Unable to launch "media browser 3"

mattpwill
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Okay, I just added Stuff you should know and got 628 podcasts.  I'll watch it for a couple days and see if it goes wonky.

mattpwill

I've installed Media Browser Server onto my laptop and have added all the feeds and will watch them too using web client.

The Stuff You Should Know feed doesn't update frequently enough for you to notice it going bad in a couple of days.

Also, the problem happens with all the feeds as far as I can tell, but I will watch carefully and report back

Edited by mattpwill

I have replicated a version of your issue.  I've got one podcast that appears to find everything in the log but only shows a sub-set in the interface.  I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

• Solution

Okay, try replacing your podcasts.dll with this one.  Then re-start the server, force the podcast update to run and see if everything is there.

• Like 1

mattpwill

That seems to have done the trick, I'll keep an eye out if it messes up again. Thank you!

Could it be possible to include the date or day of the latest podcast for each feed on the main podcasts screen in Media Browser Classic to save you from needing to click on each feed to see if there's a new podcast?

The recent list for the main podcasts entry on the EHS should show any new content for each podcast.

There really isn't a way to do exactly what you ask as MBC themes don't know they are looking at podcasts.  They just show items within whatever folder you select.  So, showing the date of the newest content would need to be a request for a particular theme and/or view, would cover all items as opposed to just podcasts and would need to be worked into the design of that view.

mattpwill

I'm 99% sure that it's fixed since replacing podcasts.dll - updates now work as they should. Thank you