Status on official LG app

jhs

Ronstang
2 hours ago, unisoft said:

I've been with Media Browser before Emby and that supported quite a few themes and you are saying you can't support two? You also previously refused a view option so that customers could keep previous behaviour of showing genres by artist with albums then shown. Basically the albums by an artist tagged in that genre. You changed it to blindly follow Spotify when you had it correct to start with. The family expect to go into GENRES then see a list of Artists then the albums and that is all decided by what is tagged for the genre. This is for Music, Music Videos and Audio books and another reason why these top menu options in vertical layout view don't work as you changed to GENRE > ALBUM.

You are 100% correct the hierarchy when you select to view by genre should be, and ONLY be.....GENRE>ARTIST>ALBUMS>SONGS, if it is any other way it is not only counterintuitive it is wrong.  If Spotify does it GENRE>ALBUMS then they are wrong, no wonder I don't like Spotify.  I now remember I tried using Spotify once and gave up since they have the hierarchy totally botched.

17 hours ago, unisoft said:

Google TV uses horizontal

All of my Google TV devices look almost exactly like our default home screen in our app - with a vertical layout of horizontally scrolling rows:

image.png

image.png

image.png

CrappyUserName
I don't have any issues with vertical/horizontal since updating. The layout is the same as before for me.

It feels a lot snappier when browsing. Definitely some improvements there.

And the progress wheel is different. While I like the design over previous one (old one was a bit pixelated up close) I don't really like the rainbow colours, it doesn't really match the theme....

I haven't checked if it can be changed yet.

TheOverseer
22 hours ago, ebr said:

image.png

@ebrOff topic; but where can I get your thumbnail images for TV Shows, Movies etc?

Edited by TheOverseer

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, TheOverseer said:

but where can I get your thumbnail images for TV Shows, Movies etc?

6 hours ago, embilly said:

¿Pueden otros verificar que la opción de carpeta haya desaparecido en la aplicación lg emby?

Yo tambien me di cuenta que la opción de carpeta en mi seccion de musica habia desaparecido y no podia tener mis discografias ordenadas como siempre, lo he comunicado y me ha dicho que esta solucionado para la proxima actualizacion que a saber cuando sera. Estoy planteandome comprar un fire stick para ver el emby por medio de el, porque la musica ya no la puedo localizar como antes.

I agree with the disappointment with bosses. I think an update needs pushing out ASAP. If these items were available previously then it's a simple fix or atleast revert it to the previous version

CrappyUserName
8 hours ago, embilly said:

can others please check that the folder option has disappeared on the lg emby app

If you mean the browse by folders option at the top of the screen, it's still there.

I had a suggestion a long time ago that the title of a thumbnail you have highlighted scrolls across like LG do in their TV guide. It would be handy for music videos where sometimes the band name takes up all the visible text and the thumbnails don't really give an indication of what concert/show it is.

16 hours ago, embilly said:

can others please check that the folder option has disappeared on the lg emby app

It is still there but almost completely covered by the unfortunate placement of "Get Premium" button (if you don't already have the Premium license).

unisoft
On 16/12/2021 at 22:54, unisoft said:

Great news of a release.

The guide looks odd. Although the original bug of screen corruption at the bottom has been fixed, I'm finding on my 32" HD LED LG TV that there is wasted space where another 4 channels could be listed. The guide looks too small.

Also the logos for shows logo.png still look too small on the now playing window where media controls get displayed. In the other apps they are better sized. I reported this a few years ago now and disappointing it's not fixed. I also didn't see the logos when you are at the season level.

Also in horizontal view suddenly got 24 tiles on homescreen under TV for Continue Watching. A bit excessive as 9 to 12 is plenty. Perhaps a config file setting would be nice here.

Scrolling seems faster which is great!

Luke /EBR - any comments on my findings on the three items above with new version .31?

I noticed audiobooks didn't show the description tag too, but to be fair I think this will be because this was done AFTER you had done the dev for this version. Also the Music (and Audiobooks) libraries are out of kilter with the other apps as they so every track inside an Album as a huge square cover art (unsorted by track number tagged). The other newest Emby apps show as a list with small cover art when looking at an Album's tracks and in tagged track order.

Edited by unisoft
typos!

Am I the only one experiencing problems with the scroll after the update?

When I go to, e.g, series folder, i have lets say 8 lines of different series. When i scroll down, as long as the lines are visible it moves ok, but when i'm in the last visible one and press down, instead of scrolling to show the next line, the cursor disappears. To be able to do it, I must go up again, an the down and that way the list is scrolled up.

P.s. By the way. I expected the new version to show contextual menus as the web one. But it's not (or at least, i wasn't able to show them)

Edited by Pikohh

24 minutes ago, Pikohh said:

Am I the only one experiencing problems with the scroll after the update?

When I go to, e.g, series folder, i have lets say 8 lines of different series. When i scroll down, as long as the lines are visible it moves ok, but when i'm in the last visible one and press down, instead of scrolling to show the next line, the cursor disappears. To be able to do it, I must go up again, an the down and that way the list is scrolled up.

P.s. By the way. I expected the new version to show contextual menus as the web one. But it's not (or at least, i wasn't able to show them)

• Like 1

WhackOBill

Nice to see the native LG app available for the new models (C1 for me).  It's a bit slow compared to my Firestick 4K but that's probably due to LG's choice of CPU in the TV being underpowered.  I've not been able to play around with it much yet.  Congrats on delivering before Christmas though.

neves000

Happy to see this update!
Among those who have updated the application, is it a good idea to do it now, or do you have some problems? I am still waiting a while to be sure that I won't be stuck for years on a version with bugs. Thank you!

coolspot

I updated and haven't had any issues...granted we've only watched tv shows which typically aren't an issue...it's more when I got into the 4k hdr /hevc/DTS/subtitle stuff where I had issues in the past.  I haven't had a chance to do good testing yet as I had converted the audio for my problem files already.

Edited by coolspot
  • Thanks 1

I for one want to thank the developers for seeing this through and finally getting an updated version published. It may not be the latest and greatest release as we would all want but could everyone please just stop complaining for a minute and appreciate the update and the fact that Emby did not give up on supporting the platform. Hopefully this also mean that we are going to see further updates down the road that may be little easier to get through the approval process now that LG is more familiar with the application.

As for the update, I personally see major improvements. The interface is much more responsive when accessing large collections. DTS transcoding works flawlessly. Recently I started having issues with some of the media files playback that looked like a network throughput not keeping up but it wasn't (other larger / higher bitrate files played perfectly fine) - it appears to be gone. Some small but helpful improvements like a new prompt to delete an episode or the entire folder. Admittedly, my Emby server runs on QNAP so I don't use more advance / premium features and don't have most of the issues people have brought up here. The only peeve I have is the inability to remove the 10 sec nag. I understand it has been removed on other platforms or there is a pay option to remove it (instead of paying for Premium)? I would be more then happy to pay any reasonable one-time amount to have it removed, to support the product development. It's just that it makes no sense to pay for the Premium subscription when this is literally the only feature that would benefit me in my current setup. I'll likely just get the lifetime subscription the next time there is a promotion. Unfortunately I missed the November one. :(

Anyhow, to any administrator that may be reading this... thank you for putting up with us and our sometime testy comments. They were born out of frustration of not seeing any progress for such a long time. I appreciate that you still took time to respond even if those replies were not what we hoped for. It is nice to see that you did not abandon the platform, it often felt that way. We hope to see more progress in the future. Have a wonderful holidays!

Edited by senad
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

pmurphy0881

Just wanted to say thank you to the Emby development team for all their work in getting the Emby app back on to LG TV again.  As disappointed as I am with LG for changing their privacy policies to force a tracker deep inside you to be able to download the app, I am very appreciative of the Emby team.

I for one though won't be staying with LG going forward after this.
I'm tired of every aspect of our lives being monitored and sold to the highest bidder.

PS... I don't know what manufacturer I will be going to but I have some time to figure it out.

CrappyUserName
4 hours ago, pmurphy0881 said:

I for one though won't be staying with LG going forward after this.

They are all the same really. Samsung is particularly bad. If you set up a PiHole you can block all the telemetry spyware stuff. I don't get any ads on my LG now.

My biggest issue with LG is how they dropped support for DTS on the OLEDs. Pretty stupid they are going to lose a future sale over something like that considering how much they sell for.

After a few days on the new version I haven't come across any issues yet. Pretty sure it was available previously but I used the subtitle download feature the other night and that worked ok.