[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

geotux

... and I'm wondering if it's possible to add a music party mix function. (random playlist).

Ohh, this would be a cool function ... yes, I agree this seems like cool skin ... can't wait to install it.

otispresley

Hi folks,

would installing this Emby skin be the way to make Kodi more Emby friendly? I find it frustrating that after Kodi has parsed my Emby server for media sources, I actually have to go to "Add-Ons" to access the media where I find the same folder structure I have on my EMby server i.e. under "Movies" in the main Kodi Home menu, it's empty and it says "if you want to add media to your library, .... then ....".

Thanks

I assume from this that you are using EmbyCon rather than Emby for Kodi. Yes, this skin will display the data you are looking for. BTW, you will get the data in the default Estuary skin if you use Emby for Kodi, but then it will have to synchronize with Emby and create all the items in the local Kodi database; it can take some time initially and can end up being a lot of data for larger libraries.

geotux

Actually, no, the Emby for Kodi. In fact, every time I turn on the Ras 3 unit, it syncs with server. Is EmbyCon a better solution for those that pretty much only have Kodi devices connected to their Emby server like myself?

Edited by geotux

Angelblue05

Do you have the Kodi companion plugin installed? My multiple Kodi instances take a 2-3 seconds at start, only syncs what I interacted with.

yardameus

Hi folks,

would installing this Emby skin be the way to make Kodi more Emby friendly? I find it frustrating that after Kodi has parsed my Emby server for media sources, I actually have to go to "Add-Ons" to access the media where I find the same folder structure I have on my EMby server i.e. under "Movies" in the main Kodi Home menu, it's empty and it says "if you want to add media to your library, .... then ....".

Thanks

Does your RasPi have proper access to the server?  Have you enabled paths in emby server?  Movies should appear under the Movies heading without going into add-ons.  Try tinkering with it, native mode, double and triple check your server settings.  

evensteven

I would love the feature to jump from a movies info/detail screen to the box set. If one is present of course. I sometimes find myself wondering what happened in earlier movies. But now you have to at least either search or move back to the home screen or the movie hub and click your way to get there. Is that possible? :)

Edited by evensteven

sualfred

Good idea. Will be integrated, but please keep in mind that will only work for local database items (Emby For Kodi, not EmbyCon).

• Like 1

sualfred

Important:
I've pushed a new version a few seconds ago and there is a high chance that your custom widgets are messed up, because I reworked the complete logic for it.
You are now able to configure them globally, but you have to assign them manually for now on.

If you are facing any issues -> Please try to reset the widget configurations at first before you report it as problem/bug.

evensteven

Good idea. Will be integrated, but please keep in mind that will only work for local database items (Emby For Kodi, not EmbyCon).

An idea for something similar for tv show detail screens. The following two breadcrumbs:

epsiode->season

episode->show

season->show

Edit:

I would add both crumbs to the episode detail screen. that way most possible ways you would navigate through a tv show are covered. I know in most situations you can just press the back button on the remote, but buttons in the gui would be nice to have for situations like opening the info screen of an episode from the player. 

Edited by evensteven

EliteCube

This Skin dont work with "Mixed Content"  :( 
I need it for "Docus" and "Animes"

If i add a mixed content in menu editor only the dashboard works with "New .." etc. if i click on "All Movies" i see only the Emby Plugin Folder structure.
So i think i use the custom menu, but it works for "mixed content" tv show but not with movies
Movie names:

I love Emby for this library mode, on my old Plex i need to add 4 librarys for 2 sections:
Anime-Movies, Anime-Shows, Docu-Movies, Docu-Shows
it would be a pity to have to go here too

I hope it will be part of Embuary

sualfred

Kodi doesn't know "mixed content" so it will never be working.

Edited by sualfred

EliteCube

Kodi doesn't know "mixed content" so it will never be working.

The problem is the Skin-Menu...

Default Kodi / this Skin think its a "Music Library", other Skins "Titan", "Arctic: Zephyr" have a Menu-Editor with custom edit, so change "Music,library:xxxxxxx" to "Videos,library:xxxxxxx" and Bingo, it works. So you can create Mixed Content and Kodi can add it as Videos, TvShows, Music

Your Skin have also a "Custom Menu Link" but its a other link in your skin (library:emby....) example Arctic: Zephyr (Videos,library:emby....)

Also the field is empty :( the emby addon library have a long string... this is hard to write with hands, example Arctic have a option to edit a own link.

I hope its a option in future, i love your skin. And Mixed-Content is a base from emby, you see for mixed content you need only to edit what is in this libray, maybe a Emby-for-Kodi Addon bug? i dont know. The addon works correct he split mixed content to "- movies", "- tvshows" but Skins become a signal its a Music library, im not a pro i dont know, who is the problem (Skins or the Addon)

But with custom menu string  it works correct without problems

Ony i dont know in Embuary how to change a custom menü from "Music" to "Videos" ?

Edited by Seimann

fneves

Hello! Great work on the skin, I love it and use it on my Android TV (nVidia Shield TV).

I also wanted to use it on my windows tablet and I've tried it, but the skin doesn't support mouse by the looks of it.

I can't "touch/click" and scroll anything, would it be possible to add touch support?

Thanks!

sualfred

Nope, sorry. Too much invisible controls, which are required to get everything working. 

fneves

Nope, sorry. Too much invisible controls, which are required to get everything working. 

Ok, thanks anyway!

sualfred

For the ones who haven't noticed it yet -> There is a new view type available for episodes which looks similar to the episode list of Emby Theater.

As usual it's only available to local database and EmbyCon items.

68kHcq4h.png

9DDspV9h.png

• Like 3

horstepipe

Sweet.

I‘m pretty sure it was available on former versions of your skin:

Show custom season titles. I named some seasons

Staffel 1 (eng)

for example in Emby Server.

Would be nice if you could bring that back.

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

? It was always "Season %i". The Kodi season node is a virtual node, which is generated by Kodi based on the season integer value in the local database. 

horstepipe

? It was always "Season %i". The Kodi season node is a virtual node, which is generated by Kodi based on the season integer value in the local database. 

mhh okay that's strange, I'm absolutely sure it worked on prior versions. But I checked up Estuary and there it's gone, too. So I guess this is because of changes made in Emby server itself @@Luke?

It's a pity because some shows like American Horror Story have real season names like "Asylum"

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1413-american-horror-story/seasons

sualfred

No clue. I always used the season integer value. I wasn't even aware that the Kodi DB supports custom labels for a season.

• Like 1

horstepipe

No clue. I always used the season integer value. I wasn't even aware that the Kodi DB supports custom labels for a season.

okay, yes it does :-) Unfortunately it does not support season plot.

sualfred

Nope, no field for it in the database. For whatever reason.