Remote download for offline viewing not working

revengineer

Same issue. Tried on Samsung Note 3 running 5.0, Samsung Tab E 8.0 running 6.0 and Samsung S8+ running 7.0. All have same issue. Media converts and then holds at "ready to transfer". Does this for every file type I throw at it. Server and Android apps all up to date.

revengineer

The Android app beta refreshed yesterday, but the issue remains. I see the same SyncJob error message as previously posted. Too bad, I thought I could download a movie for my flight home. 

revengineer

Another beta has shown up and I thought I check again whether the pending movie has transferred. It has not and still shows as "Ready to transfer". I see the error message below, which appears to be related.

I am not even sure whether these updates were supposed to address this issue. If you could let me know what the plans regarding this problem are going forward that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2017-09-10 09:12:17.193 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.50:8096/emby/Sync/Jobs?TargetId=c1f796b6bac2f7e2. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; XT1095 Build/KXE21.187-42) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/33.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36
2017-09-10 09:12:17.196 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.70. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.1.50:8096/emby/Sync/Jobs?TargetId=c1f796b6bac2f7e2 
2017-09-10 09:12:37.976 Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: The header part of a frame cannot be read from the data source.

revengineer

I should add, while I have always had trouble with syncing remotely, this used to work at least on my home network. But since I have started this thread, the syncing on home network no longer works.  It looks like I am not the only one with this issue. Have those logs shown anything?

Hi I'm experiencing the same issue. Everything used to work fine but now all the downloads just say "Ready to Transfer" and never do! Server version is 3.2.30.0 and the app 2.9.53. When I click on the "Sync" section in the app it reads "No Downloads found. Create download jobs using the download buttons found throughout the app", however from the server side it shows as "Ready to Transfer.

jabadabado

Hi,

Any solutioun to this ? I have the same problem on a few of my devices. I am running Emby server version 3.2.30 on windows 10 and Emby for Android Version 2.9.53 on my devices

Sony Experia with Android 6.0.1 Working 
Lenovo TAB 3 A7 with android 5.0.1 Working
Asus Zenphone 3 Max with Android 7.1.1 Not Working
Samsung Tab 2 8" with Android 4.4.2 not working
 59b8fdd1b0fa4_2017091311_42_27DownloadSy

server-63640898738.txt

Any update on this?

Still broken.

I've also noticed they removed the option to push a download to another device. Oddly, Emby removes it and the competitor adds it.

revengineer

Luke,

I happened to be overseas to test the new android version, and I can confirm that the movies are now transferring to my phone for the first time. Nicely done, thank you!

With a little bit more detail, the wireless connection I was using must have been overloaded and I had to restart my VPN connection to my home several times. It seemed that the movie download had to restart every time rather than just resume. The download eventually completed overnight. If my observation is correct, it would be nice to have these downloads resume rather than restart. (With sucking data over hotel networks, every MB is valuable :-) ) Is this possible with a small effort?

iamspartacus

Hey @@Luke, just putting a placeholder here.  I sent you a PM of my Android log.  Some files download fine and some never finish.  The log I sent is the of one that never finishes.

Your downloads are trying but failing due to an ssl error. It looks like the device might be rejecting your ssl cert.

It starts by trying to connect to your local lan address, which times out, then it switches to the wan address, and that appears to connect but throws an ssl exception.