Status on official LG app

jhs

NakedPirate
On 12/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, embilly said:

Is there a way of installing the older lg app version?

No easy way....you will have to root your WebOS and get ahold of the original app in *.ipk or *.zip format in order to sideload it.

For the couple issues that have been reported we are working on resolving them, and hopefully in the next week or so we'll be ready to submit a new update to LG. Thanks.

• Like 2

how can i modify the emby page so it only shows albums and folders, as in remove genre, songs and the others, can this be done via the api

Was waiting for this update to fix the non working channel up and down buttons (to change channels) of magic remote on LG tv , Does that P Button works for you?

For me doing nothing, so i have to go back from live to channel list, select a channel , press the play again on another channel, so many clicks just to channel Up or Down .

joetoml1n

I've been toying between an LG C1 and Samsung QN95A. Now the LG supports Emby, it's a more likely candidate, although worryingly the spec sheet lists 50mbps as a max bitrate for H264/5 files 🧐

image.thumb.jpeg.07874ff552119d76aa669094b2449442.jpeg

Can someone who has a LG TV confirm if this is the case via Emby, or whether this max bitrate is inaccurate, doesn't apply or maybe applies to other inputs - perhaps say USB etc..

I have a number of my own videos at 100mbps and also a number of downloaded titles at 50MBPS + (essentially every 4k blu ray ever..). My 2019 Samsung Q8 plays 100mbps vids fine through Emby, so obviously if LG Emby cannot support this then it's a no go from me! I like to think it'll work fine, but I wanted to check before dropping the cash..!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

dariusaurius
1 hour ago, joetoml1n said:

I've been toying between an LG C1 and Samsung QN95A. Now the LG supports Emby, it's a more likely candidate, although worryingly the spec sheet lists 50mbps as a max bitrate for H264/5 files 🧐

image.thumb.jpeg.07874ff552119d76aa669094b2449442.jpeg

Can someone who has a LG TV confirm if this is the case via Emby, or whether this max bitrate is inaccurate, doesn't apply or maybe applies to other inputs - perhaps say USB etc..

I have a number of my own videos at 100mbps and also a number of downloaded titles at 50MBPS + (essentially every 4k blu ray ever..). My 2019 Samsung Q8 plays 100mbps vids fine through Emby, so obviously if LG Emby cannot support this then it's a no go from me! I like to think it'll work fine, but I wanted to check before dropping the cash..!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

My older LG C9 has no problems with 100+ Mbit/s files

joetoml1n
36 minutes ago, dariusaurius said:

My older LG C9 has no problems with 100+ Mbit/s files

Thanks, I assumed it must have not been correct and the TV would support higher bitrates, but I wanted to check - I couldn't imagine they'd have limited themselves in that way.

KevinSartori
4 hours ago, joetoml1n said:

Thanks, I assumed it must have not been correct and the TV would support higher bitrates, but I wanted to check - I couldn't imagine they'd have limited themselves in that way.

Hi joetoml1n,

Via a tip on AVS Forum, I discovered that you can use a USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter on your LG TV to get better network bandwidth.  I have a 2017 LG OLED65B7P and use this adapter from Amazon.  Running the bandwidth test on LG's built-in Netflix app gets me 236.61mbps, which is my max Internet speed and beats wi-fi.

For $14.99 shipped, it's a fantastic way to get around LG's bad decision to use a 100mbps Ethernet port!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.39 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.41 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2