[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

andre3030

What I'm missing is a way to play random music tracks from library.

In the standard skin you could press the party button and a auto playlist would be created. 

sualfred

@@Davide

Both have pros and cons. I always prefer Emby for Kodi, but the recent improvements of EmbyCon makes it a beast. With the upcoming version of Embuary EmbyCon gets a new and improved integration. Null_pointer did some magic which helps me to integrate it better than ever.

It's up to you and both solutions are great.

@@andre3030

Nice catch, forgot it. Will be added.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

sualfred

@@All

The update of today includes a new EmbyCon integration. It's required that the latest EmbyCon beta is installed. 

chjohans

Won't be added. It's already a tricky implementation.

Ok, not a big deal.

That's a stupid Kodi behaviour and the reason why I don't use subfolders in recordings ^^ 

So is it not possible to do something about this? It really would be nice if I didn't have to keep setting the view I wan't over and over.

Please check your weather provider settings.

For some reason my openweathermaps API key had been deleted, all is well again now and weather works just fine.

You have to press "back" to get to the top menu. 

That does not work at all for me. Normally the TV Guide "menu" can be opened by the "left arrow" command, but that now opens the Embuary sidebar menu. The "back" command just goes back to whatever was my previous screen before I opened the TV Guide window. I have no way to access the TV Guide menu with the Embuary skin installed, and I kind of need this menu to chose which channels to show in the guide.

sualfred

So is it not possible to do something about this? It really would be nice if I didn't have to keep setting the view I wan't over and over.

Nope, Kodi controlled. I only can force it by disabling other views compeletly so only the list view would be possible.

That does not work at all for me. Normally the TV Guide "menu" can be opened by the "left arrow" command, but that now opens the Embuary sidebar menu. The "back" command just goes back to whatever was my previous screen before I opened the TV Guide window. I have no way to access the TV Guide menu with the Embuary skin installed, and I kind of need this menu to chose which channels to show in the guide.

"Back" always works in the guide. And "left" never worked, because it just moves the guide timeline.

Are we talking about the same guide? Could you please provide me a screenshot?

nyplayer

With the latest release of Embuary using embycon in the all movies also all TVShows section the Genres(EmbyCon) is messed up it shows recorded movies etc ... but no genres.

​False Alarm reboot of ShieldTV fixed it..

Edited by nyplayer

sualfred

Yep. 

I assume that's a photo of the common TV show hub, isn't it?

I think we need a log of Kodi to see where the problem is.

Edit:

Please also let me know if the genre widgets and nodes are working in the new introduced EmbyCon hub windows.

Edited by sualfred

nyplayer

Yep. 

Yes it is I will post a log ... in a few minutes ...

nyplayer

Yep. 

Edit:

Please also let me know if the genre widgets and nodes are working in the new introduced EmbyCon hub windows.

I rebooted my Shield and everything is working now.... I must say great job on the new updates ... it looks AWESOME.

Edited by nyplayer

sualfred

ITCrow.jpg

;)

Thanks for letting us know that it's working now.

I guess the widget contents still used the old paths after the update. That explains why a complete "reload" fixed it.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Hey

„Change Menü thumbnails“ throws a toolbox Script error after choosing a menu item.

I tried this option because since the last update (which brought good news for EmbyCon users, I’m on Emby for Kodi) I don’t have thumbnails for my Emby libraries in the main menu.

So “all movies” and “all TV shows” have thumbnails, but my Emby movie libraries “Filme” “englische Filme” don’t.

Sorry for not giving you a log file in advance, it’s a hassle to reach it on tvOS and I think you can easily reproduce that issues :-)

chjohans

"Back" always works in the guide. And "left" never worked, because it just moves the guide timeline.

Are we talking about the same guide? Could you please provide me a screenshot?

There is only one TV Guide :)

Yes left has that problem, need to scroll all the way to the beginning of the guide data, then "left" will open the TV Guide submenu. My "back" command just opens up your sidebar menu as I said.

Thinking of it, I guess this could be because I am using "Simple Control" (iPhone app) as my remote control, and it's using the "web interface" to control kodi. So I guess the normal keyboard mappings does not apply. 

I'll find a way to map another key/command to this menu.

sualfred

@@horstepipe

I'm currently investigating in the issue. It seems that this is a Emby for Kodi issue. On two dev devices with addon playback method it's working, but not on a devices which uses native paths. I have to wait for the reply of @@Angelblue05

@@chjohans

That's a possible reason. Because via keyboard/remote and the common <onback> command it's always the top bar.  At least it's the control I have defined to be the menucontrol. 

And there a more TV guides. The video player has a OSD guide for the channel program.

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

I'm currently investigating in the issue. It seems that this is a Emby for Kodi issue. On two dev devices with addon playback method it's working, but not on a devices which uses native paths. I have to wait for the reply of @@Angelblue05

Hmm okay, I'm running the current Emby for Kodi beta and using addon playback mode. Is that problem related to the toolbox script error or does it happen only on my system?

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

I‘ll give you the log tomorrow. The other version gives me the same error unfortunately.

Is there a way to hide watched items in custom widgets? Let’s say from own lists from themoviedb got from the extendedinfo script?

horstepipe

Thanks I’ll give it a try.

On the other hand, the recently added movies widget in main menu hides watched movies. Here I’d prefer to see them :-)

Changing the options ‘hide watched items in video widgets/in recent items listings” in Skin helper service widgets addon settings doesn’t change that behavior.

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

Make a smart playlist of what you want and use that as the widget.

Could you please be so kind and tell me how to create a smart playlists from plugin lists like from the extendedinfo script?

Angelblue05

Oh hmmm. If it's a plugin listing, then it's not possible to create a smart playlist with it.

It would depend on if the plugin provides a listing that loads content with watched excluded... If it doesn't then, I don't believe there's anything to be done.

@@sualfred

It can't be a skin setting right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

horstepipe

Okay thanks, pity.

What I was trying to accomplish is to create movie recommendation lists from and for friends and family and embedd them in the skin.

So that they have a list like “Movies recommended by horstepipe” filled with movies I added to that list.

• Like 1

sualfred

Sadly it's not possible to filter lists of external sources.

• Like 2