[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

artstar

Not really all that strange. You have to consider that many of the contributors to these add-ons do so of their own volition, as part of a hobby or professionals who just decided to make a little improvement to Kodi that suits their needs and were kind enough to share it with the rest of us when they didn't have to. Much the same as the fine folk who took the time to work out what the unofficial fix is to get it going on Matrix and even prepackaged a fixed version for the rest of us.

I'm sure sulfared has a life outside of this place and that takes priority. :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

dkindig

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction, using Kodi on an Nvidia Shield along with Emby for Kodi and Embuary.  Shield automatically upgraded me to Matrix and I lost Embuary setup.  Downloaded zip file, modded addon.xml and copied to Kodi install.  Everything comes up properly EXCEPT the main hubs.  I've selected libraries in Emby for Kodi setup and get "Latest Movies", "Most Recently Played Songs", etc, (all widget content) but not my library hubs.

Any ideas?

Edited by dkindig

feerlessleadr
21 minutes ago, dkindig said:

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction, using Kodi on an Nvidia Shield along with Emby for Kodi and Embuary.  Shield automatically upgraded me to Matrix and I lost Embuary setup.  Downloaded zip file, modded addon.xml and copied to Kodi install.  Everything comes up properly EXCEPT the main hubs.  I've selected libraries in Emby for Kodi setup and get "Latest Movies", "Most Recently Played Songs", etc, (all widget content) but not my library hubs.

Any ideas?

I've noticed that sometimes the upgrade from leia to matrix borks embuary. Couldn't figure out, so I just renamed my kodi userdata folder, forced closed kodi on my shield, and started fresh. Everything worked fine after that.

• Like 1

dkindig
On 4/8/2021 at 11:19 PM, feerlessleadr said:

I've noticed that sometimes the upgrade from leia to matrix borks embuary. Couldn't figure out, so I just renamed my kodi userdata folder, forced closed kodi on my shield, and started fresh. Everything worked fine after that.

Thanks, feerlessleadr...

I ended up just downloading an 18.9 apk and bringing the system back up with previous version.  Until emby-next-gen gets sorted out I'm going to stick with leia.

skank
On 4/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, feerlessleadr said:

For anyone that doesn't want to make the updates, here I have attached the updated addon.xml which you can copy into your skin folder on your box and re-load kodi. 

For anyone that needs to install fresh, here is the zip with the entire skin with the modified xml already baked in, where you can just install from zip file. All I did for this was download the zip from fred's repo, add in the modified addon.xml, and re-zip. No other changes. 

I take no credit for this or the skin, just helping out fellow users. 

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please let me know and I will delete. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L4EFdrSSEoZvHMlMsbp2uZAWKsfkjt3f?usp=sharing

Ok i'm using this now with kodi matrix

However, can you guys go to addons and then reconfigure or go to the settings? I can but i just click it and see the settings, but i cant move to the parts of the addon for ex to uninstall or to disable or other buttons

Bug in this version on matrix?

Also i get an error from embruary info

Not sure if this is related here

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'datetime.timedelta' object has no attribute 'timestamp'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/plugin.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.widgets import *
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/resources/lib/widgets.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.helper import *
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/resources/lib/helper.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                       import arrow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from .api import get, now, utcnow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.arrow import TZ_EXPR, Arrow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/arrow.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                       from arrow import formatter, locales, parser, util
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/parser.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.util import next_weekday, normalize_timestamp
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/util.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.constants import (
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/constants.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                       _MAX_TIMESTAMP = datetime.max.timestamp()
                                                   AttributeError: 'datetime.timedelta' object has no attribute 'timestamp'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by skank

laola
22 hours ago, skank said:

However, can you guys go to addons and then reconfigure or go to the settings? I can but i just click it and see the settings, but i cant move to the parts of the addon for ex to uninstall or to disable or other buttons

In general I do have the same issue - however, by presssing the right buttons on the IR (or keyboard) I can manage to change setting or activate/deactivate the add-ons. 

feerlessleadr
On 4/11/2021 at 7:12 AM, skank said:

Also i get an error from embruary info

Not sure if this is related here

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'datetime.timedelta' object has no attribute 'timestamp'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/plugin.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.widgets import *
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/resources/lib/widgets.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.helper import *
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/resources/lib/helper.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                       import arrow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from .api import get, now, utcnow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/api.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.arrow import TZ_EXPR, Arrow
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/arrow.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                       from arrow import formatter, locales, parser, util
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/parser.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.util import next_weekday, normalize_timestamp
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/util.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from arrow.constants import (
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib/arrow/constants.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                       _MAX_TIMESTAMP = datetime.max.timestamp()
                                                   AttributeError: 'datetime.timedelta' object has no attribute 'timestamp'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

I have both of those issues. For the first issue you have, I've noticed that it seems like the cursor just doesn't highlight the button, even though you can still click each of the options. 

For Embuary info, it started happening randomly, and it got annoying enough that I just disabled the addon. I don't really notice any missing functionality from Embuary, but that might not be the case for all. 

Glyde62
On 16/04/2021 at 02:29, skank said:

Yeah pitty.

We need new versions for both of them to get it fully functional

Yes waiting for fix before i update to 19

Segfault9

Love the skin! Is there a way (including by editing XML if I have to) to hide the on screen seek bar when using skip steps?

It's nice to be able to see the content while navigating and not have stuff appear over the subtitles.

Glyde62

Noticed yesterday that in Kodi on my PC the volume slider is stuck in top right corner, Appears as soon as Kodi starts and doesn't go away

Any ideas of a fix?  Tried changing skin and it went away But when i load Embuary again it comes back

Edit: Sorted it out, Right controller stick on gamepad must have been pressed in. Pressed it and it went

Edited by Glyde62

chewiiie

Hello,

Is Artist Slideshow working with the Embuary skin in Kodi 19 ? I don't get any picture in the background while playing music.

• 2 weeks later...
dapper

Any updates on official support?

Been holding off updating from Kodi 18.9 because Embuary is so vital for the UX of emby on kodi

feerlessleadr
36 minutes ago, dapper said:

Any updates on official support?

Been holding off updating from Kodi 18.9 because Embuary is so vital for the UX of emby on kodi

99% of the skin works flawlessly with the modification discussed in this thread to get it to work on 19. Only thing that doesn't work that I can tell is that when you select an add-on from the 'My Add-ons' section of the skin, the cursor doesn't work in that screen. 

Glyde62
3 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

99% of the skin works flawlessly with the modification discussed in this thread to get it to work on 19. Only thing that doesn't work that I can tell is that when you select an add-on from the 'My Add-ons' section of the skin, the cursor doesn't work in that screen. 

Seems to work fine with the version from here. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362042

Edited by Glyde62

Glyde62

Not sure if this is a embuary problem or Kodi 

Notice recently when I go into a season it doesn't always default to first item, Even though have that option checked 

Glyde62
On 27/05/2021 at 21:01, Glyde62 said:

Not sure if this is a embuary problem or Kodi 

Notice recently when I go into a season it doesn't always default to first item, Even though have that option checked 

No one else having this problem??

laola
6 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

yes - I do have the same issue (I am using EmbyCon and no Kodi database). In addition (and this is something I am really missing) - there is no "playing  next" shown anymore. I just realized that this was also gone in the web-interface. In the web-interface it can be reactivated (playing next (Lagacy)) but I have no luck to get it work in the Embuary skin (actually the skin becomes pretty unresponsive when I leave the playing next widget activated).

rodainas

Correct Next Up widget is not showing anything (tested on kodi 19.1 and latest embycon on stable repo), what I did is do custom widget and point it to embycon global lists, Tv shows, next up episodes and make another one pointing to global lists, movies, in progress, to have the progress of tv shows and movies on home screen.

On the web interface you dont need to use legacy, now next up and continue watching are mixed as one thing, less clutter.

• 2 weeks later...
laola
On 5/31/2021 at 6:30 PM, rodainas said:

Correct Next Up widget is not showing anything (tested on kodi 19.1 and latest embycon on stable repo), what I did is do custom widget and point it to embycon global lists, Tv shows, next up episodes and make another one pointing to global lists, movies, in progress, to have the progress of tv shows and movies on home screen.

On the web interface you dont need to use legacy, now next up and continue watching are mixed as one thing, less clutter.

I tried this (custom widget) - but I didn't work (just tried next up since this is what I am really missing) - even after installed the stable repo.  

rodainas
1 hour ago, laola said:

I tried this (custom widget) - but I didn't work (just tried next up since this is what I am really missing) - even after installed the stable repo.  

After creating the custom widget you need to select it for the homescreen, like Latest Movies, Latest Tv Shows that are set up by default by embuary. If you just create it alone it wont show up anywhere.