Status on official LG app

jhs

ASMITH84
24 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Those of us who have offered options are only trying to help provide temporary solutions to those who may not be aware.   You can keep on getting upset at me all you wish, but I'm not going to stop trying to help those who need something to get them by until the Emby devs can get you an app published by LG you're happy with.

Temporary? It's been almost 2 years since the update... 🤔

• Agree 1

FrostByte
1 minute ago, ASMITH84 said:

Temporary? It's been almost 2 years since the update... 🤔

Agree.  I meant temporary as in you could sell whatever solution you came up with in order to get some of your money back once an app is approved by LG testers.  Personally, I couldn't wait 2 years and no way I'm using USB if I had a new C1 because I'm too lazy.   Hopefully, they can talk some sense into the people at LG soon

• Like 1

darkside40

Just had a look over there at the guys of Jellyfin. Okay they dont have a WebOS Client on the Store, but what they do is to give their users a manual method how to build an install IPK's on WebOS.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-webos

Instead of trying now for two years to get an update into the LG store, wouldnt it be a better idea to simple share the source or an precompiled IPK to the Emby community and tell them: Here you got it, this is the way to install it. Take precautions and do your best!

I dont know if that would have been a problem back in the days when Emby was still Open Source and the Community was really involved.

Edited by darkside40
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, darkside40 said:

Just had a look over there at the guys of Jellyfin. Okay they dont have a WebOS Client on the Store, but what they do is to give their users a manual method how to build an install IPK's on WebOS.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-webos

Instead of trying now for two years to get an update into the LG store, wouldnt it be a better idea to simple share the source or an precompiled IPK to the Emby community and tell them: Here you got it, this is the way to install it. Take precautions and do your best!

I dont know if that would have been a problem back in the days when Emby was still Open Source and the Community was really involved.

Come on, after a year and a half, hiding things, LYING, and to know what else ....

Now we ask you to pass us an IPK or better yet, the source code :D

We can sit and wait.

The IPK option would be reasonable, but I think someone asked for it around here and guess what:
They replied saying there was a version already in review. 💥💥   waaaja

bierskill

Here´s the answer:

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage an den CEO der LG Electronics.
Ich habe Ihre Anfrage mit dem dazugehörigen Link an die Entwicklungsabteilung weitergeleitet.
In der Regel ist es so, dass der Anbieter einer App, in diesem Fall Emby, selbst für die
Portierung und Qualität Sicherung der App zuständig ist.

Daher kann ich zum aktuellen Zeitpunkt keine weiteren Informationen über
eine mögliche Anpassung der App geben.

Thank you for your inquiry to the CEO of LG Electronics.

I have forwarded your request with the associated link to the development department.

It is usually the case that the provider of an app, in this case Emby, is itself responsible for the
porting and quality assurance of the app.

Therefore, at the current time I can not give any further information about
a possible adaptation of the app.

neves000

Nothing interesting, but here is the answer I got from LG France on December 2nd:

Cher Monsieur,

Je vous remercie d'avoir contacté le Service Client LG France.

Concernant votre demande relative à votre téléviseur LG OLED65GX, vous souhaitez des précisions concernant le fonctionnement des applications via le LG Content Store.

Je vous informe que le LG Content Store est dépendant des éditeurs/développeurs d'applications : LG n'est pas en charge de leur développement, de leur support ou de leur maintenance.
De ce fait, je vous confirme que LG ne rentre pas en ligne de compte dans le développement et la mise à disposition d'une application.
En conséquence, je vous invite à vous retourner vers les développeurs de l'application EMBY.

Toutefois, j'attire votre attention sur le fait que vous avez la possibilité d'installer ces applications sur votre smartphone ou votre tablette et d'effectuer un partage d'écran pour la visualiser sur votre TV. Vous pouvez aussi utiliser un périphérique externe type Chromecast, Amazon Firestick TV, Apple TV, Xiaomi Mi Box, Nvidia Shield, pour faire de même.
Il est également possible d'installer les applications soit sur votre box/décodeur TV ADSL (si celle-ci est compatible) ou une console de jeux telle que la Playstation 4, PS5, Xbox One ou Xbox Series.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting LG France Customer Service.

Regarding your request relating to your LG OLED65GX television, you would like details on the operation of the applications via the LG Content Store.

I inform you that the LG Content Store is dependent on the publishers / developers of applications: LG is not in charge of their development, support or maintenance. Therefore, I confirm that LG does not come into play in the development and the provision of an application.

Accordingly, I invite you to turn to the developers of the EMBY application. However, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that you can install these applications on your smartphone or tablet and perform a screen share to view them on your TV. You can also use an external device such as Chromecast, Amazon Firestick TV, Apple TV, Xiaomi Mi Box, Nvidia Shield, to do the same.

It is also possible to install the applications either on your ADSL TV box / decoder (if it is compatible) or a game console such as the Playstation 4, PS5, Xbox One or Xbox Series.

1 hour ago, neves000 said:

LG does not come into play in the development and the provision of an application.

Well, that is just blatantly incorrect as they have complete control over the "provisioning" of the application.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ebr said:

Well, that is just blatantly incorrect as they have complete control over the "provisioning" of the application.

Yes but is Emby doing about this  blatant "lie" ???

1 hour ago, macnb said:

Yes but is Emby doing about this  blatant "lie" ???

I'm not sure what you mean but we are continuing to submit the app.

darkside40

What about the idea to post an ipk on the forum so people could sideload it.

Just like you do it with the Android TV beta's?

Messing around with LG seems to be somewhat unpleasant and leads to dissatisfaction on all sides.

• Agree 3

Spocks_Logic

Just wanted to add that I'm also perplexed that it has taken this long to get the app approved by LG.  I just got the new LG C1 series TV the other week and didn't bother to check to see if the app was available as it was on my old LG device.  

Admin - Are you able to shed more light into the ongoing issue and reasonable ETA on when we can expect the app to be available? 

2 hours ago, Spocks_Logic said:

Solo quería agregar que también estoy perplejo de que haya tardado tanto en obtener la aprobación de la aplicación por parte de LG. Acabo de recibir el nuevo televisor de la serie LG C1 la otra semana y no me molesté en verificar si la aplicación estaba disponible como estaba en mi antiguo dispositivo LG.  

Administrador: ¿Puede arrojar más luz sobre el problema en curso y la ETA razonable sobre cuándo podemos esperar que la aplicación esté disponible? 

Tomorrow

On 12/6/2021 at 8:08 AM, darkside40 said:

What about the idea to post an ipk on the forum so people could sideload it.

Just like you do it with the Android TV beta's?

Messing around with LG seems to be somewhat unpleasant and leads to dissatisfaction on all sides.

If I have well understood the process for creating and installing the IPK, by using the LG development kit, the created IPK can be installed only on a single TV device, because that IPK contains the TV serial number hard-coded in it. 

1 hour ago, nabla79 said:

Do you really mean that the IPK will be available tomorrow? Or are you ironic?

Sorry, is irónic....

I very frustrated with this tópic....

14 minutes ago, neik said:

Guys, have a look at this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/103993-works-tested-emby-for-lg-2021-soft-6-soft-320-or-higher/

Using the browser is just a workaround but for those that need or want to use their LG it seems to be working.

I confirm it works, but there is a minor issue that for me is annoying: in video-play/full-screen mode there is a thin grey bar at the top of the screen, which is the reduced browser bar. To be discovered if there is a way (a possible browser option) for removing it... I looked for a similar option, but with no success.

Regarding the app publishing on the TV LG app store... I'm wondering of there if the Emby software creator are using the correct channel for requesting the app publishing. Probably there could be other channels/methods/LG-reference-persons to be contacted for making the publishing process faster....

On 12/6/2021 at 12:47 AM, ebr said:

I'm not sure what you mean but we are continuing to submit the app.

Have you told LG that they are lying  and that they are in total control of provisioning the Emby App ?

Please show us an email whereby Emby have requested an explanation from LG as to why the Emby App is still not available on LG TV's 18+ months after submission.

HolyGigi
On 12/7/2021 at 11:59 AM, nabla79 said:

I confirm it works, but there is a minor issue that for me is annoying: in video-play/full-screen mode there is a thin grey bar at the top of the screen, which is the reduced browser bar. To be discovered if there is a way (a possible browser option) for removing it... I looked for a similar option, but with no success.

Try double clicking on the movie with the scroll wheel. Seems to work for me on a C1

• Like 3

On 09/12/2021 at 19:16, HolyGigi said:

Try double clicking on the movie with the scroll wheel. Seems to work for me on a C1

thanks for the tip. double-clicking the scroll wheel on a B8 remote does not work.