[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Is there a way to get more hubs? I can only add one custom hub?

Edit:

Question

I have the kodi netflix addon

using embruary skin, i made a custom hub for netflix

and some widgets

The widgets are pointing to the neflix addon parts: 

- populair

- top 10

- Trending

- Netflix originals

However when i hit the widget to play, nothing happens?

Edited by skank

• 4 weeks later...
illuvatar

I've started using Embuary as a skin for Kodi and I really like the set up. Only thing that I'd like to add is a TMDb rating of movies/tvshows in the list view.

If you select the  'slide' view after going to All TV Shows or Movies, then the rating does show up, but I'd like it to show up in the list view as well. The list view only shows a banner, the title, the year and a description on the left side. Is there any way to add the rating to that info?

• 2 weeks later...
Popeye2468
On 13/10/2020 at 18:23, skank said:

Nobody? Pity no much support here

Hi go to the custom widget section and set the content type in this case videos

already an ides when this skin will be available for Kodi Matrix (V19) ? I am using Embycon and not having a Kodi DB it dows not make sense to change to V19...

• Like 2

DiscoDuck79
On 11/24/2020 at 7:02 PM, Random9 said:

Hi

I was wondering does this skin include rotten tomatoes, metacritic and imdb scores.

I see Rotten tomatoes and what I think is tmdb rating.

50 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I see Rotten tomatoes and what I think is tmdb rating.

Nice, I will install this plugin in Kodi. When metadata is stored on the emby server is that then pulled to the Kodi.

DiscoDuck79
1 hour ago, Random9 said:

Nice, I will install this plugin in Kodi. When metadata is stored on the emby server is that then pulled to the Kodi.

Yes, using Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon

1 minute ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Yes, using Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon

Thanks. On my server when I scan my tvshows I get no ratings or scores from RT, TMDB, or TheTVDB. Do I need to be a premium user in order to get these scores.

DiscoDuck79
41 minutes ago, Random9 said:

Thanks. On my server when I scan my tvshows I get no ratings or scores from RT, TMDB, or TheTVDB. Do I need to be a premium user in order to get these scores.

Not sure, check that you have the plugins enabled on your server, in Kodi I think that it's handled by the emby helper script that's installed during the Embuary setup

14 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Not sure, check that you have the plugins enabled on your server, in Kodi I think that it's handled by the emby helper script that's installed during the Embuary setup

Currently I have embuary installed and also the emby plugin. But all I get is user score, do I need to have api keys inserted for RT, TMDB, or TheTVDB.

DiscoDuck79
1 hour ago, Random9 said:

Currently I have embuary installed and also the emby plugin. But all I get is user score, do I need to have api keys inserted for RT, TMDB, or TheTVDB.

API key for OMDB in Embuary info, enable RT in Embuary - Playback & Media - Media

On 11/26/2020 at 2:12 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

API key for OMDB in Embuary info, enable RT in Embuary - Playback & Media - Media

API key for OMDB costs cash. I have RT enabled. But all I am getting is user score as a red star.

DiscoDuck79
26 minutes ago, Random9 said:

API key for OMDB costs cash. I have RT enabled. But all I am getting is user score as a red star.

No it doesn't

13 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

No it doesn't

Okay I guess that depends on what you mean. Its FREE! (1,000 daily limit) in this regard.

I inserted the free API key now but all I get is the red star user score.

Edited by Random9

TheFreeMan

I created several movie playlists so I can watch movies in release order, chorological order, etc. I created these using the Emby web client connected to my Emby docker service earlier this year (the directories are all dated Jan 2020). I'm quite certain that I had a shortcut to Playlists in the Home menu in my Embruary skin on my Kodi box where I also have short cuts to some of my favorites (for sports events that don't get added to the library).

I went to look for one of the playlists to start watching some Marvel movies, but realized I couldn't find them in Embruary. I've confirmed (from a desktop browser) that the playlists are there (config/data/playlists), but I don't see anywhere in Embruary to access playlists. I've wandered all around the menu config, and don't see them. I've tried adding a playlists link in somewhere, anywhere, but cannot find an option to add it in.

Some searching here turned up these two posts:

On 12/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, horstepipe said:

Hey Fred,

may I ask why you removed the Emby playlist node from the default main menu structure? Most users won't figure out that there is this functionality at all.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, sualfred said:

Again. I replaced the menu logic with the node method/recognozation. All other Emby ones have to be manually set.

Does this mean that playlists are no longer available in Embruary, or that I'm just blind and cannot see it when I'm attempting to add it in somwhere?

I'm running:

• LibreELEC 9.0.2
  • Kodi 18.2
  • Embruary skin 18.8.9
  • Embruary Helper Script 1.4.9
  • Emby for Kodi 4.1.21

What other info might you need to be able to help troubleshoot?

jluce50

Ever since updating Kodi to 18.9 I've been getting a bunch of the following errors. I reinstalled Kodi but that didn't fix it. Is anyone else seeing this?

2020-11-29 12:51:36.636 T:4232   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name Latin5BulgarianModel
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\startup.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from youtube_plugin.kodion import service
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                from .abstract_provider import AbstractProvider
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from . import utils
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                from .http_server import get_http_server, is_httpd_live, get_client_ip_address
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\http_server.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\__init__.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                import chardet
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.chardet\lib\chardet\__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from .universaldetector import UniversalDetector
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.chardet\lib\chardet\universaldetector.py", line 48, in <module>
                                                from .sbcsgroupprober import SBCSGroupProber
                                              File "C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.chardet\lib\chardet\sbcsgroupprober.py", line 35, in <module>
                                                from .langbulgarianmodel import Latin5BulgarianModel, Win1251BulgarianModel
                                            ImportError: cannot import name Latin5BulgarianModel
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

feerlessleadr
13 hours ago, Pog22 said:

Kodi on my Shield auto updated to matrix and now this skin doesn't work. Is there a matrix version? Or what are my options?

no matrix version right now it looks like.

feerlessleadr

@Luke Any chance there are plans from the emby team to take up this skin if @sualfred decides to move on?

(not saying he has or or has not, just asking the question in case it does happen)