[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

is it possible that the last Embuary Helper update brings performance degradation on Krypton? Everything feels a little slower now.

Angelblue05

is it possible that the last Embuary Helper update brings performance degradation on Krypton? Everything feels a little slower now.

Can you be more specific?

horstepipe

Can you be more specific?

I'll downgrade to prior version to have a direct comparison. Will report back

horstepipe

in general it feels like the cpu has a higher workload now when navigating in the menus. It just feels less "soft" on the Apple TV 4K than before.

But let my try to give you a more detailed description :-)

sualfred

The Krypton version is EOL and has not received any update since months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Angus2064

Ok, you could try disabling next up and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help. 

Yesterday I try to downgrade UpNext to version 1.0.1 ,before with this version I never encountered this problem but even with this version I still get the problem of some random episode not marked watched . So I uninstalled UpNext and I will try to find the version 1.0.0 and see if with a fresh install of the first version of the add-on the problem come again or not. 

I will let you know if this resolve my problem

Edited by Angus2064

Angelblue05

I've been updating up next. I am familiar with the code and I do not see how the addon can cause this issue. Can you provide your Kodi log with debug enabled capturing this behavior?

With 1.0.2, I just added that up next looks at the existing playlist first, and if there is an episode, it will simply seek to the end of the current file, letting Kodi take over playing the next item in the playlist. If there's nothing, then it will trigger as usual (1.0.1).

Keep me posted.

andyxoxo

Hello, am new to Emby (refugee from Plex) and also totally new to Kodi (Leia 18.3) & firesticks (refugee from no longer supported Samsung TV Plex app) and have been testing Embycon & Embuary wirelessly on a new gen2 2016 Firestick.  Thanks for providing these softwares for our enjoyment :-) I installed the Embuary version from the Kodi repository yesterday.

I think I am doing good in solving most of the newness "problems" but one thing is really bothering me about Embycon & Embuary is that I cannot see my "home videos" in Embruary that I have the Emby server pointing to. These files don't need metadata matching. I tried content types "Music Videos"  and "Home Videos & Photos" but still cannot see these "home video" files that the server is pointing to using Embuary so obviously I am unable to play them hence the problem.

i tried creating a custom widget but couldn't figure out where to point it to... can I have some help please on creating a shortcut or widget of some kind pointing to this folder that also gets synced to the Emby server? Sorry if asked before but this thread is 69 pages long :-)

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

Video addons -> EmbyCon -> "Library Home videos & photos" (or something like that)

andyxoxo

Video addons -> EmbyCon -> "Library Home videos & photos" (or something like that)

Okay, after re-creating my "Home Videos" library on the Emby server page and NOT immediately renaming it, now going through the create custom hub process I now see the "Home Videos" folder and I can link to it. Before I could not. So that's good progress but...

I can only play the videos from there only always from the beginning, no progress is ever saved. Is this normal? I went so far as to create a custom widget, pointed it to "Addons ----> Video Add-Ons ---> Embycon ---> "Home Videos - In Progress" and then manually selected that new custom widget to display back at the Enable Custom Hub selection area.

So now when I play a video in that custom hub "Home Videos" hub and then stop that video, I see that custom video in-progress widget flash for a second like it's trying to dispay but then doesn't. After a few seconds I will see it again flash then ultimately disappear again. So it seems to me that no progress is saved from any video in that "Home Videos" custom hub so the new in progress custom widget has nothing to display so it flashes and disappears. 

Is this a fault/bug of Embycon that only videos from TV Shows & Movies progress gets saved and nothing from any other library? Or what am I doing wrong now? ;-) Am doing my best here....

sualfred

That's a better question for the EmbyCon dev.

@@TeamB

You have asked for user input. Here's another one :)

andyxoxo

What happens when you play the items in the Web Client?

Are you able to part play and resume an item using the Web Client?

If you set an item to part played using the Web Client does it them show up in EmbyCon as part played?

Do the items have a runtime durations?

What happens when you play the items in the Web Client? - With the Emby Web Client/server in the browser, the "Home Videos" vid plays fine and when stopped (go back) is seen on the main page under "Continue Watching", as normal. So I went over to the TV and fired up Kodi Embuary (with embycon)  and that vid is now seen under Home Videos Custom Hub Continue Watching (I made a custom widget for that) and I can continue the vid from there. HOWEVER, when played from there and skip ahead to a new time and then stop it, the next time I play that video from there it starts again from the original time that I stopped it on the web client server instead of from the new skipped ahead time. 

Se went back to web client server vid and played it again, skipped ahead to a new time. Went back to Kodi on the TV over in the other room, and played the vid from Continue Watching again and indeed it starts from the new time established on the client server. So playing a vid on the server correctly tells embycon that it was played and the correct time stopped but playing that same vid on embycon doesn't communicate back to the server both that it was even played and thus no correct times....

And still when I play other vids from the Home Videos Custom Hub still using Embycon no progress is saved (don't show as continue watching either in embruary or the server) so yah, not talking to each other....

** Update: Okay, so since I am screwing around with this, instead of accessing the Home Videos custom hub I made on Home Screen of Embruary skin, I went directly to Embycon under Addons ---> Video Addons, scrolled down lengthily the Home Videos library folder and played a vid directly from there and that correctly communicated back to server that it was played and saves the correct time. So went back to Embrary Custom Hub from the Embruary Home Page and that vid now also shows under Continue Watching. But still same problem as before as not communicating back to the server when playing the vid from that location.

So basically anything played from Embruary Home Page Custom Hub that I pointed to in settings under Custom Hub (Enable custom hub) ----> Choose item for menu (Add On) -----> Video Add On ----> Embycon (get directory listing) -----> Library - home vids & photos ----> create menu item to here ----> apply changes     is not being correctly communicated back to the server as being played. They will play but no progress saved as I hopefully explained :-)

Are you able to part play and resume an item using the Web Client? - Yes, that works fine

Do the items have a runtime durations?  yes for sure

---- Am hopeful that this can be duplicated on your end... but perhaps the fault is all my own.... thanks guys

Edited by andyxoxo

andyxoxo

I can not reproduce the issue you are seeing.

When you are playing back the item in Kodi what does your Emby Web Dashboard show, does it show the item being played and its current playback location?

The issue I am having is I can not click to play an item, I need to open the context menu and play it from there. If you start playback like that, using the context menu, then does it track your playback ok?

When you are playing back the item in Kodi what does your Emby Web Dashboard show, does it show the item being played and its current playback location?

- Yes, it shows as being played on device Kodi Embycon. I can just click any video and it plays, unlike you. But doing as you did and playing from the long click context menu, now progress is saved :-) So that's the problem... weird

Quick question while I have your kind attention. I have only tried Embycon and not Emby for Kodi. Have noticed that Embycon seems rather slow because it always has to populate all the movie/tv show metadata posters over and over again while navigating around. Also the videos start much slower than what I was used to with Plex. Are there config selections I can make to speed all this up or do you think Emby for Kodi may be a better choice for me to use? Or is that also as "slow"? I only plan to use Emby when using Kodi with the Embuary skin, none of the other ummm streams that may or may not be found ;-) So would like it to be rather fast navigating/selecting and playing my own videos wirelessly from my server to the tv in the other room...

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

Just tested it quickly and I can play the videos fine from addons->videos->embycon->*node*, just the photos in the "homevideos" library are returning errors. 

sualfred

There is no info dialog for dbtype 'video' in Embuary. Playing just works fine. Direct click or context menu "Play".

2019-08-08 07:29:07.071 T:9184  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.functions|INFO|Sending embycon_play_action : {'auto_resume': '-1', 'audio_stream_index': None, 'force_transcode': False, 'subtitle_stream_index': None, 'item_id': '27423', 'media_source_id': ''}

2019-08-08 07:29:07.158 T:22308  NOTICE: EmbyCon.resources.lib.play_utils|INFO|Received embycon_play_action : {u'auto_resume': u'-1', u'audio_stream_index': None, u'force_transcode': False, u'subtitle_stream_index': None, u'item_id': u'27423', u'media_source_id': u''}
2019-08-08 07:29:07.185 T:22308   ERROR: EmbyCon.resources.lib.downloadutils|ERROR|HTTP response error: 500 Internal Server Error

sualfred

I fixed the issue with the missing info dialog locally and enabled at least a minified plot-dialog with a play button.

Photos:

How do you even "play" photos? With Emby for Kodi it's required to open that node in Kodi's pictures window and a slideshow will work well.

2019-08-08 07:50:53.569 Info HttpServer: HTTP HEAD http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df. UserAgent: Kodi/18.3 (Windows NT 10.0.18362; Win64; x64) App_Bitness/64 Version/18.3-Git:20190731-862f9401bd
2019-08-08 07:50:53.571 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.11. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df
2019-08-08 07:50:53.572 Info HttpServer: HTTP HEAD http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df. UserAgent: Kodi/18.3 (Windows NT 10.0.18362; Win64; x64) App_Bitness/64 Version/18.3-Git:20190731-862f9401bd
2019-08-08 07:50:53.573 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.11. Time: 1ms. http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df
2019-08-08 07:50:53.574 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df. UserAgent: Kodi/18.3 (Windows NT 10.0.18362; Win64; x64) App_Bitness/64 Version/18.3-Git:20190731-862f9401bd
2019-08-08 07:50:53.856 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 206 to 192.168.2.11. Time: 283ms. http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/79531/Images/Backdrop/0?Format=original&Tag=16843d542cd30fa095a6600ef89c80df
2019-08-08 07:50:57.804 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Users/b5946d68e7ca418c860160addaad6ce6/Items/27423?format=json. UserAgent: EmbyCon-1.9.26
2019-08-08 07:50:57.808 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.11. Time: 4ms. http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Users/b5946d68e7ca418c860160addaad6ce6/Items/27423?format=json
2019-08-08 07:50:57.817 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/27423/PlaybackInfo?. UserAgent: EmbyCon-1.9.26
2019-08-08 07:50:57.822 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.2.0.40
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
    Operating system: Unix 4.19.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.InvalidCastException: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Photo' to type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasMediaSources'.
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetStaticMediaSources(BaseItem item, Boolean enableAlternateMediaSources, Boolean enablePathSubstitution, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, User user)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetPlayackMediaSources(BaseItem item, User user, Boolean allowMediaProbe, String probeMediaSourceId, Boolean enablePathSubstitution, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(BaseItem item, User user, Boolean allowMediaProbe, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String mediaSourceId, String liveStreamId)
     at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.Post(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 host, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.MediaSourceInfo] GetStaticMediaSources(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem, Boolean, Boolean, MediaBrowser.Model.Configuration.LibraryOptions, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)

2019-08-08 07:50:57.822 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.2.11. Time: 5ms. http://192.168.2.250:8096/emby/Items/27423/PlaybackInfo?

sualfred

Thanks.

@@Angelblue05

You should also add a custom one for your dynamic node, so it can be accessed thru the videos window to save progress etc. on video items.

andyxoxo

Hi, as you can tell by my previous posts in the past couple of days I have been playing around with the Embuary skin with Embycon (refugee from Plex). I would like to report two problems I am having which I believe are directly related to the Embuary skin and not to Embycon:

1) Can't click on and play videos that have saved progress from the custom widget I created for "Home Videos and Photos" on the Embuary home page. The video's context menu comes up first then have to select play. (if the vid has no saved progress then click play fine, no context menu appears):  I did In Settings:  Home edit menu configuration >> Add a widget  > point it to addon > video add on > embycon > Create widget to library "Home Videos & Photos" 

So now all my "Home Videos" appear here inside this newly created widget on the home page, very cool but they only play with a click if they have no saved progress. If they have saved progress then clicking on it automatically brings up the context menu instead of playing and then you have to select play.

2) When opening Plex for Kodi using Embuary skin, the Embuary video player OSD appears behind the internal/integral Plex video player OSD. So basically you call up the Plex OSD and you get both. This can't be right and doesn't happen when using the default Kodi skin...

Thanks much :-) 

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

1 -> Be sure you configured the widget. "videos" has to be selected.

2 -> No support for this addon in this combination. It does very bad hacks that cause such issues.

andyxoxo

1 -> Be sure you configured the widget. "videos" has to be selected.

Can you please explain by what you mean by "videos has to be selected"? Where exactly do you mean please?

I tried the following two paths that both give the same result when clicking a video under "Home Videos & Photos" that have saved progress (context menu comes up instead of playing). Where am I going wrong?

Under Home edit menu configuration > Add a widget:

Path 1 : Video Library > Video Add On > Embycon Video Add on > Library Home Videos & Photos. Create menu item to here, apply changes.

Path 2 : Add on > Video Add on > Embycon Video Add On >  Library Home Videos & Photos. Create menu item to here, apply changes.

Also upgraded your skin today to v18.7.16... the left click side menu has changed (after installation didn't respect my previous left click side menu settings), and now there are settings under Misc that weren't there before such as weather. Am 100% sure there are (were) skin settings someplace to change what is listed on that left side menu but for the life of me now I can't find them anymore. Were they removed?

Edited by andyxoxo

sualfred

When you set a custom widget you have to configure it aswell to set the target. There is a option below the path where you are able to define the layout etc.

The sidebar has been reworked because users wanted to have their library nodes there. All other customizable options has been dropped. If you want to remove or add additional items you just have to edit your main menu.

jonomite

When I click on one of my in progress movies, in addition to "Resume from..." and "Play from beginning" I now have a third option of The Movie Database (TMDb). When I click on it and then back out and click on the same item again, the TMDb option is gone. Is this expected behavior?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

sualfred

Yes, this is an issue. Already fixed on GitHub and will be gone in the next version.

• Like 1

evensteven

Since 18.7.16 and the sidebar changes there are a few visual glitches in the system information screens. Flickering on the left and empty lines in „info“,“network“ and „graphics“. Also a new line for the version of the info script probably makes sense.