[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

Because these are core handled controls. I only have very limited access over them. Function, label, visiblity, enable status, etc is not in my hand.

sualfred

For me the sidebar also has the same buttons as my main menu. But after a restart of Kodi those buttons are missing There's only "Sonstiges" with Power, Settings and so on. Like i said, i have to open an entry from the main menu of the homescreen or just go into Settings to make the buttons in the sidebar visible again.

It's some kind of refresh problem.

Strange. Cannot tell why this is happening on your side. I cannot replicate the issue here and the logic is quite simple:

<content>
								<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(SidePanelMainMenu)">skinshortcuts-group-sidepanel</include>
								<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(SidePanelMainMenu)">skinshortcuts-mainmenu</include>
							</content>

I use an Odroid C2 with CoreELEC. Which addon is recommended with Embuary? Embycon or Emby for Kodi? I would have thought Embycon but have noticed that the widgets often doesn't appear in the main menu when using that. I made custom widgets for example for Movies - Latest or TV-Shows - Latest added. Often need to reload the skin before they appear. Any idea why?

Edited by djon

sualfred

Embycon is triggering a value tat will result in a refresh. Usually.

Anyway. Both have its pros and cons. Both are awesome and useful. It's up to you. All I can say is that I was able to add a lot of more features to the skin if you will use Emby for Kodi.Just because I have the option to interact with a direct DB.

chivigoku

Morning @@sualfred,

I was wondering if is possible to distinct movies/series between 1080p and 4K.

I´ve got videos in both resolutions but in Kodi they are duplicated and I don´t know which one is Full or Ultra HD till I open them.

Creating as a favorite the URL, doesn´t work properly  :huh:

If there is any way to do this, I´ll appreciate your help ;)

PD: I´m not really using Emby. I´m using Strms by now.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Edited by chivigoku

feerlessleadr

Hi @saulfred - I'm not sure if this should be a request for @TeamB in regards to embycon or a skin request, but I figured I would start here. 

I use both emby & embycon to show my wife/my TV Shows/Movies (emby for kodi) and my kids TV/Movies (embycon). When I'm browsing the normal kodi library, There is an option to shuffle the show to continuously play a random episode. However, when browsing a kids show via embycon, the shuffle dialog is not present. 

Is this something that I should request be added by you via the skin, or by Team B via embycon, and then added via the skin?

Thanks!

sualfred

@@chivigoku

Press "info" and you should get the resolution displayed there.

I only have an Icon as overlay if it's HDR. But that requires "(HDR)" in the filename or label.

@@feerlessleadr

I already do this by skin/python for Emby for Kodi. But this doesn't work with Embycon, because @TeamB or his addon playback call clears the playlist for some reasons.

Edited by sualfred

Alpheratz13

Hi everyone, 

I have a question for you.

I look for add-on for upcoming tv shows for Embuary Kodi Skin if it exist of course. 

See screenshot of emby, you will understand better my question, i hope.  Thanks

Irving

5d6e2c6d72a48_embyupcomingtvshow.jpg

Edited by Alpheratz13

clarkss12

Not sure this is an Embuary issue or Kodi issue.  I am using the FTV screensaver, and it acts differently on different devices.  On my Android device, the FTV screen saver scrolls  after awhile, but the FTV screensaver running on my CoreELEC box is static and does NOT scroll........

What info, if any, do you need.

post-38990-0-55536200-1567614858_thumb.jpg

sualfred

I haven't updated the FTV screensaver since... err... feels like forever... almost 3 years? I will fix it in a few days.

jonomite

In the Emby web client, if there are multiple versions of a movie, there is an option to select which version to play. I know this functionality has been implemented on Emby for Kodi, but I was wondering if there is a way to add a visual tweak to the skin to indicate when media has multiple versions. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

clarkss12

I haven't updated the FTV screensaver since... err... feels like forever... almost 3 years? I will fix it in a few days.

I love that screensaver......... thank you.

sualfred

@@clarkss12

Please check my private repo. I've reworked it from scratch and it should be working now on Leia and Matrix

Edited by sualfred

clarkss12

@@clarkss12

Please check my private repo. I've reworked it from scratch and it should be working now on Leia and Matrix

I am not sure what you mean by your private repo.   I am running version 0.1.3.  The screen saver is static, does not scroll........

I checked for an update, but it said there is no update available.

post-38990-0-90584300-1567693169_thumb.jpg

sualfred

uninstall the screensaver and reinstall it from my repo. It has a new ID to follow the Kodi naming scheme rules.

clarkss12

uninstall the screensaver and reinstall it from my repo. It has a new ID to follow the Kodi naming scheme rules.

Fantastic, working like a charm..................... :)

thank you.

This is probably the most noobish question (hence my current title), how do we add hubs like "All Movies", "All TV Shows", etc to the home menu? Clicking into these titles will bring me to their respective hubs.

I know they need to be added under "Edit menu configuration", but when I add one, it's not really a hub but just a link to a folder of my choosing.

I don't see the standard "Move", "TV Show", and "Music" hubs, do I need to do something to enable them in the home page?

Edited by gna0h

sualfred

You cannot. Kodi does not have a own hub logic. It's a hardcoded feature from me and only available for auto all movies/shows, detected Emby nodes, PVR and for one user custom hub.

Okay, that makes sense.

When you say "only available for auto all movies/shows", how these two appear in the home? When I first install the skin, I only see "Videos", "Games", "Add-ons". "Add-ons" being a hub.

Edited by gna0h

jluce50

I recently setup a new library on the server for music videos. Due to some metadata-related issues with Music Video libraries, I set it up as a Movie library. I added a menu item for the new library to the Embuary home screen and that seems to work okay. The issue is that now all my music videos are showing up in my Movie library (in Kodi, not in the web interface). Is the default Movie hub designed to pull in items from all Movie libraries? Is there any way to limit by library rather than by type?

sualfred

Movies are movies. If you add music videos to videos they will be listed there. There is no way to filter it because they "are movies" from a database point of view.

Edited by sualfred

jluce50

Movies are movies. If you add music videos to videos they will be listed there. There is no way to filter it because they "are movies" from a database point of view.

Okay, thanks. That's what I assumed, but I was hoping I might be wrong. They are separate in the web app, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean it's possible in every context.