API: allow duration to be supplied for strm files (to allow resume)

horstepipe

Angelblue05

You mean a log from the refresh process or from playback afterwards?

A log of the playback after you've refreshed the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horstepipe

Ok will do it soon, but I’m absolutely sure that this won’t change anything, as I did it multiple times for other purposes before.

jinxy88

"Also when an external srt subtitle is selected before play, Emby theater never plays the srt and sometimes it plays the default embedded subtitle track instead."

Exactly the same thing happens to me aswell, but didnt describe it like you did @@Senna

@

Angelblue05 any news about this too?

Angelblue05

Ok will do it soon, but I’m absolutely sure that this won’t change anything, as I did it multiple times for other purposes before.

@@Luke

Any idea what would be causing this? The server returns the container as mkv even if it's a strm. The filename is The Secret Man.1080p.dca.mkv.strm

horstepipe

Here it is, refreshed the movie and playing it back in Kodi, no changes unfortunately.

Angelblue05

Here it is, refreshed the movie and playing it back in Kodi, no changes unfortunately.

Yeah, I guess we'll wait on what Luke says. I'm not familiar with how the server works. If we can fix this, then we are one step closer to getting this to work.

horstepipe

Okay,

this is how the content of my strm files look like if it helps:

https://url/default.py?mode=video&filename=xxx

@@Luke just caught my eye that since v3.3.1.5 .nfo files are being created in my media folders, although I have the option to save metadata within media folders disabled. Is this a requirement for the new strm file features?

• Like 1

ddurdle

Yeah, I guess we'll wait on what Luke says. I'm not familiar with how the server works. If we can fix this, then we are one step closer to getting this to work.

Horstepipe is using direct stream passthrough so if he plays playsback a strm pointing to a mkv file on a http server, it will receive back a MKV file but I think the http server will deliver back an application/octet-stream type (and not video/x-matroska).  I'll double check this, but I think Google returns an application type video/* for everything except MKV.  KODI itself does not have issues playing back the same stream via a STRM file.

His issue only happens when he's playing back in Emby for KODI.

Edited by ddurdle

Angelblue05

Sorry what do you need to know?

When we use the server to get playback info for strm, the container key says mkv instead of strm. We tried refreshing the entry but it won't budge. I'm not sure how to detect the strm otherwise. The filename ends with mkv.strm

ddurdle

When we use the server to get playback info for strm, the container key says mkv instead of strm. We tried refreshing the entry but it won't budge. I'm not sure how to detect the strm otherwise. The filename ends with mkv.strm

Would it make more sense to insist the strm files are named without mkv, such as "title (year).strm"?  

horstepipe

KODI itself does not have issues playing back the same stream via a STRM file.

His issue only happens when he's playing back in Emby for KODI.

That's correct

Sorry what do you need to know?

Basically why it doesn't work in Emby for Kodi but in Kodi :-)

horstepipe

Would it make more sense to insist the strm files are named without mkv, such as "title (year).strm"?  

just tried to remove the mkv part from one of my strm file names and the problem persists, refreshed it in Emby server and the problem persists.

Angelblue05

Why do you need to know that it's a strm?

The add-on sends the strm path directly to Kodi. I have strm file and the container returned is strm...

Angelblue05

just tried to remove the mkv part from one of my strm file names and the problem persists, refreshed it in Emby server and the problem persists.

Ok guys, I cannot keep doing this. Please post your Kodi log. You say the problem persists, but now it might be for different reasons, so stop wasting time, post your log to help get this move along and cut the useless back and forth. I would really appreciate it. I say that with all the love in the world [emoji4]I just would really like to get this resolved in a timely manner.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

horstepipe

Ok guys, I cannot keep doing this. Please post your Kodi log. You say the problem persists, but now it might be for different reasons, so stop wasting time, post your log to help get this move along and cut the useless back and forth. I would really appreciate it. I say that with all the love in the world [emoji4]I just would really like to get this resolved in a timely manner.

Sorry :-)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Is this happening because I'm using PlaybackInfo from the server? If so then I can probably figure out a way to adjust to it. Maybe looking at the original item for that particular thing.

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

Can you try this build, I don't think it will fix the issue but it should hopefully get further. Please provide a new Kodi log in that event. Thank you

Works like a charm. Thank you very much!!!

(doesn't matter whether the strm name ends with *.mkv.strm or *.strm

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thank you for reporting back. I'm so happy to hear that it works :)

Angelblue05

@Angelblue05 maybe u guys can also check the external subtitles problem please??

Can you refresh my memory? Is this an issue with Emby for Kodi or does it happen with all players? (Webclient is good to quickly validate).