HDHomeRun live TV failed to tune

tre4b

This has been a problem for me for sometime. I've not pinned it down though until today. The Emby server will occasionally stop delivering live TV. If I reboot the server it then works until the next time.

Today I realised this happens every time I tune to a channel that fails. For example if I try to tune to BBC3 or 4 during the day when it is not broadcasting. Does this sound like anything seen before? If it is worth investigating I will clear logs, recreate, and post. Hopefully it is something I've configured wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might have the same problem. HDHR4-2DT on the local LAN. If I restart Emby Server, it all works ok. After an undetermined period of time though, you click a channel in the guide (I haven't determined if it's a channel it can't tune to), and the circle just spins, though on the admin console, one of the tuners will show as 'watching', which I can't clear unless I restart Emby. I know the tuners are working though, because the HDHR View app tunes straight away with no problem. Trying to tune to another 'good' channel before a restart doesn't work.

This has been validated in Emby Web, Emby Theater and Emby for Roku. My HDHR is now running the latest 20170815 firmware, but the same happened on the older 20161118 one too.