My boxsets no longer showing movies

braddles69

braddles69

Hi, I am on the latest releases of beta for MB3 server and classic, and just realised yesterday, that my boxsets collection are no longer showing the movies within each folder.

This used to be okay, and since I haven't checked for about a month am unsure when it changed.

My structure is \\server\boxsets\alien\alien 3 (shortcut)

\aliens (shortcut) etc

all shortcuts point to the general location of my movies ie \server\movies\alien 3

when I first implemented the boxset structure I found the collection.xml generated by MCM interfered in the MB3 scan so that I could see the top tier folder with images but it showed as empty for actual movies (the shortcuts). I removed all the collection.xml's and the scans worked fine.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to solving this? Is there a new structure I should be using etc?

Thanks in advance

Brad

• Like 1

what do you see in the web client? can you post a screenshot of an example?

Does your path have this

\\server\boxsets\alien [boxset]

You either need [boxset] or you need a collection.xml inside the folder in order to be considered a boxset.

Also, in your media folder setup, what folder type is this configured as?

braddles69

Thanks for the reply luke, see screenshot of 2001 boxset

530be6aba88cb_boxset1.png

(I renamed to 2001 & 2010 [boxset]), it now shows as collection under type but shows 0 movies, while my others I have yet to rename show simply as a folder.530be72016f63_Untitled.png

In the media folder setup the whole collection is configured as a collection type. I should add this is the first time I have seen coverart treat the initial folder with a "boxset" label on the side of the image, has up until now been a "H264" generic from the movies inside I believe. My folder structure is as you stated \server\boxsets\2001 & 2010 [boxset]

Thanks again for the quick reply and let me know if I need to give you anything else. I have only changed the 2001 & 2010 folder to boxset whilst the others have remained the same for testing purposes.

Brad

Edited by braddles69

is \server\movies\ also part of your library? the path in the shortcut file must exactly match a movie path in your library.

TheWorkz

I am also experiencing the same problem since the latest server update with my Boxsets. I've gone through and double-checked all my link paths are UNC paths and have access.

Mine are setup like

\\192.168.x.x\videos\Movies [boxsets]\Aliens Collection [boxset]\

alien 3 (shortcut)

Colleciton.xml

folder.jpg

etc...

Edited by TheWorkz

braddles69

okay but having trouble capturing the whole screen as my library is quite extensive, here shows the boxsets in their order

530bfe6ea7360_mediapaths.png

I wonder if it's just boxset shortcuts that stopped working? All my boxsets are displaying properly, except for Iron Man. It should show (and did previously) Iron Man 1, 2, 3, and 3 (3D). The 3D version is the only one that uses a UNC shortcut, and that movie is not appearing now. The non-3D versions (not shortcuts) are all 3 listing correctly.

Yep it seems to be only shortcuts, although with mine shortcuts for any folder with a DVD in it is still showing up. Have tried a symlink and that fixes the problem, but symlinks are a bugger if you have a few to do. So if this isn't going to be a long term problem I might wait a bit first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by circuit

I see the same thing happening, some boxset are missing one or more movies. I checked the shortcuts (made by the automatic boxsets plugin) and for the ones that are missing the files in the shortlink file are missing:

A present boxset member has:

\\server\videos\cars (2006)\cars.mp4

In it's link file and a missing boxset member only has:

\\server\videos\cars 2 (2011)

In it's link file.

In my situation I can fix it by deleting the link files and have the plugin rescan for boxsets.

Hi, thank you for your work.

I did upgrade the server

After that, the movies which are in my boxsets are no longer shown in the correct order as before the upgrade took place.

This happens only in mbc, whilst in mbt everything is perfect.

Just to let you know.

I like you very much.

Apologise for my english.

:)  :)

@@ebr,

Ok, I see your point. Will wait and see what you guys will come up with.

I was merely trying to understand and to be honest, it's not a biggy (can do manual adjustments in the autoboxset folders anyway)

Thanks for the explanation though.

That has to do with the plug-in and how it creates it's links.  It was a design decision to not show multiple copies of the same film in the set.  Unfortunately, it isn't an easy decision to change because the file we create is named as the name of the film so this would have to change which means all current ones wouldn't work which means there would have to be some sort of migration.

We are about to look at enhancing our support for sets in the core and this may change how this plug-in works completely so I'm holding off on any changes until we finish the core work.

Just installed the new server update and it appears to be picking up all my movies again :D, haven't time to check them all yet but haven't found any missing.

Thanks for the quick fix guys.

TheWorkz

Just installed the new server update and it appears to be picking up all my movies again :D, haven't time to check them all yet but haven't found any missing.

Thanks for the quick fix guys.

Ditto!! Positive results since latest server update. Thanks!

Don't know if this can be considered a hijack of the post, but I'll do it anyway :P

I have an issue with the controll over the content of the boxsets (using AutoBoxSets).

Let me explain:

I have both movies (in collection/library "movies") and offline (containing offline DVD's)

In some instances I have the same film twice (one in my DVD collection and one on my harddrive).

When the auto boxset is created the (offline) DVD is picked and the harddrive one is omitted.

I would like to either see both within the boxset or be able to choose from which library collection the boxsets are being generated.

braddles69

Thanks Luke, after the upgrade I see my boxset movies (the shortcuts) again, however the server continues to take 3-4 minutes to load each time I start the HTPC.

This shouldn't be the case should it with core i5 2400, 8 gb Ram, win x64?

server log is as per https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFeWJ5cmJIaWNHZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

also   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFQ0ROT3JnX0JydTA/edit?usp=sharing

can you check if there is anything standing out as a problem?

Thanks again.

Cheers

Thanks Luke, after the upgrade I see my boxset movies (the shortcuts) again, however the server continues to take 3-4 minutes to load each time I start the HTPC.

This shouldn't be the case should it with core i5 2400, 8 gb Ram, win x64?

server log is as per https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFeWJ5cmJIaWNHZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

also   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFQ0ROT3JnX0JydTA/edit?usp=sharing

can you check if there is anything standing out as a problem?

Thanks again.

Cheers

The server logs don't really corroborate that. first one took 1.5 mins to finish the startup scan, the next one 56 seconds.

braddles69

Okay thanks for that, when I start the machine I get the server loading screen with the green bar, that takes approx 1.5 mins to get to about 90% complete...then it hangs there for another 2 -2.5 mins, meaning any attempt to log into MBC from WMC is denied due to server not running on local host error.

Looking at the logs (and I don't really know what I am looking at;)) is there anything to do with this

"2014-03-01 10:18:46.3289 Error - App: Error reported by Mono.Nat: 
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)
  at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)
  at Mono.Nat.NatUtility.Receive(ISearcher searcher, List`1 clients)

at Mono.Nat.NatUtility.SearchAndListen() "

It seems to occur quite often.

Just asking to try and understand why this hang is occurring...it never used to and my office PC doesn't experience this at all...it loads the server in about 40 secs flat (pointing to the same NAS), same rough config but SSD's are different (Samsung v OCZ).

Thanks again for your patience