watching the last  episode of Modern Family and the episode crashed around minute 16-17 ... I then spent 30 minutes trying to make it work and finish the episode.... no chance :(     

I've tried the usual, open Netflix app, then Youtube app and only after opening two different apps I can say for sure that Emby is closed so I reopen it. Usually this does the trick....usually.... 

After I'd open Emby, it wouldn't load all the pictures of the categories (Movies, TV Shows) and even If I would somehow manage to click on the TV show that I watching, it would just remain in an endless Loading loop. 

Also, I don't know how the buffering works, but last night was a nightmare.... X(    Because I would try to fix the issue with the subtitles (as described in the above) I thought that this is the cause of the buffering issues, that by meddling in the automatic Autoplay process (trying to fix my subs :(  ) I somehow broke the buffering and at the end of the episode I would just let it Autoplay Next and chose to disable the sub instead :(   2/3 times it worked... 

- Search button :( WHY ? but WHY ? don't we have this ? I might be blind but I didn't see any good reason for not putting a search option :(  

I can't think of any other problems, besides the loading issues which are killingggg me right now :( I will come back with more info 

Edited by Nunuzor