Live TV Channel Logos Corrupted

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

I have just done a complete fresh install using the latest emby server (3.2.27) on Windows 10.

Some of the Live TV logos look corrupted (see attached).

All the logos are .png format and appear fine when viewing them standalone or in Kodi.

The TV backend is DVBLink.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

post-3832-0-01681600-1502703643_thumb.png

QDivision

zip is attached.

The other weird thing I've noticed is that some of them have picked the completely wrong logo. see attached screenshots.

Should I try clearing them in cache and refreshing guide data?

logos.zip

post-3832-0-54981600-1502827845_thumb.png

post-3832-0-54294100-1502827850_thumb.png

post-3832-0-96826300-1502827857_thumb.png

I assume the logo's are coming from DVBLink? In that application the logo's are OK?

Can you maybe also add your logs from the server?

QDivision

Just cleared the logs and done a guide refresh (log attached). doesn't look like it has any details on getting the images.

Edited by thomasorr

QDivision

Yes they are coming from dvblink and they are fine in there. They are also fine in Kodi which is linked to dvblink.

Those logos are all rendering OK for me but I'm still going to try and dig a bit deeper into this.

As far as the wrong logos appearing, that would be something to take up with the developer of the dvblink plugin.

QDivision

I've been doing some experimenting and found that the corruption happens when the jpeg image gets converted to webp (the original png files re converted to jpeg by emby successfully).

The bug seems to be a common issue and happens when a zero padding is missed out on odd size images (depending on what library you're using to make the webp images)

Hope this helps fix the issue.

QDivision

The original logos are in png format, when emby discovers them I can see them getting converted to jpeg format and stored in %emby-data-path%\metadata\livetv\%random-string%\poster.jpg

They are not corrupted here but when I look in %emby-data-path%\cache\images\resized-images\%prefix%\%random-string-file-name.webp% the images in question are corrupted when I view them directly.

What do you mean by discovers them? When are they being converted to jpg? Are you supplying these images yourself manually or is the plugin doing it?

QDivision

Starting with a clean installation with only DVBLink plugin installed, I select the option to use server logos in the plugin settings. Then when I press refresh guide I can see the logos being populated in the metadata folder as previously said but in jpeg format (they are in png format in the DVBLink logo folder), so either emby or the plugin has converted them. These logos are fine and there is no corruption. Then when I go to the web Live TV dashboard under the channels section the cache folder fills up with the .webp format logos and this is when some of them get corrupted.

I think the plugin is reporting to the server that they are jpg and that might be the root of the issue. Either that or it is not reporting the image format at all.

Nonetheless I would still expect side effects as a result of that, because we save a png as jpg and then that will affect the way image processing libraries interpret it.