[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

On 11/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

I get the red star and rating + RT and rating. Not sure if it's possible to get more

I get only red star rating and no more. I have seen others with RT, & Metacritic.

feerlessleadr
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just checking, the major issue is Kodi 19 incompatibility?

That's correct - at least for me - Kodi 18 works perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

AllesMeins

Maybe I'm just blind, but is there anything I've to do to enable the Emby Premiere-Options in Embuary? Cinema Intros and Live-TV is completley greyed out, I can't select or enable anything. My subscription is active and working from within the browser. So what do I need to do to also get to watch trailers in Kodi/Embuary?

I'm using Embuary 18.8.9 with EmbyCon and Kodi 18.9

My EmbyServer is Version 4.5.4.0

DiscoDuck79
On 12/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, AllesMeins said:

Maybe I'm just blind, but is there anything I've to do to enable the Emby Premiere-Options in Embuary? Cinema Intros and Live-TV is completley greyed out, I can't select or enable anything. My subscription is active and working from within the browser. So what do I need to do to also get to watch trailers in Kodi/Embuary?

I'm using Embuary 18.8.9 with EmbyCon and Kodi 18.9

My EmbyServer is Version 4.5.4.0

I'm not using EmbyCon, but maybe you have to activate trailers in EmbyCon?

You need a PVR client installed in Kodi in order to be able select items within Embuary

• 3 weeks later...
JerryPenguin

Hello all,
I have a quick question, is the skin dead?
Since March I have not seen any activity in the GIT?

Greetings

jluce50
On 1/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, JerryPenguin said:

Hello all,
I have a quick question, is the skin dead?
Since March I have not seen any activity in the GIT?

Greetings

People have been asking for quite a while with no response. I think it's safe to say it's dead at this point.

• Confused 1

feerlessleadr
43 minutes ago, jluce50 said:

People have been asking for quite a while with no response. I think it's safe to say it's dead at this point.

The new e4k dev has been in touch with Fred, and he confirmed that Fred will be releasing an updated version of this skin for matrix, and that we just need to be patient. 

• Thanks 2

jluce50
44 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

The new e4k dev has been in touch with Fred, and he confirmed that Fred will be releasing an updated version of this skin for matrix, and that we just need to be patient. 

Oh, good to know! Thanks!

Davidscrat

ok i have a problem

i just installed embuary skin and i don't have my media library on first screen (like i have with my android app).

i use a external hdd. i can see my library with android app and from pc.

I use kodi libreelec on pi4, and emby server with official emby repo (http://kodi.emby.media)

do i have missed something?

thanks

Davidscrat

Thanks. 

I tried both, emby addon and embycon. 

With emby addon, On the first lign, media, i can only see 2 "directories" :all movies, and all tv shows. I cant see my libraries. 

They appear with embycon... 

Why? 

Is there a way to see them with emby addon. 

feerlessleadr
57 minutes ago, Davidscrat said:

Thanks. 

I tried both, emby addon and embycon. 

With emby addon, On the first lign, media, i can only see 2 "directories" :all movies, and all tv shows. I cant see my libraries. 

They appear with embycon... 

Why? 

Is there a way to see them with emby addon. 

You have to sync the emby libraries you want to show up in kodi. Did you select which libraries you want to sync to kodi when you set up e4k?

• 3 weeks later...

There is a bug that I noticed for a long time (>1 year) so I might as well report it - the sort criteria for shows and movies is not preserved ... it always resets to Title - Ascending. Could you please save all the sort settings?

Edited by alexr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone upgraded from Kodi 18.9 to Kodi 19.0 that was running Embuary? Did it allow you to keep Embuary or put you back to a default skin?

I have been running 19.0 beta and RC's for a while now but have been missing Embuary and would love to be able to use it again.

Going back to 18.9, installing Embuary and then upgrading would be an option if that worked or I guess I could try the repository again to see if anything has changed.

feerlessleadr
6 hours ago, Bigmaxy said:

Has anyone upgraded from Kodi 18.9 to Kodi 19.0 that was running Embuary? Did it allow you to keep Embuary or put you back to a default skin?

I have been running 19.0 beta and RC's for a while now but have been missing Embuary and would love to be able to use it again.

Going back to 18.9, installing Embuary and then upgrading would be an option if that worked or I guess I could try the repository again to see if anything has changed.

Embuary isn't compatible yet so upgrading will disable the skin.

@quickmic has spoken with Fred who has said he will update at some point, just need to be patient. 

Grumpy1
8 hours ago, Bigmaxy said:

This is from Saulfred over at the Kodi forums

Tempory fix to get this skin running in Matrix is to manually edit the addon.xml and bump the xbmc gui version to 5.15.0. There were no important changes which could affect this skin. Will take care of it as soon as I find time.

• Like 1

artstar

Thank you for posting that except, Grumpy. The xml fix and a restart of Kodi re-enabled the skin and all seems to still be fully functional. 

I call this a win. 

• Like 1

feerlessleadr
58 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

This is from Saulfred over at the Kodi forums

awesome information - thanks!

• Like 1