Server not reading MetaBrowser .xml anymore?

Nebular Nerd

Nebular Nerd

Hi everyone,

Currently using Version 3.2.26.0 (had to revert back from Beta's that were doing weird stuff with rendering the dashboard)

Not sure if anyone else has had this by Emby seem to no longer be interested in reading my MetaBrowser .xml files that are in my Movie and TV directories, I reckon one of the last Beta's may have had a funny turn but I have some content that was all fine before but now no longer have any details and because they are not on IMDB etc... there's no online content to pick up.

Is Emby no longer reading xml's by design? Do I need to switch to .nfo's or do I need to take some drastic action with the database? Any help muchly appreciated.

Andy. :)

This format is considered legacy now. If you must have xml support then you'll need to install the Xml Metadata plugin, which going forward will be community maintained.

Instead of installing the plugin I would suggest configuring metadatabrowser to save nfo's rather than xml.

Nebular Nerd

This format is considered legacy now. If you must have xml support then you'll need to install the Xml Metadata plugin, which going forward will be community maintained.

Instead of installing the plugin I would suggest configuring metadatabrowser to save nfo's rather than xml.

Ah that would explain things, I shall install the XML plugin for the time being as my library fairly sizeable and then start to use nfo's moving forward while converting existing library items to nfo. Will I lose watched statuses while I'm doing this? If so may leave what there is at xml and only nfo new items.

Xml doesn't support holding watch status, so no. The plugin also does not support xml saving, only reading, so that is a bit of a quirk.

Nebular Nerd

Right ho, so I'll go with PLAN A, use the xml plugin to keep the existing data active, backport the library over to nfo while using nfo for new items only.

Thanks, Luke :)