[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

Hey Fred,

Have you already thought about studio info in info dialogue and same studio widgets? I’d really like that.

The info is stored in Kodi db so there’d be no need to fetch it externally.

sualfred

Thought about it yes, but no there is no place to show them. I'm already reached all maxed widths. in the lines. 

About studio widgets:

Nope. There is no standard. That means duplicates as hell. I wish Kodi would use IDs for genres and studio, but all values are just random strings. 

Edited by sualfred

andyxoxo

Hi, just want to report a couple of bugs and/or strange new behaviors occuring with the last few Embuary updates...

Skin 18.7.22; Skin Helper 1.2.20; Embuary Info 1.0.10; Embycon 1.9.28

1)  Widget on Homescreen for "Latest TV Shows" > Clicking any TV Show > Under "Next Up" it shows just one episode which I would assume should be the first unwatched one. But it doesn't show that but instead a random one in the season. For instance I have a few TV Shows that I haven't watched at all (so all are marked unwatched) so you would think that when I click a certain TV show under the "Latest TV Show" homescreen widget that the "Next up" would show the first ep that I haven't watched, in my case Ep1 because I haven't watched any at all. But under many shows it doesn't... might show ep 4, 3 or even 7 for no rhyme or reason... some tv shows might show that first unwatched ep correctly, but others don't.

2) New behavior: When clicking into a TV show > You get all the metadata as before, shows the cast etc and the first unwatched episode is being displayed up top of the screen ready to play. The skin up top left corner says "Episodes". But before (older version, last week), when clicking play it would play. But now clicking Play brings you to another screen which again displays all the same metadata again and then it finally plays after clicking play (skin up top is says "Episode Information"). So in other words you are clicking twice and seeing all the same metadata (same cast, same plot etc) twice for the same episode in order to play any episode. This is for all TV shows. Going directly through the Embycon VideoOn doesn't display this behavior... only actually going through Embuary homescreen. And also the emby server doesn't do this either. Can you revert this back to the way it was please? I don't think we should have to click Play twice, just to see all the same metadata twice, in order to play the episode is intended?

sualfred

1 -> thanks, fixed

2 -> haven't changed anything in thise regard and even if I wouild -> I have no control over this. It sounds like you changed the default action from "play" to "show info" in the Kodi settings.

sualfred

Working fine now. Do you think it's somehow possible to call your script via info button when an actor is highlighted?

Right now there's no information available. I'd like to keep the standard action to show the movies of an actor, but also benefit from your Embuary Info script.

Still not working unfortunately.

Also after restarting Kodi all the "Media Entries" of the sidebar are missing. I have to enter some hub from the home menu or the Kodi settings from the sidebar to get back all shortcuts.

<oninfo> gets ignored in the most cases. No chance to use this action. I only could try to offer a select dialog.

What exactly is the issue with the mainmenu items in the sidebar? It's working 100% on my end. It has the same content as in home and all buttons are working.

horstepipe

Thought about it yes, but no there is no place to show them. I'm already reached all maxed widths. in the lines. 

About studio widgets:

Nope. There is no standard. That means duplicates as hell. I wish Kodi would use IDs for genres and studio, but all values are just random strings. 

Understood, but couldn't you only display a widget if there are multiple movies with the same studio string?

sualfred

Sorry, nope. As I said, there is no standard for studio strings. Some scraper could call it "Amazon", "Amazon (US)", "Amazon Video", others are using shortcuts, the next ones are using the full company name, etc.

horstepipe

Sorry, nope. As I said, there is no standard for studio strings. Some scraper could call it "Amazon", "Amazon (US)", "Amazon Video", others are using shortcuts, the next ones are using the full company name, etc.

Understood, but as for genres, the user is responsible to keep it clean. That's why there are the server plugins "genre cleaner" and "studio cleaner".

But I understand your decision :-)

sualfred

Yes, the Emby users that using Emby scrapers. Not the other ones. Or the thousands of regular Kodi users that are using this skin.

horstepipe

Yes, the Emby users that using Emby scrapers. Not the other ones. Or the thousands of regular Kodi users that are using this skin.

okay but then I need to ask one more :-)

Don't you have some "Emby users only" widgets implemented anyway? Couldn't this be one of them, too?

sualfred

There is no difference if Emby user or not. I interact with the Kodi DB, not with the server.

pünktchen

What exactly is the issue with the mainmenu items in the sidebar? It's working 100% on my end. It has the same content as in home and all buttons are working.

For me the sidebar also has the same buttons as my main menu. But after a restart of Kodi those buttons are missing There's only "Sonstiges" with Power, Settings and so on. Like i said, i have to open an entry from the main menu of the homescreen or just go into Settings to make the buttons in the sidebar visible again.

It's some kind of refresh problem.

Edited by pünktchen

andyxoxo

1 -> thanks, fixed

2 -> haven't changed anything in thise regard and even if I wouild -> I have no control over this. It sounds like you changed the default action from "play" to "show info" in the Kodi settings.

1) Awesome, glad I am to contribute to your project :-)

2) Indeed that was the culprit, it seems screwing around with Embycon settings will also change Kodi settings without asking it to... I didn't know this ;-) So now I have selected "Choose" instead of "Show Info" in the Kodi settings and wouldn't you know it, now there is new problem. I have "Use Embycon context menu" selected in embycon settings as those options are more extensive. So now when I click a movie poster (I have "Posters" view selected) the context menu pops up as it should asking me what I want to do which is good. But there is no "Information" field selectable in order to see the movie information because it isn't there. In fact, the only way to see the movie information (codecs etc) about a movie is to use the movie "Slide" view, for all other views the information is hidden because there is no context menu selction item for information. At least that's the way it is for me, so hopefully I have another option wrongly selected someplace ;-)

Also, regarding Kodi settings, they don't seem to always work either. There is a Kodi setting to not download actor thumbnails which I have this unchecked. And in Embycon settings there is a setting to not show people which I also have unchecked. But for all TV shows in slide view, and for all movies in slide view, the cast & actors mugshots display anyway... is there really a way to remove this? (Just trying to speed up menu navigation).

And since we're on the subject, is there a way to make the "Show current play time" screen display in video fullscreen mode disappear a little faster? I press it once to see how far along I am. But then I press it again and that time display doesn't go away for at least 2 seconds leaving me wondering if I actually pressed the key ;-) Maybe speed it up by 2x to go away faster or even immediate disappearing would be great please? Am pretty sure this is a skin thing...

Cheers for all your help fellas

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

Press "i" on your keyboard or map "info" on your remote to open the dialog. 

@@TeamB

As far as I know it's possible for addons to call the info dialog for their set listitem. Could you add it to your custom context menu?

andyxoxo

Press "i" on your keyboard or map "info" on your remote to open the dialog. 

@@TeamB

As far as I know it's possible for addons to call the info dialog for their set listitem. Could you add it to your custom context menu?

Thanks for that tip, but the firestick remote has no such buttons... so yes, if that could be added to the embycon context menu that would be sweet.

I added the below to my original post, but I probably edited it after you read my post so will post it here again in case you missed it:

Also, regarding Kodi settings, they don't seem to always work either. There is a Kodi setting to not download actor thumbnails which I have this unchecked. And in Embycon settings there is a setting to not show people which I also have unchecked. But for all TV shows in slide view, and for all movies in slide view, the cast & actors mugshots display anyway... is there really a way to remove this? (Just trying to speed up menu navigation).

And since we're on the subject, is there a way to make the "Show current play time" screen display in video fullscreen mode disappear a little faster? I press it once to see how far along I am. But then I press it again and that time display doesn't go away for at least 2 seconds leaving me wondering if I actually pressed the key ;-) Maybe speed it up by 2x to go away faster or even immediate disappearing would be great please? Am pretty sure this is a skin thing...

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

All Kodi settings like this are meant for a local library. 

All other things like displaying the cast in the Slide view etc are forced by me. And sorry, I don't add settings to remove them. This wouldn't make any real difference and, sorry, a Fire TV stick is one of the worst devices you can use for Kodi. Even a $25 Android box with a s905x + CoreElec is faster. 

And I cannot decrease the time of the video OSD hiding. This is a hardcoded time value of the Kodi core and it's required to show other things for seeking processes.

evensteven

Not skin related. This fields are handled by the Kodi core. I have no flickering here on all of my devices

Its the privacy statement menu entry, which is shown two times in the system information screen and both menu entries flicker (maybe it's one and it's changing its position really fast, which I would describe as flickering). I also need a lot of clicks to get to the privacy statement. Once you get there, back out of the screen to the main settings menu and back in, the flickering is gone and there is only one menu entry. But then there is no chance to get to the privacy statement. Not matter how often I press downwards. I doubt this is a LibreELEC problem, because this was not present before the latest changes and I haven't changed anything on the underlying system.

Edited by evensteven

TonyBirt

@@sualfred.  Hi Sualfred, thank you for the great skin, would automatic trailer play be difficult to implement as an option?  For locally stored trailers,  -trailers.

evensteven

And I haven't changed the controls there :)

I see no flickering at all. And no duplicate entries

Ok, i dont have a Windows based install at hand. But i use the screen reguarly and it was fine for the last 18 month that I use this skin. A manual rollback to 18.7.15 and everything is back to normal. All now blank lines like Gateway, System Uptime or GPU temp show up fine. No Flickering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwxxD6xzuHw

sualfred

That's def. a Kodi bug on your end. It seems like "PVR-Service" is getting visible/hidden in a loop.

Do you have a PVR backend running?

Edit:

Please try this commit https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/commit/bb96344117f1d9f99fc2968f6df48c87c8cecbb3

Edited by sualfred

evensteven

That's def. a Kodi bug on your end. It seems like "PVR-Service" is getting visible/hidden in a loop.

Do you have a PVR backend running?

Edit:

Please try this commit https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/commit/bb96344117f1d9f99fc2968f6df48c87c8cecbb3

No PVR running. But that nailed it. Now PVR-Service is greyed out and menu is looking fine.

Still present is that with 18.7.16+ system information is missing. No label and no value, just a blank line. Rollback to 18.7.15 and all information is shown correctly. 

This also in the video. But to be precise the values are:

System Uptime in Info

Gateway in Network

GPU Temp in Graphics

What these have in common is the fact that it is always the fifth line. Not sure if that matters. 

sualfred

Kodi is resonsible for the lines and for the visiblity. I've added a "hack" to hide them in the future.

evensteven

Kodi is resonsible for the lines and for the visiblity. I've added a "hack" to hide them in the future.

I don‘t get why Kodi is to blame, when the only thing that changes is the skin. It’s working before the commit on 30th july. But a few worthless variables are not worth the fuzz. Keep up the good work.