M3U tuner for internet clients

lifespeed

lifespeed

If I recall correctly, M3U tuners are not available to clients that are not on the local network.  I can't play IPTV from a remote web browser or Android Mobile client.  Perhaps this makes sense; why would one stream to the server, only to send it out again over the internet doubling bandwidth consumption.

However, if that is the case (and I admit my understanding may not be clear), shouldn't the server provide the URL to the client so it may stream directly from the internet source without unnecessary re-routing?

If I recall correctly, M3U tuners are not available to clients that are not on the local network.  I can't play IPTV from a remote web browser or Android Mobile client.  Perhaps this makes sense; why would one stream to the server, only to send it out again over the internet doubling bandwidth consumption.

However, if that is the case (and I admit my understanding may not be clear), shouldn't the server provide the URL to the client so it may stream directly from the internet source without unnecessary re-routing?

This is not true. You can play from any app.

lifespeed

This is not true. You can play from any app.

I guess I'll post a log when I get home.  Just get the spinning circle when clients outside my home network try to play an IPTV channel.  Silicondust tuner works fine, though.

Spaceboy

From my experience and I think maegibbons has mentioned this, Emby always plays iptv direct from source unless you force transcoding or watch a recorded stream

From my experience and I think maegibbons has mentioned this, Emby always plays iptv direct from source unless you force transcoding or watch a recorded stream

Browser yes, but not the store apps.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Still would like the option to share the incoming stream "always" that incoming bandwidth can be reduced and not doubled with second stream.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1