Status on official LG app

jhs

monkeycoder

I too would love an update, been waiting for emby on my LG before I go premium.

I contatcted LG earlier to see if they had any update, but there customer server where less than helpful....apparently emby devs sould be fully up-to-date on the submission/verification process though? :-)

Many Thanks

Neil

Approved, but only for webos 3.0 devices. They reported an issue with 1.0 and 2.0 devices that we'll need to resolve.

• Like 1

thefad3done

Approved, but only for webos 3.0 devices. They reported an issue with 1.0 and 2.0 devices that we'll need to resolve.

Ah that explains why I couldn't find it on my mum's TV. Working nicely on my webos 3.0 TV though - thanks for the hard work =)

thefad3done

One issue I have with this app is the menu noises - most of the time they don't work (i.e. when you move around and select things) then on occasion it makes a very loud noise (and I mean loud) as it catches up then sounds work for a bit then stop again.

Is there or will there be in an update, a way to turn off those sounds ? @@Luke

Hi,

just installed this long-awaited emby on my lg 55b6V, connection as usual no issue. :)

I have access to all my collection, 1080P mkvs play fine.

but

• 4K HDR mkvs are transcoded whereas a direct play via DLNA is ok on the TV ( when I say transcoded, my server is not capable to transcode 4K h265 in real time, the movie is not smooth ;) )
  • I have no sound on live TV.

with kodi+emby on a TVshield connected on the same TV, I have no issue with 4K and live TV.

please tell me if I have to check/tweak something in the configuration.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I install the as on my lg tv
Same remark than fkp, 4K mkv files are transcode (with screenplay app there are not when using direct play)

Another pb, subtiles doesn’t work

Barnum

Ps: can we disable autologin ?

Edited by barnum

Hi,

just installed this long-awaited emby on my lg 55b6V, connection as usual no issue. :)

but

• 4K HDR mkvs are transcoded whereas a direct play via DLNA is ok on the TV ( when I say transcoded, my server is not capable to transcode 4K h265 in real time, the movie is not smooth ;) )

with kodi+emby on a TVshield connected on the same TV, I have no issue with 4K and live TV.

Thanks.

@@fkp, please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

mastrmind11

aww, boo, just got home and tried to find the app, but nothing.  Is it a slow rollout or something?  I'm on webOS 3.15.15 w/ no updates available.  :(

edit: goddamnit, just looked at my tv specs.... webOS 2.0.... so disregard

Edited by mastrmind11

monkeycoder

Hi,

but

Thanks.

Guessing there's still a few bugs to be worked out, possible work around, on the user setting disable "Allow audio playback that requires transcoding" and "Allow video playback that requires transcoding", this then plays 4K HDR, however there seems to be a 500ms pause every 10 seconds or so....does anyone else experience the same?

I've gone back to using DLNA for the moment :-(

aww, boo, just got home and tried to find the app, but nothing.  Is it a slow rollout or something?  I'm on webOS 3.15.15 w/ no updates available.  :(

edit: goddamnit, just looked at my tv specs.... webOS 2.0.... so disregard

What model is your TV?

calexandre

Hello @@Luke,

Thanks for finally bringing Emby to LG AppStore :)

I've tried the app on my TV and unfortunately I cannot play with subtitles - they just don't show up no matter what language I choose. 

• DLNA playback is OK and shows subtitles accordingly.
  • I am using a custom profile named "LG Smart TV 2017" that is derived from the built-in "LG Smart TV" profile. The only difference is the support for HEVC; other than that, the profile is equal. You can find it attached below.
  • I also noted in the logs that subtitle encoding is ANSI (aka windows-1252). Is this an issue? They work OK via DLNA or XPlay (plex).

I've updated Emby server the latest version, also cleaned up the log folder before reproducing the issue so that you can have a clean slate of everything that is going on the server.

I attached a zip with:

• The server log
  • The subtitle file
  • The custom profile that I'm using

My tv model is: LG 43UJ701V / webOS 3.5

UPDATE: Moved to new thread.

Edited by calexandre

redboyke

can someone tell me how do i make emby remember the play position? i just played a few files and fast forward and exiting and went back in and it started from the beginning.

another complaint is that pressing RIGHT doesn't Fast Forward and those audio key on every button press are getting annoying for every action.

and the iptv play m3u streams but the audio doesn't work. (also is a big drama with large channel lists) and having that additional play button when choosing a channel and exiting.

number input does nothing and neither does channel up and down.

also pressing back repeatedly doesn't take you back to the home screen.

also i don't understand why you have to have 1 super huge featured movie/tvshow it takes way too much space that could be useful.

i mean the interface is slow when opening the app it takes way to long to load all the images from movies /tv show tabs.

well i guess i cant complain about that too much cause on my laptop it takes literally ages to load if at all. takes a few refresh.

Attached file

Same here, no sound on live tv.  LG OLED C7 (2017).  There is already logs attached above, so I did not provide any... if there is a need I can generate some.

• I am using a custom profile named "LG Smart TV 2017" that is derived from the built-in "LG Smart TV" profile. The only difference is the support for HEVC; other than that, the profile is equal. You can find it attached below.
HI calexandre,

where did you put your custom profile on the emby server?

Regards,

Barnum

Edited by barnum

Guessing there's still a few bugs to be worked out, possible work around, on the user setting disable "Allow audio playback that requires transcoding" and "Allow video playback that requires transcoding", this then plays 4K HDR, however there seems to be a 500ms pause every 10 seconds or so....does anyone else experience the same?

I've gone back to using DLNA for the moment :-(

If you have pause it's seem that you server is transcoding the video, do you have check the cpu activity of your server ?

Regards

monkeycoder

If you have pause it's seem that you server is transcoding the video, do you have check the cpu activity of your server ?

Regards

No, I didn't check the CPU activity, emby dashboard reported direct play though and the TV (OLED55B7V) popped up the HDR logo which wasn't previously happening (when transcoding), also disabling "Allow audio playback that requires transcoding" and "Allow video playback that requires transcoding" I would assume should stop all transcoding.

Edited by monkeycoder

No, I didn't check the CPU activity, emby dashboard reported direct play though and the TV (OLED55B7V) popped up the HDR logo which wasn't previously happening (when transcoding), also disabling "Allow audio playback that requires transcoding" and "Allow video playback that requires transcoding" I would assume should stop all transcoding.

Ok If you have the logo that mean no transcoding.

Can you tell me if the video is an MKV or MP4 file ?

Thanks,

Barnum