Unable to launch "media browser 3"

mattpwill
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Examining the feed itself I found an invalid length attribute in it.  The following needs to be an integer:

length="3135,813"

Tried that and still wont launch.

Tried what?  And what won't launch?

As I said a couple posts up, that feed is not going to work due to a bad data field in it.

mattpwill

Before the Media Browser Server update the podcast worked fine, that's the strange thing. Is there a way of me installing an old Server version to see if it then works?

Not really.  The timing is probably coincidental anyway.  Since the issue is bad data it probably came about when the bad data hit the feed.

mattpwill

I just noticed that I have a problem with the podcasts not updating properly. It doesn't seem to add new podcasts, although it gives no error when refreshing them in scheduled tasks

On my iPhone in any podcast app it shows new podcasts, but Media Browser Server doesn't seem to show them in MBC or the web client. The problem appears to have begun on February 27th, with the last podcasts being shown are dated February 26th. This coincides with the Server update

mattpwill

Re-entering my supporter key seems to have done the trick *fingers crossed*

Edit - Strangely only some of them have updated to the latest podcast

Edited by mattpwill

mattpwill

I'm still having lots of problems with podcasts. It's strange because sometimes it shows them all but sometimes it only shows a couple and sometimes it doesn't show the latest, and it seems to vary. I wish there was a way of reverting back to the old plugin (and server if that was part of the cause) because it was working perfectly

mattpwill

I fixed it, I did a complete uninstall of Server including all data and settings and reinstalled it and it works like it used to again.

I'd like to make one suggestion though - could it be possible to include the date or day of the latest podcast for each feed on the main podcasts screen in Media Browser Classic to save you from needing to click on each feed to see if there's a new podcast?

Thanks!

mattpwill

I might have been a bit premature to say it's fixed, it just updated a podcast but the rest of the podcasts in the feed disappeared just leaving that one. Do you know what might be causing this very annoying problem?

Edit - just to clarify, this was part of the problem I was experiencing before as well. Reinstalling appeared to fix everything, but cracks are appearing again. It occurs still in both MBC and the web client

Edit 2 - After refreshing podcasts again the new podcast has now disappeared but the rest in that feed are back, this is what happened before as well. Please help. I'd also like to add that the Dr Karl podcast I originally had problems with at the beginning of the thread is fully working again since the complete uninstall and reinstall of Server

Edited by mattpwill

mattpwill

Attached is a Server log. In the Stuff You Should Know feed it only shows the new podcast, How Skateboarding Works and none of the others in MBC/web client. In A Bit Of A Chat With Ken Plume it doesn't show the latest called "Terry Gilliam" but it shows all the rest but it was just showing the Terry Gilliam and none of the others before (I started the log after this change happened though so it might not give a clue there)

Thanks for your help

server-63530143036.zip

I can't see anything wrong on the server side.  It looks like it is finding all the podcasts and not generating any errors.

Maybe some screen shots of what you are seeing in the clients would help.

mattpwill

Attached is an image of what it shows in the web client for the Stuff You Should Know feed. It should be showing all the podcasts in the feed but it only shows the latest one ever since it added it

post-2120-0-23391600-1394554638_thumb.jpg

That is an audio only podcast?  Is it exactly the same in MBC?

I only saw three podcasts in the log that appeared to belong to that one.

Are there any parental controls in play here?

mattpwill

I'm not 100% sure that the podcast refreshes in the log covered the Stuff You Should Know feed going bad, but I know it wouldn't have caught the A Bit Of A Chat With Ken Plume going bad.

I can wait for another podcast to be added and it going bad then post the log that certainly covers it if this would help