[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Naixam

Hello, first of all thanks for this awesome skin. I'm using it on my  4K  Sony TV with Kodi 17 and it works fine.

Got just a small issue: the font is a bit small on my tv....tried to change it in settings but there are only 2 options and are all the same. Is there a way to load some custom fonts or increase the size of the default one?

Oh almost forgot i have another Android TV with SPMC that is based on Kodi 16...will this skin work on it?

Thanks and keep up the good work :)   

sualfred

I already increased the font in the past, but this is the maximum. Otherwise you will only see cropped labels everywhere. And I don't have any issues running it on 3m distance on a 47" and on 5m distance with a 55".

Kodi 16 is not supported.

• Like 1

Naixam

I already increased the font in the past, but this is the maximum. Otherwise you will only see cropped labels everywhere. And I don't have any issues running it on 3m distance on a 47" and on 5m distance with a 55".

Kodi 16 is not supported.

Ok thanks for your reply.

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

abescalamis

For anyone who is interested:

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary is now for Leia (under heavy development)

https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary/tree/Krypton is now for Krypton

Embuary for Leia will be available on the repos as soon as Kodi 18 gets more stable. 

​​​​​​​

I wanted to ask if your Leia version is usable of is too early to try it?

Edited by abescalamis

sualfred

I would wait. I'm currently in contact with the Kodi devs because the PVR section needs some love with the GUI elements and if you are running Windows you will have a lot of missing pictures because of a PNG handling issue. And the random crashes are also annoying ;)

abescalamis

I would wait. I'm currently in contact with the Kodi devs because the PVR section needs some love with the GUI elements and if you are running Windows you will have a lot of missing pictures because of a PNG handling issue. And the random crashes are also annoying ;)

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, I will wait! regarding the skin I wanted to suggest adding the rating to the poster or an option for it (like in the estuary mod), I also wanted to ask if is possible to access the information screen after selecting a movie and then play the movie from there to mimic exactly how emby works.

The skin is already awesome without the above, I even want to use it on the kodi's I use that don't run emby.

Edited by abescalamis

sualfred

No to the ratings. The amount of labels per screen is already hard to the limit before we cause a speed penalty. This is a minimalist skin, sorry.

There is a option to display the info dialog first (Kodi internal setting). But it will cause issues on some widgets. I suggest you to keep it disabled.

abescalamis

I wanted to tell you that I install the skin on Kodi 18 (Nvidia Shield TV), and works good, I'm not using emby on that Kodi device, So I wouldn't know if it will work for other people to use with emby.

Great skin!!! Well done

JDizzy

What exactly do you mean with video theme backdrops?

After thinking about this a bit more, I realized that when I used to have the video backdrops enabled, I also had to have the addon TV Tunes enabled.

The video backdrops are just that, rather than a static image when browsing movies, there is a video playing in the background.

It is something most Emby clients have but I have to remember we are using Kodi here.

Thanks for your work.

JDizzy

Just wondering...

I am trying to create a custom button for the Home menu.

I choose music>playlist>playlist name and then choose the option to Play it when clicked.

When I go to the Home screen and choose the new button, nothing is happening.

Is it possibly something I missed, or maybe something else?

Thanks

sualfred

Ah, I see. Should be a bug. Will take care of it as soon as I find some minutes. Thanks.

sualfred

Fixed on GitHub for the Leia and Krypton branch.

Will be included in the next update.

JDizzy

Fixed on GitHub for the Leia and Krypton branch.

Will be included in the next update.

Downloaded Krypton and replaced files.

I can create button for Home screen...

If I choose to option to Display files when creating, when clicked, it works as intended bringing up a the playlist of songs to view. (when creating button, you can choose Content type)

If I choose Play when creating, when clicked, it takes me to playlist folder. (note that in button creation screen, Content type is greyed out not allowing you to choose) if that means anything

While we are here, would you consider adding Artist Slideshow to Music Visualization options? 

I know there are several options there already but like Artist Slideshow because of its fallback images if no fanart found.

Thanks

sualfred

I've tested it with music and video playlist and it always starts the playback. Sorry, cannot reproduce it. Maybe providing a log is helpful in this case.

And sorry no to Artist Slideshow. I had too much issues with it in the past.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Hey

Since the last versions I don’t get rotten tomatoes and metacritic ratings anymore, did something break here?

It also caught my eye that I’m not able to press on an actor in movie details screen to get a list of all movies he collaborated as I can do in Estuary: Is this feature on your todo?

Best regards

sualfred

Rotten and metacritic ratings are provided by Marcels skin helper scripts. And you have to own a omdb API key, which has to be entered in the metadatautils service script of him.

For the cast thing: Be sure you have extendedinfo script installed

horstepipe

Rotten and metacritic ratings are provided by Marcels skin helper scripts. And you have to own a omdb API key, which has to be entered in the metadatautils service script of him.

For the cast thing: Be sure you have extendedinfo script installed

Both is true here.

The actor list shows up fine in Estuary.

horstepipe

Let me remember how and where I got that api key from. I’m donating 1$/month for it, that’s all I know :-)

Maybe it’s not valid anymore.

teksonic

Strange issue

My "Settings" option has disappeared from the pop out side bar.   I had assumed I turned something off.  So to test I installed the skin on my test vm and tried to replicate the issue.  But even turning off everything in the side bar I still have 'settings' ('Home' and 'Power' of course are there also).  So not sure if it's a bug or just a glitch on my end but I thought I would report it.

edit:
In fact no options will show under that section other than power,  turning them on and off in the skin settings does nothing.

Edited by teksonic

sualfred

Enabled kiosk mode? Press "s" to access the shutdownmenu and enable it again in the skin settings.

teksonic

Enabled kiosk mode? Press "s" to access the shutdownmenu and enable it again in the skin settings.

/facepalm

yep, sure did.