Status on official LG app

jhs

deiniol39

From Settings, go into Users. Choose which user your having problems with and then scroll down to find the setting in this photo. The only one I have had problems with is a 4K with FYS in it. Otherwise I watched a full movie with no probs. I run a Qnap server.

Just be aware that will likely cause playback problems in other emby apps.

Simple solution (for now) create a LG specific user...

vangeliis

Approved, but only for webos 3.0 devices. They reported an issue with 1.0 and 2.0 devices that we'll need to resolve.

Hi @@Luke

What's the latest regarding Netcast, WebOS1, WebOS2 devices?

HumanPanda

LG OLED C7 user here. Is anyone else experiencing navigation being sluggish? Plex and XPlay and I think screenplay do not have this issue. Also Play and Pause buttons do not work which I kind of wish they did. The only way it seems like I can pause or play is to use the motion control and hit pause with it. Otherwise it is working great. With the workaround of disabling transcoding I am able to play 4k HDR videos smoothly even better than XPlay and the Native Plex app doesn't even support it at all without transcoding.

Edited by phiyuku

lateparty

Made this post in the announcement thread last night and realised it probably wasn’t the best place to get any attention.

LG Au, all relevant TV details attached, still cannot see the app in the LG App store.

I wouldn’t mind so much but ScreenPlay can’t disable subtitles anymore (???) and watching through DLNA (SmartShare) doesn’t update my Trakt. Lose-lose but one is certainly worse.

Is there anything that can be done to push it out down-under? There are so many crapware apps in the LG app market, I would hope there aren’t too many hurdles.

post-235345-0-13137700-1509946625_thumb.jpeg

post-235345-0-69807900-1509946645_thumb.jpeg

post-235345-0-16074000-1509946673_thumb.jpeg

Edited by lateparty

WebOS 2.0.  You will need to wait for this release

Edited by SamES

lateparty

Tanks Sam, I had to look the model number up on their site to see it's WebOS 2.0. Which is annoying considering I thought it was the 4.x in Software version that defined the WebOS version.

Oh well, the wait continues.

• 2 weeks later...
andyblac644

@@Luke any chance you can give LG a nudge ?, also you think it would be possible to change the update mechanism, so you do need to rely on LG, the author of Xplay (plex app) for LG, he does not require LG to approve update his app download updates with needing LG store.

andyblac644

guy's just a heads up contacted LG direct about App for WebOS 2, here is there response, I suggest you do the same.

Good Afternoon Andrew

First of all, thank you for taking the time out of your day to contact us. I hope you are enjoying your day so far, and I would be happy to assist you with your query.
We shall have a look into this for you and see what we can find out Andrew.
If you do wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 847 5454 or alternatively you can also reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link below.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

I have had a repose from LG @@Luke can you please look into whats going on?

Good morning Andrew,

Thank you for your query regarding your LG TV; I would be more than happy to assist you with this query today.

I have taken a look into this for you. I can see that the EMBY app has passed the Quality Checks for our WEB-OS 3 and WEB-OS 3.5 TV’s and is currently available for download on the market place. However the app doesn’t appear to work properly on the WEB-OS 2 and WEB-OS 1 TV’s so it hasn’t passed the necessary requirements to become available on the market place.

Once the app is stable enough to work on the older hardware and operating systems it will be uploaded.

If you do wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 847 5454 or alternatively you can also reply to this email by clicking on the wish to reply to this email button just below. Should you need to attach anything in your response, please click on the start a brand new enquiry button.

I hope you are happy with the service I have personally provided, if you are, please take the time to fill out a short survey at the bottom of this email. It is based solely on my efforts for you. I appreciate all feedback given!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards 
Carlin
LG Electronics UK Help desk
Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

As it turns out @@Luke was telling us the truth  ;)

sorry ?, @@Luke resubmitted the app for webos2 on around the 10th sept for approval, that what I am asking lg why it taking so long for the app to be approved, but there saying is still not working.

Edited by andyblac644

vangeliis

sorry ?, @@Luke resubmitted the app for webos2 on around the 10th sept for approval, that what I am asking lg why it taking so long for the app to be approved, but there saying is still not working.

Hi,

I’m as frustrated about this delay as you are and appreciate your efforts in querying LG about this. It seems to be out of Luke’s hands when LG chooses/decides to approve apps.

andyblac644

after 5 attempts and seriously kicking off at them, finally getting somewhere

Good morning Andrew,

Thank you for your query regarding your LG TV; I would be more than happy to assist you with this query today.

I have raised a complaint for you regarding this. We should get a response to say how far along the approval process this is and if it looks like being accepted or declined. Your case number is VCU************.

If you do wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 847 5454 or alternatively you can also reply to this email by clicking on the wish to reply to this email button just below. Should you need to attach anything in your response, please click on the start a brand new enquiry button.

I hope you are happy with the service I have personally provided, if you are, please take the time to fill out a short survey at the bottom of this email. It is based solely on my efforts for you. I appreciate all feedback given!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards 
Carlin

guy's I suggest you ALL start complaining the LG App Store in your country, I'll keep you informed.

Andy.

Edited by andyblac644

vangeliis

after 5 attempts and seriously kicking off at them, finally getting somewhere

guy's I suggest you ALL start complaining the LG App Store in your country, I'll keep you informed.

Andy.

Here is one more:

Good morning Vangelis,

Thank you for your query regarding your LG TV; I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you, we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails with the recent sales and the Christmas round the corner. I would be more than happy to assist you with this query today.

I have recently raised a similar question regarding this App for WEB-OS 2 TV’s. Currently the Emby app is only available on WEB-OS 3 and WEB-OS 3.5. From the request I raised there has been an a second app submission for WEB-OS 1 and WEB-OS 2 TV’s but nothing was mentioned about Netcast TV’s.

I will raise this to see if an app is in development for Netcast as well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards 

Carlin

---------------------------------- 

LG Customer Services 

UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 01 686 9454

Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm

Closed bank holidays 

www.lg.com/uk

You can even reach us via our Web Chat facility through the LG UK website

Your feedback is very important to LG and will help us to improve our service.

Thank you very much for your time.

#satisfactionHere

LG Electronics Customer Support - http://www.lg.com/uk/support

• Like 1

They told us today that they are in the middle of an internal migration which is causing the app validation to take "longer than usual".

You guys can see how, when it takes them over a month to turn around a QA session and they are testing against 100s of devices and will reject based on tiny niggles or simply something they just don't understand properly, this process is lengthy and painful for all of us :).

• Like 1

andyblac644

just an update

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email regarding your LG 55EF950V.

First of all I'd like to thank you for taking your time out of your day to email us about your query. I also apologize for any inconvenience you are having with the unit but I would be happy to help.

In regards to your query, currently we are awaiting confirmation from Head Office as this is still under review/testing. As you were previously made aware the application we originally received failed certain tests and therefore wasn't released for prior versions of our WebOS operating system. Now, with this being resubmitted, as with all applications our relevant department are thoroughly testing the application to ensure full compatibility and quality. Once there has been a definitive outcome of this you will be contacted due to a case being raised on our system for yourself regarding this by our previous colleague you had correspondence with.

In the meantime, if you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 847 5454 or alternatively you can also reply to this email by clicking on the button near the bottom of the email which states 'click here to send a new message to LG Customer Services. 

Kind regards,

Jake