[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

clarkss12

I have been testing Embuary running under CoreELEC on an Android box (Beelink GT-King), and it is almost there.  I still have some issues.

I can't get the thumbnails to show up in all the places, like the server running under Windows.  I keep doing a library scan, but it still does not create the thumbnails.   

Here are some pics to hopefully explain what I am talking about.

The Movies and TV shows thumbnail has no graphic under CoreELEC, but does under the Windows server.

post-38990-0-83501500-1565618962_thumb.jpg  post-38990-0-33628600-1565619056_thumb.jpg

Same way for the movie thumbnails..........

post-38990-0-26596100-1565619093_thumb.jpg  post-38990-0-97446100-1565619112_thumb.jpg.  

What am I missing??

Thanks

Edit: After more investigating, the graphics are there for the movies, but not in the "Primary" location.  See examples.

Only the movie 12 Strong has an image >> post-38990-0-09120800-1565620299_thumb.jpg

The video 12 Strong has a graphic in the "Primary" "slot" >> post-38990-0-88079400-1565620378_thumb.jpg

But the video "2 Guns" has images in a couple slots, but NOT in the primary slot... >> post-38990-0-17130000-1565620464_thumb.jpg

Edit 2:  When I go to the "Edit Images", and search for the thumbnails, several pop up, but won't download.  IF I do the same thing using my Emby server running under Windows, it works.  It downloads the image that I select very quickly....... 

Something must be stopping the server running under CoreELEC from downloading that image.

Edited by clarkss12

sualfred

That's not a issue of the skin or Kodi. Please ask in the server section.

horstepipe

with the new default side bar, how does one find the "videos" section to access/create/edit smart playlists?

Vito_MCE

Hi,

When I access movie library that contains more than one folder the continue watching section just shows folders instead of movies. Accessing the same (Library name - in progress) from Embycon add-on works well. TV Series libraries also work well, so seems this is limited to movies only.  

sualfred

What do you mean with movie library with m ore than one folder?

A movie library isn't stacked and only contains movies.

Please describe your setup of this node in detail.

Vito_MCE

Thanks for fixing Continue watching. Works great now. One more thing. Now Random Movies (inside the library) is broken exactly the same way :)

Also the question. Is there any chance to get mouse support? My WAF woulg go higher if this is present. Actually enabling mouse, almost works. What I have notices back button is main thing not working.

sualfred

I'll take a look at the random movies issue.

No to mouse support. It was asked more than once and I only can repeat myself: It does not work in all sections because of skin hacks.

For mouse support use the Emby webgui. It looks similar and is made for it.

sualfred

Found the issue. Some other URLs I've used for the server also weren't the correct anymore. Should be resolved with the next update. Thanks for reporting.

@@TeamB

I've noticed that ListItem.Genre is missing for episodes. It should be a copy of the TV show. Can you please adjust that on your end?

pünktchen

Hi sualfred, with your new customizable side blade menu shouldn't there be the Emby hubs as default entries the same way it is with the home menu?

sualfred

I also thought so but too many users were complaining about it and wanted the older, shorter menu back. So I removed the main menu from there and made a own customizable menu. But I guess I could add a toggle setting that the main menu can be used as optional choice.

pünktchen

That would be great!

Another one: if i enter a EmbyCon movie library through a hub then movies are not grouped into collections. It works with a direct entry to the movie library node though.

pünktchen

Next one: inside a library the top left corner shows the type of the content. Don't you think it would be better to show the name of the entry point?

pünktchen

Also can you please add support for persons (actors and directors) from Emby/EmbyCon inside favourites?

sualfred

@@TeamB

Thanks.

By the way. You store joined genres etc like this "Action/Drama/Thriller" but it has to be spaced like this "Action / Drama / Thriller". Skinners are using string splitting tools with the seperator " / ", which wouldn't work without the spaces.

sualfred

@@pünktchen

I cannot display the folder content in the header bar. Container.Folderpath is not going to be filled for addons and only returns the addon name. This value only returns the container items of a real Kodi library.

Fav. persons also do not work because EmbyCon has not implemented it. ( @@TeamB Could you add it? I would use the label of the actor to perform a regular search for the actor. )

sualfred

You can add actors / persons in Emby to favorites. Pünktchen is askin to display this in EmbyCon, but EmbyCon is only allowing me to display fav library items like movies, shows, episodes, etc.

pünktchen

@@pünktchen

I cannot display the folder content in the header bar. Container.Folderpath is not going to be filled for addons and only returns the addon name. This value only returns the container items of a real Kodi library.

I mean if i create a shortcut to a movie library named "Filmklassiker" and enter this shortcut then there's "Filme" in the left of the headerbar. But it should be "Filmklassiker".

Fav. persons also do not work because EmbyCon has not implemented it. ( @@TeamB Could you add it? I would use the label of the actor to perform a regular search for the actor. )

It already works i think. I've replaced "artist" with "person" in your skin file and get the list of my favourite actors. But i don't know how to modify the link so i get person's movies after clicking on an actor.

sualfred

That's what I'm talking about. Container.Foldername would return "Filmklassiker" in a real Kodi DB, but addons doesn't / can't do it. Container.Foldername is always "EmbyCon". I overwrite this value by the content type so it is a wanna-be bread crumb.

Yeah? I've tried it with a rebuilded URL from the Emby web gui but without any results. I'll try it again. 

pünktchen

That's what I'm talking about. Container.Foldername would return "Filmklassiker" in a real Kodi DB, but addons doesn't / can't do it. Container.Foldername is always "EmbyCon". I overwrite this value by the content type so it is a wanna-be bread crumb.

Thanks, now i understand.

Yeah? I've tried it with a rebuilded URL from the Emby web gui but without any results. I'll try it again.

I'll give you my link later today.

sualfred

Filtering by year is a Kodi core feature. If the label ListItem.Year is filled, which is done by Emby for Kodi and EmbyCon, it works. A skin is not responsible for filtering.