Emby or Kodi causing crash?

mattyg8

Angelblue05

Please enable Kodi debug (Kodi settings > system > debug logging... I think?). I see 18:39:36.493 T:3908   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file

I don't see what's triggering this, thanks

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm not convinced it's Emby for Kodi, as none of the usual log line appear. Do you mind testing disabling Emby for Kodi, it may lag out Kodi. Don't worry about it, just start Kodi and Emby for Kodi will be disabled. Let me know if the crash still happens.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Which version of Kodi are you running? This sounds like the GUI lock bug that I discovered a while ago. This is fixed in Kodi 18 but it will also be backported to 17.4. You may want to give a nightly build of 17.4 a try to see if that fixes the issue

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 2

mattyg8

I reinstalled everything and seems to have no issue so far. I am running 17.3

If I get the issue again ill try 17.4

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, I don't see how however... Something is triggering the Kodi monitor playing. But nothing is playing. So you get the error. I'm looking to add an extra check, but something is definitely broke in Kodi, widgets overlay triggers on play.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, well there's no longer any errors in your log that's thrown by emby for kodi.

So most likely what marcelveldt said applies here, just a bug in Kodi.

Which version of Kodi are you running? This sounds like the GUI lock bug that I discovered a while ago. This is fixed in Kodi 18 but it will also be backported to 17.4. You may want to give a nightly build of 17.4 a try to see if that fixes the issue

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 1

mattyg8

Ive tried the other titan layout screens with the same layout and dont get the issue when going into tv series.

Looks to be only with the windows 10 view that I have been using

• Like 1