How do I remove watched indicator?

MrKazador

CBers

In the details page of the item, press/click the TICK.

It toggles between watched and unwatched.

MrKazador

In the details page of the item, press/click the TICK.

It toggles between watched and unwatched.

but if you watch it the the check mark comes back.

CBers

but if you watch it the the check mark comes back.

Correct.

Why do you want it permanently marked unwatched?

Not sure you can, unless you mark it as such after each view.

Luke? @@ebr?

He just wants to hide the indicator.  I don't believe there is a setting for this in any of the apps except Emby for Media Center.

MrKazador

Was there ever a setting for this? I remember having this disabled. I want it disabled because it looks nicer.

Edited by MrKazador

nomatches4mikey

Agreed, it looks nicer without the check box.  I've seen almost every movie in my library, I don't need a check box on them all.  If I want to see a list of movies I haven't seen, I'll use the filter option.  MCE had an option to put an indicator on New items, that would be arguably better than marking the viewed ones.

• Like 2

MndWrp

The indicator is a bit bothersome in a few cases where it actually overlaps a logo or something... an option to remove it while keeping the watched status seems a good idea to me.

Or maybe have a few options on how to display it... bigger, smaller, transparent? or even have it outside the poster (in the poster/thumb card real estate)

That could also apply to that litte blue number indicating how many versions of the movie there is.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by MndWrp
  • Like 1

joshhuggins

Would love to ditch the watched check mark too. Just distracting from my pretty movie folder art :) Makes sense for New itemsfor those using TV stuff though like back on MB/MCE.

This is available as "Use Media Indicators" in the blue neon roku app. This removes both the watched indicator and the in-progress line from appearing. This feature was also present in the old official roku app. When the new roku app appeared the feature wasn't ported over.

• 1 month later...
Polygon

I would love to see an option to disable the watched indicator as well. It would make for a much cleaner look. At the very least, a less obtrusive one would be nice. However, the progress indicator is nice to have.

• 1 year later...
MrSerendipity

Was this feature ever added? Thinking about making the switch over from Plex but I'm really particular about the appearance of my library and the huge check marks on everything are throwing me off.

We do not have any settings for this, but for the next release we have removed them from series and season folders. Thanks.

We do not have any settings for this, but for the next release we have removed them from series and season folders. Thanks.

This already happened in ET some days ago, right?

It's already driving me nuts, that the indicator is gone, I was looking all around, what I have changed. How can I get it back?

Ciao, Alfred

This already happened in ET some days ago, right?

It's already driving me nuts, that the indicator is gone, I was looking all around, what I have changed. How can I get it back?

Ciao, Alfred

Hi can you please explain why you want it back?

Isn't what you care about whether or not there are any unwatched contents and isn't that what is highlighted now?

Hi can you please explain why you want it back?

Isn't what you care about whether or not there are any unwatched contents and isn't that what is highlighted now?

I think, when I enter a series folder, it's much clearer to see which series/seasons are already watched, when there is the checkmark.

Now I have the posters with the unseen counters or without any mark, but these are pretty discreet. It was much more noticeable, which has already been seen with the checkmark.

Also, it's pretty inconsistent!

On movies and episodes, I have a checkmark when watched and no indicator if not, but on series/seasons there's an indicator for unwatched and no indicator for watched?!

So if I browse a series folder, I see indicators on unwatched series, browsing a movies folder, I have indicators on watched movies.

How about mixed content?

Will I see no indicators on unwatched movies/watched series, so I will not know, if it is a series I have watched or a movie I have not watched?

Following this logic there should be a "1" on unwatched movies/episodes and no indicator if watched, which would be pretty stupid.

So, please give back the watched indicator or make it at least an option to hide it.

You guys should really stop making such changes without announcement and give the user at least an option, to configure it, as he likes it.

AFAIR on Emby for WMC it was configurable to have these indicators or not.

Ciao, Alfred

Calling attention to both watched and unwatched content basically means we are calling attention to nothing because everything has an indicator of some sort.

At a glance (once you are used to the lack of indicator) the display should be much cleaner and clearer now.  Instead of highlighting items you are finished with, we highlight the items you actually want to deal with - the ones with unwatched content.

Now, it is true that we take the opposite approach to individual items (not specifically movies) and call attention to the ones you've watched instead of the ones you've yet to watch.  You can make a case that we should probably do the same there but that would be such a large change that we haven't attempted it at this time.

Certainly possible we could have some display options for all of this in the future.

MrSerendipity

Calling attention to both watched and unwatched content basically means we are calling attention to nothing because everything has an indicator of some sort.

At a glance (once you are used to the lack of indicator) the display should be much cleaner and clearer now.  Instead of highlighting items you are finished with, we highlight the items you actually want to deal with - the ones with unwatched content.

Now, it is true that we take the opposite approach to individual items (not specifically movies) and call attention to the ones you've watched instead of the ones you've yet to watch.  You can make a case that we should probably do the same there but that would be such a large change that we haven't attempted it at this time.

Certainly possible we could have some display options for all of this in the future.

I do hope that you will take this into consideration. At the least, flip movies to only being marked when they're unwatched. As somebody who is contemplating making the jump from Plex, this really is one of those small petty things that makes a difference to me. I want my library to be as clean and clutter free as possible.

• 1 month later...
willwars

So unclear, was this added? Transitioning from Plex here and love everything the way things are presented is huge for movie collectors. So I do prefer that my watch content is clean and things that haven't been watched show an indicator (Movies and TV) 

Maybe changing the circle to be much smaller and fully shaded in instead of a check could be a good indicator that it hasn't been watched. 

Keep up the good work!

Edited by willwars

• 1 year later...
Spaceboy

I doubt it that it’s hard, more just that it’s only wanted by a very few