[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

thanks, last one:

I prefer the default select action " show information". Is it also possible to apply this to the "more like this" widget in movie info view or don't you have control about it?

horstepipe

Nope, a country can be "USA", "U.S.A.", "United States of America", etc. There is no common wording and no clear indicator.

Understood, but Kodi seems to handle this fine, just fyi.

(Library -> Countries)

sualfred

Kodi is not handling it. That is data from a scraper or nfo tool. It can be everything.

You have to keep that stuff in mind. If something applies to your setup it can be totally different on other ones.

• Like 1

horstepipe

thanks, last one:

I prefer the default select action " show information". Is it also possible to apply this to the "more like this" widget in movie info view or don't you have control about it?

Just in case :-) @@sualfred

@sualfred 

How do I get a weather icon in the top right? :D 

I've a number, no icon. Using yahoo as weather provider.

edit: I've the outline-hd icons from erikflowers installed aswell. 

sorry, but no one using this?  

sualfred

It seems I removed it because I was running out of space in different windows. Cannot remember, it's been a while.

It seems I removed it because I was running out of space in different windows. Cannot remember, it's been a while.

Alright, is it possible to implement  the feature again?

sualfred

nope. As I said I've dropped it because of the space. There are a few windows where it would be collaps in different languages.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Any chance to add an option to show the genre list as text fields for low powered devices?

Edit: the genre menu buttons don’t seem to work as expected. If you go to „All movies“ -> „Genre“ you‘ll see your movies‘ genre list as expected. But if you navigate to „All tv shows“ -> Genre afterwards, you‘ll get the same (movie) genre list. You need to go back and re-enter „Genre“ several times to see the appropriate genre list for tv shows.

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

As I said. Krypton is EOL and won't be continued. No more changes or bugfixes. I've dropped my complete dev environment for Krypton months ago.

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

As I said. Krypton is EOL and won't be continued. No more changes or bugfixes. I've dropped my complete dev environment for Krypton months ago.

Sorry I didn’t mention that I‘m talking about Leia (X96 Max Android)

sualfred

Also try to wait a couple of seconds. I guess the container is updating in the background. And if that is the case there is nothing I can change. Very slow device, large library.  You always can replace the genre menu point with the native one of Kodi in the skin settings. That has no poster artworks.

Edit:

Also be aware that the thumbnail generation only is expensive on the first run. The thumbs will only be regenerated if a genre got a new item.  And only this genre will generate a new one. You said you organized your items to genres. So expect a slower thumbnail creation on this device. It's really not fast.

Edited by sualfred

jachin99

Any chance at getting tv tunes integration for video backdrops? There are a few skins that have it already but I'm guessing us emby users will get the best experience with embuary.

horstepipe

Also try to wait a couple of seconds. I guess the container is updating in the background. And if that is the case there is nothing I can change. Very slow device, large library.

You are right about that. Hmm maybe you are able to hide/mask the "outdated" genres until the new ones finished to load up? The device's performance is quite average. It's similar to the Odroid-N2 which is being used by lots of people. The genre refresh can take up to 20-30 seconds which can be quite confusing.

You always can replace the genre menu point with the native one of Kodi in the skin settings. That has no poster artworks.

Yeah I was hoping to be able to do that, too. Unfortunately this doesn't properly work if you have multiple library tag based hubs as you can't configure them seperately. So they would all share the same genre menu entry which won't show movies with that particular tag only.

Your default genre item is able to do that, so the logic is there somewhere. That's why I asked for an additional option in the settings for that. Hope you understand what I'm talking about :-)

The thumbs will only be regenerated if a genre got a new item

hmm I'm pretty sure that this is not true here. Maybe they are also being regenerated if an item is being refreshed? I'll take a look at it...

As we're using strm files here, they're being ffprobed not before somebody starts first playback, which causes an item refresh on each client.

sualfred

There is no filtering and it's not possible. And the performance of the S905w is not even compareable with the SOC of the N2. The N2 is 2x< faster. It's more compareable to the Nvidia Shield.

Just take a look at this benchmark. For reference take the Odroid C2, it has the S905x, which is basically the same from a speed point of view.

n2-review-07.jpg

The thumb is only generated once. Checked that 1000 times. It only gets "touched" to modifiy the modification date to prevent it from a deletion algorythm that is implemented. On my environment it takes 1-3s for the generation on the Shield and then it's populated within <500ms.

Proof:

5de26118a865a_Anmerkung20191130132947.jp

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe

There is no filtering and it's not possible. And the performance of the S905w is not even compareable with the SOC of the N2. The N2 is 2x< faster. It's more compareable to the Nvidia Shield.

Probably this was just misspelled and you meant S905x2? Anyway you are right, I mixed up odroid-c2 with n2.

There is no filtering and it's not possible.

Sorry, I can't follow this statement. When I enter a library tag hub like "Academy Award for Best Picture" I can press "Genre" and I'm getting a filtered genre page containing only the movies of this library tag...? So this IS filtered. What I was requesting for is being able to change this view to a simple list view.

The thumb is only generated once. Checked that 1000 times. It only gets "touched" to modifiy the modification date to prevent it from a deletion algorythm that is implemented

Thanks for clarifying. Then I need to find out why I'm having these delays again and again. May I send you logs capturing this? Here it takes about 30 seconds for generation and <1 second to show up which would be absolutely fine if it behaved as you described.

First example: After a Kodi restart they need that long time again to show up. Is that intended?

sualfred

Your log shows no issue.

Please check the userdata/addon_data/script.embuary.helper/img folder for the genre images and the file creation + modification date to see if they are rebuilded on startup.

• Like 1

sualfred

This skin has no official support for mouse or touch control. Use the official Emby apps instead.