Plugin fails to sync with server

nicoco007

nicoco007

I've been trying to set up Emby for Kodi on a few devices and it doesn't seem to work. Here's the steps I've been taking:

• Install Emby for Kodi (tried stable release, beta & latest Git commit): Installs properly
  • Try to select server: Clicking on the server name doesn't work, I get this error in the log:
    09:11:33.392 T:9140   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                 - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                                Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)
                                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "C:\Users\Nicolas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\dialogs\serverconnect.py", line 112, in onAction
                                                    if self._connect_server(selected_id):
                                                  File "C:\Users\Nicolas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\dialogs\serverconnect.py", line 133, in _connect_server
                                                    self.message.setLabel("%s %s..." % (lang(30610), server['Name']))
                                                UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)
                                                -->End of Python script error report<--

• Manual connection: seems to work, I enter my computer's IP, it detects users properly, and I can put my password in, but nothing happens after that. This error pops up in the log:
    09:12:49.135 T:9140  NOTICE: EMBY.service -> ERROR:: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)

• Try manual sync through Emby settings: says "Manual sync completed in 00:00:00" and this error shows up in the log:
    09:13:53.279 T:10532 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(10, C:\Users\Nicolas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\Nicolas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon
    09:13:53.288 T:13328   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=manualsync
    09:13:53.289 T:13328   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?mode=manualsync) failed

The full log is attached to this post. These errors appear in Kodi on my Windows PC and my Android phone. I am running Kodi 17.3 on both of those. Any ideas on what's going on?

Edited by Angelblue05

@@Luke

How is the user allowed to use special characters in the server name? I thought it was not allowed?

It is pretty flexible. Do we know what character is causing a problem? 

@nicooco007 - what is your emby server display name as seen at the top of the emby server dashboard? thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, good to know. I thought it was restricted to only ascii characters.

His server name is Serveur multimédia

I can correct it on my side.

Thanks, and yea for an accent character like that, it would be preferable to be able to handle it. Thanks.

Angelblue05

@@nicoco007

Can you give this build a try? Please let me know if it resolves the issue. Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

nicoco007

@@nicoco007

Can you give this build a try? Please let me know if it resolves the issue. Thanks

My main computer's motherboard is going through RMA right now so I'll set up a quick Emby server as soon as I can with the same name, see what happens, and get back to you.

Edited by nicoco007
  • Like 1

nicoco007

If it doesn't work, please post an updated Kodi log, thank you :)

Just tried it. I can now select the server using its name in the list that pops up when Kodi is first started and I can select my user but nothing happens afterwards. The same error appears in the log, but it's thrown from a different spot in the code.

Edited by nicoco007

Angelblue05

If it doesn't work, please post an updated Kodi log, thank you :)

Please post your updated Kodi log, thank you.

nicoco007

Please post your updated Kodi log, thank you.

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I forgot to press the "Attach this file" button after selecting it...

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1