AudioBook doesn't inherit IHasLookupInfo?

Inrego

Inrego

Hey.

I'm developing a plugin for some improvements for AudioBooks, along with an app to listen.

In that regard, I would like to grab metadata for books, and I tried using IRemoteMetadataProvider.

However, it doesn't seem possible. When inheriting from IRemoteMetadataProvider<Book, BookInfo>, it's simply not called for metadata on AudioBooks. And I am not able to use AudioBook parameter instead of Book, since it doesn't implement IHasLookupInfo.

Is there any way to implement a metadata grabber for AudioBooks? If so, how do I go about it?

Possibly, should I implement my own media type in the likes of public class MyAudioBook : AudioBook, IHasLookupInfo ?

For audio books it would currently be , although that probably needs review. But that's what it is today.

You don't create your own type. You just implement the remote metadata provider interface like you are.

Inrego

Hi again.

My bad for not spotting that. However, when I try with this, it seems my plugin is not called when I refresh metadata? I tried the following (just to see what kind of values I have to work with), but nothing is written to the log

public async Task<IEnumerable<RemoteSearchResult>> GetSearchResults(SongInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    {
        _logger.Info("[EmBook] Searching for: " + _jsonSerializer.SerializeToString(searchInfo));
        return new RemoteSearchResult[0];
    }

public Task<MetadataResult<AudioBook>> GetMetadata(SongInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    {
        _logger.Info("[EmBook] Getting for: " + _jsonSerializer.SerializeToString(info));
        return null;
    }

Inrego

Can you elaborate? I've tried the following:

On the following screen, I clicked the 3 dots and "Refresh Metadata".

5991e7a296708_Capture.png

I also tried refreshing metadata on it's parent (folder)