[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

The skin /skin helper populates the nodes / main menu hubs by tags, is that correct? So if I setup additional tags like "christmas movies" or "very bloody movies" my users' main menus are getting overfilled with those hubs...?

I initially wanted to accomplish this with playlists, but I thought with tags it's smarter because they're being synced to the local Kodi database.

So @@sualfred @@Angelblue05 what do you think about this idea:
- Give real library tags a prefix like

[library] Kids TV Shows

and only auto-populate these ones in main menu. So user created tags are not affected.

edit: I'm aware that the new wizard let's the user select the tags to be added to main menu. But I'm planning to add hundreds of them, so this method will be very effortful then.

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

I've changed the method so all Kodi setups benefit. A Kodi standalone, Jellyfin, Plex setup will also create tags. That's why I added the whitelist. During the setup you was asked if you want to auto populate new tags. If not you have to manually whitelist tags for hubs. I won't go back to a Emby-only approach.

jluce50

I'm not terribly familiar with how tags work in Embuary, but would it be possible to use tags to separate different libraries of the same type? The main issue I'm having with my setup has to do with Music Videos. If I set the Music Video library type to Movies, they get lumped in with the rest of my movies in Kodi. If I set them as Music Video, I lose the ability to resume videos (and the available views are more limited). Would it be possible to set them as the Movies type but have them show up as separate menu items in Kodi using tags?

sualfred

That's no embuary helper error. It's from skin helper service and I suggest you to disable it all. There is a option in addon & dependencies at the bottom. It's not required for the skin.

• Like 1

That's no embuary helper error. It's from skin helper service and I suggest you to disable it all. There is a option in addon & dependencies at the bottom. It's not required for the skin.

lol yeah, that was from another skin.. my bad

sualfred

I'm not terribly familiar with how tags work in Embuary, but would it be possible to use tags to separate different libraries of the same type? The main issue I'm having with my setup has to do with Music Videos. If I set the Music Video library type to Movies, they get lumped in with the rest of my movies in Kodi. If I set them as Music Video, I lose the ability to resume videos (and the available views are more limited). Would it be possible to set them as the Movies type but have them show up as separate menu items in Kodi using tags?

If you manually add a tag, yes. But they will still appear in "all movies". Again -> If you mark something as movie library on the server then it's a movie in Kodi.

Hello,

Since weeks now i noticed that the main menu Libraries nodes aren't working anymore, they appear but if i click on any node nothing happens..

I already tried to do a database repair and a reboot, but nothing changed.

In parallel i have the Emby App on my Samsung TV which point to the same Emby server, and everything is fine.

Thanks a lot for your assistance / ideas ?

Best regards,

sualfred

What exactyl do you mean? I support Emby favourites for both addons. Kodi's internal favourite system has no filtering by movies, tvshows, episodes, etc.

What exactyl do you mean? I support Emby favourites for both addons. Kodi's internal favourite system has no filtering by movies, tvshows, episodes, etc.

When I access favourites in the navbar of the skin, I get prompted to install the Emby addon. 

"Add-on required

To use this feature you must download an add-on: 

Emby

Would you like to download this add-on?"

I don't have any kodi favs, only fetching content through EmbyCon. 

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

CoreElec’s power menu got a button to restart Kodi only, not the whole system. Would you please mind to add it to your power menu shortcuts options?

sualfred

Sure, can you paste me the content of DialogButtonMenu.xml of the default skin? 

• Like 1

horstepipe

Will do at the weekend.

Btw: does the „similar“ widget also respect common tags? I‘m wondering what’s the overall better approach: creating lists like „best slasher movies“ via genres or via tags.

Hello, i would like to ask two questions regarding that wonderful skin please.

1) What is the diffenrece between Addon (Default) and Native (Direct Paths)

in my case i use only .STRM file that are pointing directly to MKV files, my server is on my computer (very powerful computer) and my client is Nvidia Shield, what would be the best option for me please ? 

2)post-520912-0-93861800-1572204413_thumb.png, this is my GENRES picture that i've made and this is my Emby web interface

post-520912-0-81454000-1572204419_thumb.png and this is what i see in Kodi (embuary)

How can i do to get my edited Genres pictures in embuary please ? 

Edited by Noustaa

sualfred

1 -> Addon playback method / real filenames and paths. If you are using local available MKVs then I don't understand why you use .strm files at all. Anyway. Check the wiki https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/FAQ#native-playback-mode-steps-to-locate-files

2 -> Kodi doesn't support genre thumbs

horstepipe

Sure, can you paste me the content of DialogButtonMenu.xml of the default skin? 

Sorry for the delay

cat /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogButtonMenu.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
        <defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol>
        <include>Animation_DialogPopupOpenClose</include>
        <controls>
                <control type="group">
                        <centerleft>50%</centerleft>
                        <width>600</width>
                        <centertop>50%</centertop>
                        <height>700</height>
                        <include content="DialogBackgroundCommons">
                                <param name="width" value="600" />
                                <param name="height" value="80" />
                                <param name="header_label" value="$LOCALIZE[31072]" />
                                <param name="header_id" value="2" />
                        </include>
                        <control type="panel" id="9000">
                                <include>ButtonMenuList</include>
                                <content>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13012]</label>
                                                <onclick>Quit()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13016]</label>
                                                <onclick>Powerdown()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.CanPowerDown</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[20150]</label>
                                                <onclick>AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,Shutdown())</onclick>
                                                <visible>!System.HasAlarm(shutdowntimer)</visible>
                                                <visible>System.CanPowerDown | System.CanSuspend | System.CanHibernate</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[20151] $INFO[System.AlarmPos,(,)]</label>
                                                <onclick>CancelAlarm(shutdowntimer)</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.HasAlarm(shutdowntimer)</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13011]</label>
                                                <onclick>Suspend()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.CanSuspend</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13010]</label>
                                                <onclick>Hibernate()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.CanHibernate</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13013]</label>
                                                <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>Reboot from eMMC/NAND</label>
                                                <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
                                                <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.PathExist("/dev/env")</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>Restart Kodi</label>
                                                <onclick>RestartApp()</onclick>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[20126] $INFO[system.profilename]</label>
                                                <onclick>dialog.close(all,true)</onclick>
                                                <onclick>System.LogOff</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.HasLoginScreen | Integer.IsGreater(System.ProfileCount,1)</visible>
                                                <visible>System.Loggedon</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$VAR[MasterModeLabel]</label>
                                                <onclick>mastermode</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.HasLocks</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13017]</label>
                                                <onclick>InhibitIdleShutdown(true)</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.HasShutdown +!System.IsInhibit</visible>
                                        </item>
                                        <item>
                                                <label>$LOCALIZE[13018]</label>
                                                <onclick>InhibitIdleShutdown(false)</onclick>
                                                <visible>System.HasShutdown + System.IsInhibit</visible>
                                        </item>
                                </content>
                        </control>
                </control>
        </controls>
</window>

horstepipe

ah just realized that you already added it, thank you very much.

The "reboot to nand" button is not functional. It works fine in Estuary.

sualfred

Does it work if you select reboot from nand and then choose the reboot button a few items before?

horstepipe

I've changed the method so all Kodi setups benefit. A Kodi standalone, Jellyfin, Plex setup will also create tags. That's why I added the whitelist. During the setup you was asked if you want to auto populate new tags. If not you have to manually whitelist tags for hubs. I won't go back to a Emby-only approach.

Yeah sorry I took a look at it again and your solution makes absolutely sense. But it looks like you dropped the fetching of the hub image which is provided by Emby server (if you set it up). My Kodi 17 instances fetch it fine, but in Kodi 18 it stays blank if I disable "try to generate Emby similar thumbnail" (which I don't like because of the delayed image generation / popping up). Hope this was not intentional?

Would it be possible to check whether Emby server provides a hub image and if yes, auto disable "try to generate Emby similar thumbnail"? I mean, if the admin spends time to assign images to each hub, they should be shown on the clients by default.

Best regards

horstepipe

Does it work if you select reboot from nand and then choose the reboot button a few items before?

Sorry, I don't really get what you want me to try :-)

sualfred

First select "reboot from nand" and then select "reboot". Does it boot from NAND in that case?

• Like 1