Status on official LG app

jhs

FrostByte

Why not buy a Shield now and then sell it later when an app gets published?  It's sure better than sneaker netting your media while waiting and you can get some of that money back later. 

Downside is that most likely you won't want to sell your Shield later because you will get used to the fact that the Shield supports a lot more things like DTS:X, DV profile 7, etc which the TV app will never support and you won't want to go back.

• Agree 2

David Patt
4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Why not buy a Shield now and then sell it later when an app gets published?  It's sure better than sneaker netting your media while waiting and you can get some of that money back later. 

Great idea , why i not think about it sooner. Let me check my wallet , nope no 230 USD for Shield sorry.  

And then sell it for how much ? Maybe third if i get lucky.

Really if i know in how misareble state LG support is i will buy android TV instead.

FrostByte

I do feel sorry for you.  Spent all your money on a brand new LG OLED TV and now you have no more money.  Have you ever heard of "Go Fund Me"?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

FrostByte

There are cheaper boxes too if you can't afford the Shield.  The fact is waiting 2 years for an app seems a little silly.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

David Patt

I buy that TV last yeah and it was not expensive, but really dont see point when emby says LG  is supported but later i find out to buy additional device because of god know is happening with updates. 

David Patt
4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

There are cheaper boxes too if you can't afford the Shield.  The fact is waiting 2 years for an app seems a little silly.

I think silly is While on website LG is supported but in reality it is a lie.

Edited by David Patt
Correction

FrostByte
Just now, David Patt said:

I think silný is White on website LG is supported but in reality it is a lie.

It does support LG, but agree it could be worded better and mention years until something is done

• Agree 1

David Patt

Supported is strong Word. Yes you can launch it. Sometimes it even play movie. And on lucky Day it dont crash five Times until movie is over.

e2zippo

I agree, it could be phrased better, something like "LG TV's are supported with limited functionality and limited support"

And the transparency could certainly be better from the Emby team, instead of hearing Luke say "We're working on an update" and then it's quiet for 3-4 months.

But like FrostByte said, you can get very cheap boxes (50-60$) to run emby (Kodi) on. Almost any amlogic box can run Kodi, which has superior support for HDR and frame rate switching as well. 

If you dont like Kodi there are other ways to get emby running native that works well on other small cheap boxes.

From where we are now I would just assume the LG app is dead. Then move on.

1 minute ago, e2zippo said:

And the transparency could certainly be better from the Emby team, instead of hearing Luke say "We're working on an update" and then it's quiet for 3-4 months.

Hi.  We have explained this just no one wants to believe us.

Our last submission was recently rejected by them again due to mostly ignorance on their part for how to test it.

neves000
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Our last submission was recently rejected by them again due to mostly ignorance on their part for how to test it.

Why don't you want to write a timeline of all your attempts? With date, submitted version, LG's response and the reason for the refusal? it will be more clear to everyone.

• Like 2

David Patt
4 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

I agree, it could be phrased better, something like "LG TV's are supported with limited functionality and limited support"

But like FrostByte said, you can get very cheap boxes (50-60$) to run emby (Kodi) on. Almost any amlogic box can run Kodi, which has superior support for HDR and frame rate switching as well. 

If you dont like Kodi there are other ways to get emby running native that works well on other small cheap boxes.

From where we are now I would just assume the LG app is dead. Then move on.

4 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

i dont really care at this point , lg tv belongs to my father and he watch just war movies or comedy shows so i just preload them on usb stick and once per month delete what he watch and upload new ones. As i say like in stone age but it work and its free. Yes with Emby it is convinient and i know what he watch but cant anymore. I dont feel to spend any additional money right now. 

16 minutes ago, ebr said:

Really? the same movie again?

According to you, the fault is of the users that we don't want to believe you, right?
Have you read the thread carefully?

It is a shame.

What any serious team would have done a long time ago, is not to repeat and parrot the same thing over and over again for a year and a half, but to PROVIDE a minimum of evidence.
For example email
A screenshot where you can see the update request.
Where you can see the rejection of LG.

Anyway, there are a thousand ways to at least give people something without getting into polemics of data protection or privacy (I see you coming).

What you are doing is shameful, there is no other explanation.
And thank goodness I didn't buy the lifetime version at the time, because maybe you could be accused of fraud or something similar if we start digging into the laws ... I do not know if I would be very wrong, buutttt.....

People buy a lifetime service, you have published the compatibility with LG, and then I can't use it. What do you call that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

neves000

Please stop trying to find alternative "solutions", like buying or using additional device. This thread is about the status of the Emby app on LG TVs, not how to not use Emby on LG TVs.

Edited by neves000
  • Agree 2

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, neves000 said:

Please stop trying to find alternative "solutions", like buying or using additional device. This thread is about the status of the Emby app on LG TVs, not how to not use Emby on LG TVs.

We are giving people options because there are people in here who said they have waited 2 years for an app to be released in the store and may not know there are not only other ways, but much better ways to get Emby on their LG TV.

If you do not like those options then please you can simply ignore them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

neves000
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

We are giving people options because there are people in here who said they have waited 2 years for an app to be released in the store and may not know there are not only other ways, but much better ways to get Emby on their LG TV.

If you do not like those options then please you can simply ignore them.

The solution you give is already present in this thread since 2018 (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49958-status-on-official-lg-app/&do=findComment&comment=553216) and has been repeated several times. Nothing new, and above all it is not related to the purpose of this topic.

CBers
Just now, neves000 said:

The solution you give is already present in this thread since 2018 (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49958-status-on-official-lg-app/&do=findComment&comment=553216) and has been repeated several times. Nothing new, and above all it is not related to the purpose of this topic.

Needs repeating for new people. 

I have an LG OLED TV and have a Shield connected to it. 

Reason is, the Shield is the best device for watching what I want to watch on my TV. 

Best TV and best playback device. 

Result? A happy Emby user. 

Thanks. 

FrostByte
1 minute ago, neves000 said:

And your complaint has been repeated more times than that with numerous threads created and locked and merged in here recently.  Do you have anything new to say?

• Confused 1

neves000
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

And your complaint has been repeated more times than that with numerous threads created and locked and merged in here recently.  Do you have anything new to say?

??? My complaint?

I just politely asked several times HERE IN THIS TOPIC ONLY that we can be informed of the steps taken by posting a timeline, and I was just literally ignored without any response.

Please rename this thread to "Workarounds to use Emby with LG TVs".

• Like 2

FrostByte
1 minute ago, neves000 said:

??? My complaint?

I just politely asked several times HERE IN THIS TOPIC ONLY that we can be informed of the steps taken by posting a timeline, and I was just literally ignored without any response.

Please rename this thread to "Workarounds to use Emby with LG TVs".

I'm not doing any such thing.  I've asked you several times to stop being rude to people offering help.  So do the polite thing and ignore the help if you don't want it.

• Confused 1

David Patt
4 hours ago, neves000 said:

Why don't you want to write a timeline of all your attempts? With date, submitted version, LG's response and the reason for the refusal? it will be more clear to everyone.

i guess its too much work. 

1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

I can clearly imagine new customer.

He try out Emby on his superb Android Tv and he likes it, so he support you.

Then what about we buy kids tv to their room. So customer go to the electronic store and see great price on LG tv. He hesitate. Check Emby website. Ohh it is supported. Nice. So he buy it. Go home and no app on LG store. So he checks forum. Oh great solution.

Go and buy shield. It is better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

FrostByte
15 minutes ago, David Patt said:

i guess its too much work. 

I can clearly imagine new customer.

He try out Emby on his superb Android Tv and he likes it, so he support you.

Then what about we buy kids tv to their room. So customer go to the electronic store and see great price on LG tv. He hesitate. Check Emby website. Ohh it is supported. Nice. So he buy it. Go home and no app on LG store. So he checks forum. Oh great solution.

Go and buy shield. It is better.

Those of us who have offered options are only trying to help provide temporary solutions to those who may not be aware.   You can keep on getting upset at me all you wish, but I'm not going to stop trying to help those who need something to get them by until the Emby devs can get you an app published by LG you're happy with.

• Like 1

1ch_h4lt

Hi all,

i guess it is not only me, waiting for official statements about the progress of Emby for LG. 
If any one is searching for alternative solutions, the main page of Emby shows how to install on other devices to.

Let just wait here for UPDATES.

Thanks ebr for the update.

best regards and a nice day!

• Agree 3