Audio Support on Xbox One?

nomatches4mikey

nomatches4mikey

I'm designing a new home theater space, and I want to support the lossless audio (TrueHD, DTS-MA), as well as advanced audio like Atmos or DTS:X.  I currently use a Roku Premier+ (which I love), but it only supports DD 5.1, so Emby is transcoding the audio for me (this is fine for my current setup, as I only have 5.1 installed anyway).  I'm looking at my options for the new space, and want to make sure my client will be able to pass through HD audio to the receiver.  From reading the forums, the Shield will handle this, but I haven't seen anything say for sure that the Xbox One will do this.  Can anyone confirm this for me?  Given that the Shield is $200, it makes sense to me to spend another $50 and get a box that can also play 4k discs.  Thanks!

Jdiesel

I don't have an answer for you but I interested in finding out myself. I know that Atmos support was added but don't know if it only applies to Bluray disks or is available for apps too.

Deathsquirrel

Xbox one definitely does not bitstream these formats except from disc.  Maybe the S does, can't say as I don't have one.

chef

I'm currently going to throw my Xbox one in the garbage.

The theater is broken in it (which I believe to be a console issue not emby)

It doesn't play anything natively for audio (only ac3 and AAC)

It is completely a worthless console to try and do anything with except play Grand Theft Auto 5.

I was a really big advocate for Xbox one, but now I would like people to know it is not (in anyway) an all in one living room client as previously marketed by Microsoft.

You can do better ;)

• 2 months later...