Slow channel changing

sbm7815

Mohammednt0
4 hours ago, BillOatman said:

@Mohammednt0 Pardon the probably stupid question, but are you using xTeVe to pride the channels to Emby?

no, i'm using a free iptv link, i don't know if it's allowed here to share a free iptv links, if yes i will share it

1 hour ago, Mohammednt0 said:

i don't know if they are transcoding, please check the attached files

Hi.  There are no files attached...

Yes, they are transcoding due to the app requesting a very low max bitrate (800kb/s).  What do you have set in the app for quality?

• 1 month later...
Mohammednt0
On 4/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, ebr said:

Yes, they are transcoding due to the app requesting a very low max bitrate (800kb/s).  What do you have set in the app for quality?

I change it to auto, the loading time is faster now but still slow between 25 to 40 seconds to load the channel , when im using iptv app the channel change instantly !

5 hours ago, Mohammednt0 said:

I change it to auto, the loading time is faster now but still slow between 25 to 40 seconds to load the channel , when im using iptv app the channel change instantly !

Hi.  We'd have to look at logs again to see what is happening now but it may still be transcoding.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
fantaxp7

Hello,

Any updates to channel changing speed? I see ebr mentioning it is fast locally on the Shield which I'd be using however I am curious as to how long it may take outside of that.

I had switched from using HD Homeruns to Youtube TV though now they are talking about removing more channels...may have to switch back.

Thanks