[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

• Swapped widget positions in PVR hub

Thanks for adding that :-)

Feedback 18.6.7 Leia - Kodi RC5.2 Win - Emby for Kodi 3.144a :

When the below setting is used, recordings (DVBLink PVR) won't play (from PVR Hub > Recordings button > select a recording > click watch now:

- Settings > Media settings > Videos > Default select action = Show information

In my DVBLink Kodi test profile with  Estuary, I don't have this problem. I suspect the setting "Show Information" conflicts with requesting information, while Kodi is already on the information page.

When Default select action is set to "Play", recordings play fine. Is this a Kodi issue or a skin issue ?

Thanks for the quick fix !

Edited the two xml's with the changes on my system and confirmed working now :-)

muppets4

Great looking skin. Is it possible to set the default viewing option to ‘episode-vertical’ somehow? I can manually set the recording folders to it, but I will have to do every folder manaully. And new folders also. I am sure there is an option buried somewhere, hope someone can tell me where.

sualfred

You are using EmbyCon, aren't you? Because with a native library it's going to be remembered.

@

I know you dropped the viewtype override for EmbyCon to get to the official Kodi repo. If you will ever decide to don't care about it anymore it would be nice to have it back directly in the addon. That's more userfriendly.

muppets4

You are using EmbyCon, aren't you? Because with a native library it's going to be remembered

EmbyCon? I must look into it

Is it possible to set the default viewing option to ‘episode-vertical’ somehow? I can manually set the recording folders to it, but I will have to do every folder manaully. And new folders also.

You are using EmbyCon, aren't you? Because with a native library it's going to be remembered.

I'm also missing the option for a setting in Skin for a default view, WHEN from going into a recordings folder (when you are in Recordings "Folder structure view"), going into the recordings folder of a TV show with episodes.

Users with Kodi PVR's (TVH, DVBLink, TVMosaic etc) mostly have a large library or recordings with a lot of folders already, so a default view setting would be very appreciated. Also this default setting would also solve the problem with new Recording folders just as @muppets4 describes, because now, it always defaults to "Wide", while I also prefer "Episode-Vertical".

can you add the option to use descrete play and pause instead of the combined play/pause command?

also FF/REV doesnt work with this skin, i have to use the left and right D-Pad buttons.

sualfred

No to descrete play/pause buttons. Because only one of them is valid at the time. And both have the same actions. It's wasting space.

FF/REV are working fine on my end. In what kind of playback doesn't it work for you?

yeah it would be nice to have that again, there is an addon that can do it that @@xnappo wrote, it was all the bits to set the view from EmbyCon put in its own addon. It is called ViewMaster and is in the beta repo.

ViewMaster doesn't support Embuary Lei (yet).

No to descrete play/pause buttons. Because only one of them is valid at the time. And both have the same actions. It's wasting space.

FF/REV are working fine on my end. In what kind of playback doesn't it work for you?

only one is valid at a time? if im FFing, i have to pause then play to resume....very clunky! can you add descrete play if FF/REV is in use?

MKV

sualfred

@@spl147

If I FF a movie the Pause icon switches to a Play icon. If you hit it it will stop FF and resumes normal playback.

See:

(the last scene of Paul Walker was captured coincidentally and has nothing to mean ^^)

@@spl147

If I FF a movie the Pause icon switches to a Play icon. If you hit it it will stop FF and resumes normal playback.

See:

(the last scene of Paul Walker was captured coincidentally and has nothing to mean ^^)

im using a remote with play and pause buttons on it, if FFing and i hit Play it pauses

sualfred

@@Senna

I remembered why the episode stuff isn't working/ignored the viewmaster -> I made a skin based forced setting to always use the selected episode view. It should remember the viewtype. Where exactly do you face the issue?

@@Senna

I remembered why the episode stuff isn't working/ignored the viewmaster -> I made a skin based forced setting to always use the selected episode view. It should remember the viewtype. Where exactly do you face the issue?

It's in the PVR hub in Recordings:

1) when you are in "Folder structure" view where you can see all the Series recording folders (in for example Wide view)

2) go into the Series recording folder, where all the episodes are.

When I create a new Series recording in DVBLink or TVMosaic, the default view in (2) is always Wide, when you enter that Series folder for the FIRST time.

There is nothing wrong with remembering the user view setting after you enter it the second time AFTER you have changed it once, but it would be nice if I can set the view for (2) into "Episode-Vertical" as default, so that when you enter this folder for the first time when DVBLink/TVMosaic creates a new Series folder, it is already set at "Episode-vertical".

So maybe ViewMaster is only working for a Movies and TV show library and not for the PVR hub.

sualfred

The PVR recordings have no content type so it could be everything. In my example I don't use folders at all. And Kodi only remembers the view per folder for it. So there is no way to to force a view by me or the ViewMaster.

The PVR recordings have no content type so it could be everything. In my example I don't use folders at all. And Kodi only remembers the view per folder for it. So there is no way to to force a view by me or the ViewMaster.

OK, thanks for clearing that up :)

horstepipe

Hey @@sualfred @@Angelblue05

sorry if this topic was already purged and I didn't get it :-)

Fred you wrote somewhere to Angelblue that it was possible to keep the progress bars visible if she'd provide something to you in the e4k addon. Will this be implemented in a future update?

Edited by horstepipe
  • Like 1

sualfred

Still possible but has no high priority. There are other things to be done at first.

• Like 2

sualfred

@@horstepipe

With the latest addon + embuary you will see a small indicator in the headerbar. It's visible during syncs and background sync/update activity between the server and Kodi.

• Like 1

Jogi1986

Good evening,

first many thanks for this great Skin @sualfred.
Everything is fine so far and I like the skin very well.

Currently I have the version 17.6.8a under Kodi 17.6 installed on an Apple TV 4K.

What I do not like though is the lack of logos during playback at the top left. Instead, the movie is simply written. Nice to find, I personally, if there is shown the movie logo.

Is there a chance that the Logo Support will still be available when playing?

But otherwise a top skin, which I can recommend to every Emby user.