Use Thumb/landscape instead of fanart?

heciruam

heciruam

Hello guys,

Is it possible to use the Thumb/Landscape picture on the Homescreen view instead of the fanart.?

I run all my media through Mediaelch and I always made sure the Thumb/Landscape had the name of the movie/tvshow in it, but it seems that Emby Theater alweays uses the fanart and then puts the title somewhere as a subtitle. I'd prefer it if it did it like the browser version. Is there a setting that changes that?

cheers

Edited by heciruam

heciruam

So at the TV shows for example I get the thumb picture for continue watching. But the left picture thats changing always uses the fanart. Both are GoT and you can see the difference since it is one show. I'd prefer if Emby theater for windows would use the Thumb picture if it exists and doesnt show a "title" just the thumb picture. Same thing for movies.

On the Amazon Fire TV, which I also use it doesnt display the fanart as thumbs on the "homescreen"

598d3f9776d59_Screenshot8_LI.jpg598d3f5d5b189_Screenshot7_LI.jpg

Edited by heciruam

Ok yes the spotlight is actually by design. Thumbs are usually 500px wide. Displaying them at a larger size will cause them to not look good, so that's why the backdrop is used.

heciruam

Is there a way to change that? Maybe to show a bunch of posters instead or anything else? 

I dont like the look of just fanart.

Edited by heciruam