[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

If a movie/epsiode is in progress and has a resume state it will be shown automatically.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

- What resolution are you running? "Continue watching" is still cropped. Kodi is not very good in scaling a UI. The skin is running in a internal resolution of 1080p. 

- Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

- If Emby for Kodi -> Try repairing your database. 

I just changed it to 1920x1080p, it's not cropped anymore but the progress bar isn't appearing still.

I am using Embuary for kodi. Is there a setting to repair database? 

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

would you please fix a Embuary Helper Error on Krypton once again? :-)

Nothing really breaks, but on each playback start I'm getting this error (playback starts fine anyway) but it seems to break the fan art for this particular video. So when I start an episode, the fan art in widget disappears for this episode. I pm you the log.

lightsout

I am seeing a guide and live tv section on my win 10 version install of Kodi (v17 to use DSplayer.) It is currently not running emby for Kodi but is using your skin.

On my other devices (Odroid N2 and v18 Windows install on a flash drive) I do not see the live tv section with guide etc.

I am using a HDHR Prime through Emby. I do not remember setting up PVR in the kodi install where I see the guide. But must I have to get this working?

Here are the two side by side.

post-4065-0-01910100-1568141151_thumb.jpg

post-4065-0-46976600-1568141159_thumb.jpg

lightsout

What you are seeing is a Kodi PVR setup. Just check what PVR addon is active.

ok will do. I installed another skin that may have added it.

jluce50

Movies are movies. If you add music videos to videos they will be listed there. There is no way to filter it because they "are movies" from a database point of view.

I hate to be a pest, but I can't help but wonder if there might be a way to filter movies (or any type) by library. The only reason I suspect it's possible is that the web interface and the Android app seem to be filtering things this way. Is that something you'd be willing to look into? If not, I understand...

As it is, I have to choose between awful metadata and display behavior for the Music Video library or having my movie list littered with a bunch of music videos. Both are far from ideal.

sualfred

As I said. If you add music videos to movies you will have them as movies in Kodi. There is no way around it. Kodi is not designed to have multiple libraries so they will always be in "all movies".

jluce50

As I said. If you add music videos to movies you will have them as movies in Kodi. There is no way around it. Kodi is not designed to have multiple libraries so they will always be in "all movies".

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was a Kodi limitation or a skin/Emby4Kodi/EmbyCon issue. I guess I'll focus my nagging efforts on getting the Music Video metadata issues addressed...  :)

• 2 weeks later...
sualfred

I've reworked the player osd for the upcoming Emby changes (with my personal adjuments and poster art). Please let me know if you face any issues or glitches.

horstepipe

Would you mind (if possible) to make the overview field of playlists visible in Embuary playlist node? I’d like to create some playlists with own movie recommendations. And I want to use the field to give a description about who could be interested and other info like that.

horstepipe

Any chance to make the search term

jackass bad grandpa

find the movie

Jackass: Bad Grandpa

So ignoring the colon in title? Or will it slowdown the search too much?

sualfred

no way to do it. 

"jackass bad grandpa" is in "Jackass: Bad Grandpa" = False

"jackass grandpa bad" is in "Jackass: Bad Grandpa" = False

The query string is handled as single string and not multiple strings with different combinations.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

horstepipe

Would you mind (if possible) to make the overview field of playlists visible in Embuary playlist node? I’d like to create some playlists with own movie recommendations. And I want to use the field to give a description about who could be interested and other info like that.

Understood, thanks. This one is possible?

abescalamis

I love your work, just wanted to say that I would prefer the OSD without the fast forward buttons it feels a bit clustered, and is useless to me because on my TV I use Kodi with a remote controller.

Are those really useful to some? I cannot think of circumstances that the fast forward buttons are needed?