#81 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • Local time: 07:12 AM
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

That's no skin issue and it works on my side. Without the log of Kodi it's hard to say what was happening.
  • Angelblue05 likes this

#82 Angelblue05 OFFLINE  

Angelblue05

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 12610 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

If only people would post their log automagically, they'd get their issue resolved twice as quickly in most cases... I personally feel like a parrot constantly saying, post your log! post your log! post your log...  :lol:

Edited by Angelblue05, 16 October 2017 - 04:58 AM.

• CBers, AlwinHummels and im85288 like this

#83 im85288 OFFLINE  

im85288

Kodi Kruncher

• Developers
  • 2698 posts
  • LocationGeordie Land

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:12 AM

Indeed..my guess is it’s the normal direct paths issue. But obviously that’s a guess and of course nothing to do with this skin so should be reported in the main kodi section

#84 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1678 posts
  • Local time: 01:12 AM
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank you for this skin! I just installed it last night on my laptop and Shield TV. I am using the Silicon Dust unofficial PVR skin (on the Shield) and the plugin on my laptop. I love the way your skin integrates seamlessly with it.

I have one question and it may just be personal preference - is there any difference (one better than the other) between using the Kodi plugin for Emby vs Embycon? I usually use the Kodi plugin but I notice there are some additional buttons that refer to Embycon and I wasn't sure if when you built this skin you were more thinking with Embycon and that one would work better? 

Anyway, thanks again for creating this skin. It works great so far.

#85 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

If you only use Emby as your media storage -> Emby plugin. With this one you get the most out of the skin.

#86 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1678 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Ok, good to know. Thanks. Yes, I only use Emby as my media storage now.

#87 im85288 OFFLINE  

im85288

Kodi Kruncher

• Developers
  • 2698 posts
  • LocationGeordie Land

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hi, with regards the EmbyCon integration (which I know is wip) when it’s complete will it hide the additional entry’s (eg movie hub etc) that point at EmbyCons listings when “use embycon” is not selected in the skin settings?

For me it seems like duplicate data especially when the Emby for Kodi addon is installed and being used to manage the local db. Where it could be more useful imho is if Emby for Kodi is not installed (maybe the user is using plexkodiconnect or maybe just plain vanilla Kodi) and wants to then navigate their Emby media via embycon.

#88 Jdiesel ONLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2702 posts
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

I somehow missed that there is a version for testing released. Looks like I will be rolling back to Krypton and doing some testing tonight :)

#89 chattojimnow OFFLINE  

chattojimnow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Local time: 02:12 PM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:58 AM

Hi love the alpha release. love the work... just a small thing.... is there a way or future dev. to change main categories from just tv shows and movies, to maybe library hdds

#90 Jdiesel ONLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2702 posts
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

On the home screen the Next Up view shows the series rather than the episode, is this by design or a limitation? Skin looks great BTW

#91 im85288 OFFLINE  

im85288

Kodi Kruncher

• Developers
  • 2698 posts
  • LocationGeordie Land

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

It's be design...Estuary does the same. As long as you followed the install procedure (I think it recommends to set auto select next unwatched episode etc) then it works very well. Although I'm still not sure if I would prefer to see the actual season/episode number of the next watched episode.

Ideally I would prefer continue watching and next up to be combined...for that reason I disabled the continue watching in the skin settings.

By the way (I think @sualfred did not mention it)...if you prefer a different theme there is a "material" color scheme which can be selected from the same page you select the skin 

#92 Jdiesel ONLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2702 posts
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

A couple of comments

1) There is no "OK" or confirmation button on the add source dialogue menu. Have to revert to another skin to add a source at the moment

2) No selection "wrap around". Meaning that once your active selection gets to the end of the area it does not jump to the opposite side. This is also missing on the keyboard. (Sorry for bad explanation)

#93 yardameus OFFLINE  

yardameus

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 721 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

Love the design.  So different from all Kodi skins.  It's weird using a Kodi skin that is like the web interface.  Well done.  Even for an Alpha I have little to no complaints.  Any issues so far would be from my inability to adjust from standard Kodi skins.  Stick to your guns, there will be a ton of people who love what you are doing.

#94 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:58 AM

@Jdiesel

Is fixed, thanks for the hint.

I don't like wraping, so it won't be included.

#95 joggs OFFLINE  

joggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

I am missing a way to manually check for updates to plugins without entering each one of them.

/joggs

#96 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

I am missing a way to manually check for updates to plugins without entering each one of them.

/joggs

Thanks, forgot to add the menu to the addonbrowser. Fixed and update is already pushed to the repo.

• xnappo, yardameus and joggs like this

#97 e123enitan OFFLINE  

e123enitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

A lot has been done recently based on the thread but I haven't had chance to update, if I may ask or request option to add or remove menu, my emby has various node like sports, movied, kids etc it would be nice if the skin have option to add or remove menus, great work.
Thanks

Edited by e123enitan, 22 October 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#98 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

Not at the moment. I know Emby is designed to have different categories and library nodes, but Kodi isn't. It's also complicated because Kodi has no hubs by default and I just faked it with custom ones. That's means a lot of tricky script implementation has to be done. And to be honest, that's the reason why genres do exist. You still can use the custom widget feature for the home screen if EmbyCon supports such nodes.

Edited by sualfred, 22 October 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#99 e123enitan OFFLINE  

e123enitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

No worries it would nice to have, may be in the future, but could youbqmake it possible to hide vidoes,program menu so it's not visible for messing with.
Thanks

#100 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

The movie/show buttons are only visible as soon as the Kodi DB has content or if EmbyCon is installed (to access the hubs). Why do you want to disable it? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

tchirou