[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

Does it work if you select reboot from nand and then choose the reboot button a few items before?

Sorry, I don't really get what you want me to try :-)

Understood now :-)

Yes, that works. Boots into nand.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Btw: does the „similar“ widget also respect common tags? I‘m wondering what’s the overall better approach: creating lists like „best slasher movies“ via genres or via tags.

In the hubs, yes.

Not sure if I understand. So if I enter the movie info screen, will the widget "more like this" show movies with the same tag?

sualfred

Android has a reboot option. It depends on the ROM and device where it's listed.

• Like 1

sualfred

Not sure if I understand. So if I enter the movie info screen, will the widget "more like this" show movies with the same tag?

No, only in the hubs. The info screen covers all libraries. In the hubs it's called "Because you watched XYZ", but it's the same widget. Just based on a random watched item of the hub tag.

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

No, only in the hubs. The info screen covers all libraries. In the hubs it's called "Because you watched XYZ", but it's the same widget. Just based on a random watched item of the hub tag.

Okay thanks, so for my approach tags won't be very helpful. What do you think?

I want to create lists like

best slasher movies
best buddie movies
Academy award winning movies

and lots of more movie lists which share a topic, atmosphere or whatever. The aim is to make it easier to find what to watch next.

My first intention was to do it via Emby playlists, but as there's no real database integration in Kodi, there where some downsides which made me look for another solution.

So now I'm stuck between genres or Tags.

But as I'd really like to have better suggestions in the movie info screen, I think I'll try it with genres.

horstepipe

Yeah sorry I took a look at it again and your solution makes absolutely sense. But it looks like you dropped the fetching of the hub image which is provided by Emby server (if you set it up). My Kodi 17 instances fetch it fine, but in Kodi 18 it stays blank if I disable "try to generate Emby similar thumbnail" (which I don't like because of the delayed image generation / popping up). Hope this was not intentional?

Would it be possible to check whether Emby server provides a hub image and if yes, auto disable "try to generate Emby similar thumbnail"? I mean, if the admin spends time to assign images to each hub, they should be shown on the clients by default.

Best regards

Just in case you overlooked this one :-)

sualfred

I dropped the complete Emby-only approach, It's now based on tags and generates images of items of the hub. If you have own images on the server -> download them and set them in Kodi manually.

clarkss12

Just cranked up one of my Android boxes and opened Kodi with the Embuary skin and was greeted with the werewolf howling...........

Kudos to you.  Got pumpkins and witches on brooms floating across my screen and a spooky suggestions entry.

post-38990-0-60056800-1572447796_thumb.jpg

horstepipe

Does Kodi's database store original title? I'm wondering if a switch would be possible to show either German (or whatever localized) or original title.

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

Yes, it does. A switch is too complicated to implement. If you prefer the original name just change the metadata on Emby. It's easier.

• Like 1

Just cranked up one of my Android boxes and opened Kodi with the Embuary skin and was greeted with the werewolf howling...........

Kudos to you.  Got pumpkins and witches on brooms floating across my screen and a spooky suggestions entry.

attachicon.gifHalloween theme.jpg

Yes it's interesting.  Is there a way to turn it off?

edit:  Never mind, found it.

Edited by gmacman

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

what do you think about this one?

There's a resource addon for country flags I think.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Yes, it does. A switch is too complicated to implement. If you prefer the original name just change the metadata on Emby. It's easier.

Understood.

Just asked because some of my friends are not German and they can't assign the (sometimes very strange) German movie titles.

Would it be that much work to add original title to your Embuary Search feature, too?

Edited by horstepipe

Red5ive

For some reason I'm not getting the mini EPG coming up when I press my guide button whilst watching live tv.

Before it would put up the mini guide with covering about a third of the screen. Now it just comes up with the regular on screen display and if I press it again just toggles buttons underneath it.

Under Embuary PVR and Live TV buttons I have 'Use mini EPG for channels OSD ticked. Anything else I should check?

sualfred

Wrong mapping of the button. On keyboard you have to press "c". Or try to long press your select button on the remote.

Red5ive

Wrong mapping of the button. On keyboard you have to press "c". Or try to long press your select button on the remote.

Your right, pressing c on the keyboard or a long hold of the select button brings it up, must have become un-mapped somehow. Do you happen to know which key brigs up the extra row of buttons (close captions picture settings etc) as would like to map that to another button.

On a different issue I'm trying to work out how to delete timers from Kodi, If I go to Timer rules I see a bunch of them, including a load of test Holby City ones that don't do anything and a one off British touring car championship I would like to delete. They all say active.

5dc29a8da2f9f_1.jpg

If I click on one or press the info button all I get is the following screen:

5dc29aba5e6ca_2.jpg

Selecting this just closes the screen and takes you back, there is no option to delete or edit the timer. Should there be?

If not from this screen is there somewhere else?

Edited by Red5ive

sualfred

Context menu. Press 'c' or long press select again. That should give you a menu where you can do it. Just entering a timer will list you known upcoming records.

Look for the addon "keymap editor" to remap buttons. The tiny epg is not the guide window. It's a "fake epg" of the channels OSD.

Hi,

I have been using Embuary (Leia) and Emby for Kodi for a while now.  I try other skins but this seems to be the best fit for me.  Thank you.

There are a couple of problems that I seem unable to resolve on my own.

1. Music video Party Mode:  Under Estuary I can turn on party mode from the Music Video section's side-bar menu.  I cannot find the equivalent under Embuary.  From the Emby server's web page I can select "Shuffle" from the top menu bar when in the Music Video page, which I use its equivalent party mode.

2. Queued play list: In the Movie section I navigate to a movie, then press to play.  Returning to the Movie section I navigate to another movie, invoke the context menu and select "Queue item", then repeat this for a number of other movies.  This is a feature which I use for my elderly mother-in-law whereby I select a number of movies to play in sequence while I go to work.  Under Estuary I can, in the Movie section, choose "Go to playlist" and select "Repeat: All" to repeat this playlist.  Under Embuary I cannot find any setting to repeat (or shuffle) the playlist, being presented only with options "Save" and "Clear".

I am using the latest versions of all software, including on the Raspberry Pi running LibreELEC which is where I first noticed the problems, though my Kodi under Windows 10 exhibits the same behaviour..

Bigmack3000

I feel like there's a very easy answer to this, but I just cannot figure it out.  After installing Emby for Kodi and the Embuary skin on my Shield, I'm trying to now add a shortcut to Emby on the Kodi homescreen, but I see no option to do so.  I can go to Android Apps and then select Emby, but I don't see an option under skin settings to add a shortcut for it.

jluce50

My solution to the Music Video woes I've been having was to set the library type to "Mixed content". This seemed to work for a while, but I recently noticed that the Music Videos have begun showing up in my movies library in Kodi again. Has something changed that would cause this? If using different library types doesn't work to separate the files in Kodi, what other options do I have?

clarkss12

Emby for Kodi not showing movies that start with a number. The heading shows the alphabet, but no "#" sign..... See images. This is Embuary running on CoreELEC.

post-38990-0-34525700-1573256658_thumb.jpg post-38990-0-32522100-1573256889_thumb.jpg

Edit:. Reset local Kodi database, working fine now. No idea what caused the problem.

Edited by clarkss12