[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

TheFreeMan
10 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

Then the font is still easy to read.

heh... that depends on the viewers eyes. :)

I've got a 65" TV and we sit ~10-12 feet (2-3m) away. Sadly, both our eyes are... not what they used to be. picking out shows is based on recognition of the image, not based on reading.

To be clear, I'm not complaining! I appreciate that you've picked up the skin and are keeping it up to date enough that it's usable in Omega. After using Embruary, the others just don't seem to be the same. Maybe there's another that's similar, but I'm kinda stuck in the mud, sometimes. I find what I like and stick with it as long as possible. You're enabling me to do so even longer, even if I have to squint or get out the binoculars! 🤣

Teddyknuddel

@TheFreeMan

My eyes aren't what they used to be either. I had cancer and the chemotherapy contributed to my eyes getting significantly worse. Before the treatment, I managed with the same prescription glasses for years. Now I have to have them adjusted again and again.

But maybe I've now given you an argument to buy a bigger TV😂

Don't worry, I didn't judge your answer as negative. My own main concern was to be able to utilise more of the screen area. The original Embuary may have been good for 42-inch TVs, but in my opinion it is no longer up to date, and at some point the potential of the new devices should be better utilised.

Incidentally, this skin works even better with the PlexAddon than with the EmbyAddon.

Teddyknuddel

skin.embuary2k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip

skin.embuary4k-matrix.teddyknuddel.zip

I have enlarged the font a bit. If you want to do it yourself - font.xml all lines enlarge the numbers accordingly, so 3 numbers larger. From  <size>33</size> then <size>36</size>. The XML folder is located in the addon folder skin.embuary....... 

Edited by Teddyknuddel

TheFreeMan
21 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

But maybe I've now given you an argument to buy a bigger TV

_Just_ bought a bigger TV! Don't need anything bigger - I don't want a theater-sized screen in my small living room... ;)

Incidentally, this skin works even better with the PlexAddon than with the EmbyAddon.

Since I run Emby, I don't think that will be of value, but thanks for sharing...

6 minutes ago, Teddyknuddel said:

I have enlarged the font a bit.

Sweet!!! Thank you very much! I'll get this installed and see how it goes. If necessary, I'll adjust font.xml myself (and keep a backup to drop back in for future updates).

I had cancer and the chemotherapy contributed to my eyes getting significantly worse.

I'm very sorry to hear that! I just finished chemo myself (the cause of the delays in my response to previous questions). They told me that it could cause blurred vision, but my eyes give me enough troubles that I couldn't be certain what the source was... I'm glad you've survived. I'm sure your family is too. Stay with us many more years!

TheFreeMan

Oh, and might I suggest that you tweak the addon.xml file with the

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

line since you're in there making changes?

That way, we don't all have to do it ourselves. (I don't think this will cause issues on versions prior to Omega, will it?)

Teddyknuddel
19 hours ago, TheFreeMan said:

Oh, and might I suggest that you tweak the addon.xml file with the

line since you're in there making changes?

That way, we don't all have to do it ourselves. (I don't think this will cause issues on versions prior to Omega, will it?)

Unfortunately, this entry causes compatibility problems

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b4494f60b923b187978fc8ac7327d899.png

• Sad 1

TheFreeMan
On 2/25/2024 at 9:02 AM, Teddyknuddel said:

I don't read German, but that's a bummer. I did think about that as I was posting - maybe it's an issue with prior to Omega version? I dunno.

Thanks for giving it a try, though.

I'm using the font.xml file you put in the 2k version in my 4k version (since I already had it configured as I wanted it). It's better, but still needs to be bigger for my particular situation. Now that I know what to do, I'll make some updates and will probably keep a copy of it to drop into future updates of this skin. Thanks for the pointers!

TheFreeMan

I don't know if it's a Kodi Omega, LibreELEC, Embuary, EmbyCon or some combination of the three, but I've just discovered that when I add a video directory as "just" video files, once I start playing a video, I've got no remote control over it other than "Stop". If I play a show or movie from a media library, everything works fine.

I have these videos in just a file structure, because I've got recordings of practice, qualifying & the race for various race series and it doesn't fit neatly into Emby's format - it wants to list everything in one huge "episode list" and I don't like them that way - I prefer to organize the files into race weekends so I can watch an entire F1 race weekend, then maybe jump to a Supercars weekend, then to something else.

I've done it this way for more than a decade and I've never had issues before.

When I hit play, I can't pause, I don't get automatic bookmarks when I stop, I can't jump ahead or back, fast forward/rewind don't work at all. They do work just fine in a TV show or Movie, though.

Anyone have any idea where I should start looking to figure out what's going on? I'm not blaming it on Embuary at all, but this felt like a good place to start asking...

AllesMeins

Getting Access to "Games Addons"

I've installed an addon ("moonlight") that registers itself as an "Games Addon". Under the default Kodi skin it is displayed when navigating to the Games menu. But I can't find any quick way to access it with the embuary skin. The "Games" hub only displays installed games, but no Game Addon, the Addon-Page also doesn't display Games Addons and there seems to be no way to create a custom menu entry linking to Game Addons. Currently the only way to access it seems to be via Addons -> Installed Addons -> All Addons -> Scroll down to moonlight.

Strangely while using embuary the addon is listed as a "media source" while after switching to the default skin it is listed under game addons. Any idea what embuary is doing differently and how to fix this?

Edited by AllesMeins

Teddyknuddel
12 minutes ago, AllesMeins said:

Getting Access to "Games Addons"

I've installed an addon ("moonlight") that registers itself as an "Games Addon". Under the default Kodi skin it is displayed when navigating to the Games menu. But I can't find any quick way to access it with the embuary skin. The "Games" hub only displays installed games, but no Game Addon, the Addon-Page also doesn't display Games Addons and there seems to be no way to create a custom menu entry linking to Game Addons. Currently the only way to access it seems to be via Addons -> Installed Addons -> All Addons -> Scroll down to moonlight.

Strangely while using embuary the addon is listed as a "media source" while with the default skin it is listed under game addons. Any idea what embuary is doing differently and how to fix this?

I think this menu item has never really been taken care of, or no one has needed it yet. Since I don't use Kodi for games, I can't say anything about it.

AllesMeins
17 hours ago, Teddyknuddel said:

I think this menu item has never really been taken care of, or no one has needed it yet. Since I don't use Kodi for games, I can't say anything about it.

I haven't either - until I learned recently that it is quite easy to setup Kodi so that it can stream any game from my PC. Now I enjoy playing from my couch every once in a while.

Is there a way to manually add this menu item or must it be done by the skin developer? I might be a bit optimistic, but this sounds like something that probably only needs a tweak in some config file or a new XML file or something like that. But I don't know much about Kodis Skins, so I might be completely wrong here 🙂

Grumpy1

For those who still use this there is a skin called arctic fuse that is updated almost daily on the kodi forums, it can do most of what this skin does with a little setup :)

I used and loved this skin while it was still being worked on back in the day .

Just wanted to point it out since i see people still use this

Teddyknuddel
1 hour ago, AllesMeins said:

Is there a way to manually add this menu item or must it be done by the skin developer?

I think the original developer of this skin has long since turned his back on it - I don't even think he took note of my changes. And I have no knowledge of how to install it.

quickmic
On 2/25/2024 at 3:02 PM, Teddyknuddel said:

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b4494f60b923b187978fc8ac7327d899.png

Just a small hint. Remove this line completely.

Dependency definitions are optional and should be used if it's absolutely necessary.

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr

@LukeIs there any plans to have the emby team take over maintenance / support for this kodi skin?

Teddyknuddel
28 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

@LukeIs there any plans to have the emby team take over maintenance / support for this kodi skin?

Are you seriously hoping that another construction site will be opened that will not be completed even years later?

TheFreeMan
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Just a small hint. Remove this line completely.

Dependency definitions are optional and should be used if it's absolutely necessary.

Oh? Nice! Thanks for pointing that out!

AllesMeins
On 3/6/2024 at 4:28 PM, Grumpy1 said:

For those who still use this there is a skin called arctic fuse that is updated almost daily on the kodi forums, it can do most of what this skin does with a little setup :)

Thanks for the tip - that is indeed a great skin. Ironically it has exactly the same problem I have with embuary (there seems to be no way to access the game add-ons quickly) 🙃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
TheFreeMan
On 3/6/2024 at 10:28 AM, Grumpy1 said:

Got a pointer to this? Just to make everyone's life easier?

Teddyknuddel

Since I don't use any games under Kodi (my interest in games has generally been reduced to almost zero) I can't help here.

TheFreeMan
42 minutes ago, TheFreeMan said:

Got a pointer to this? Just to make everyone's life easier?

Found it: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373859&highlight=skin+arctic+fuse

I've been having all sorts of issues getting logged into my Kodi Forums account. For some reason, I can't seem to get access via FireFox, but it works fine in Brave... 🤷‍♂️ I did have to create a new account as it still wouldn't let me log into my old one...

Edited by TheFreeMan

djon
13 hours ago, TheFreeMan said:

Found it: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373859&highlight=skin+arctic+fuse

I've been having all sorts of issues getting logged into my Kodi Forums account. For some reason, I can't seem to get access via FireFox, but it works fine in Brave... 🤷‍♂️ I did have to create a new account as it still wouldn't let me log into my old one...

Too bad it doesn't seem to be installable under Kodi Omega

TheFreeMan
11 hours ago, djon said:

Too bad it doesn't seem to be installable under Kodi Omega

If you go to the end of the thread, I found instructions to install v3.4 instead of v3.3 as linked in the 1st post. I found the 3.4 link and posted it. However, there is still an issue. It may be a simple config thing, I don't know...

Since it's supposed to be in heavy dev right now, that may get fixed in the next day or two...

TheFreeMan

I've created a favorite to a directory that I've mapped containing sporting events (since it doesn't fit into the standard episode/season format of a TV show, I don't list them as TV). I've edited the menu configuration and created an entry that goes to the favorite.

Unfortunately, it brings up the file explorer, and that lists both the video files and the thumbnail jpgs that Emby creates for them. I end up having to guess at whether I'm clicking on a jpg or mkv and get it wrong about 1/2 the time. This isn't an issue that I had previously.

How do I create the shortcut so that it takes me to a readable file listing that shows only the video files and scrolls the names of long files instead of this really tiny listing (it's almost completely unreadable on a 65" TV using the 4k version of the skin)?