[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

That's because Globalsearch 7.x requires another skinned window. Globalsearch 8.0 (which is in developement right now and should be available for Leia) will use the default info dialog in the future. I don't want to create another template for just a couple of weeks/months.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

sualfred

With the update of today it's possible that you guys have to reconfigure your custom widgets, because I've changed the implementation for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
sualfred

Because it's a little bit hidden:

- New view type added -> Banner

- And you are now able to hide the labels below the artworks for the Poster, Wide and Banner view (not for widgets, only in the library). The setting can be accessed in the view options menu in the header bar.

• Like 3

horstepipe

Hey

that's quite a special request, but maybe you can find a sweet solution for it:

I'm using Kodi on an Apple TV 4K. As the buttons on the remote are very limited, I see no way to wisely map the buttons "go to first item in list/go to last item in list".

When the movie list is ordered alphabetically that's no problem, you can go to the A-Z buttons on the right and navigate wherever you want. But I often switch the movie list order between alphabetically and recently added. So when you switch to recently added, I see no way to get on top of the list except for scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling :-)

So when you have time and a nice idea that fits in your concept I'd be very thankful.

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

Sorry, in my history and years of skinning I've learned and decided that it's not possible to make it fit to everybodies needs. I suggest you to switch over to a better remote (Logitech Harmony).

horstepipe

Sorry, in my history and years of skinning I've learned and decided that it's not possible to make it fit to everybodies needs. I suggest you to switch over to a better remote (Logitech Harmony).

No problem, figured out a custom keymap that fits my needs, will post it in the Kodi section when I‘ve finished testing it.

Thanks for your time.

PS: unfortunately the Harmony support is very limited for the Apple TV 4/4K yet, you can’t map some crucial buttons from the Siri remote to it.

Edited by horstepipe

hoppel118

I'm using Kodi on an Apple TV 4K.

Sorry, for being offtopic @@sualfred. It’s only a short question. ;)

@@horstepipe

1. Are you satisfied with the new Apple TV 4K?

2. Are there any known errors?

3. What about Framerateswitching and Audio Passthrough?

4. Do you have an Apple Developer Account?

Ok, it’s more than one question... :)

Greetings Hoppel

horstepipe

Sorry, for being offtopic @@sualfred. It’s only a short question. ;)

@@horstepipe

1. Are you satisfied with the new Apple TV 4K?

2. Are there any known errors?

3. What about Framerateswitching and Audio Passthrough?

4. Do you have an Apple Developer Account?

Ok, it’s more than one question... :)

Greetings Hoppel

Better open a separate thread or we talk about it via pm or in the nerdsboard :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
sualfred

The skin already supports EmbyCon out of the box. Just enable it in the skin settings.

The only thing what won't work is custom libraries. EmbyCon has currently no useable treeview and window props to recognize them by a skin.

chjohans

Using your skin with EmbyCon, very nice indeed!

But one slight issue I noticed. Not sure if you're using Live TV yourself but in my case the "In progress" widget just filles up with programs from my TV guide that are "in progress" as in they are showing right now, but I never watched any of them.

So none of my half watched shows/movies shows up in the "In progress" widget ever.

I think it would be better if you did not show anything from the TV guide at all in the "In progress" widget.

chjohans

Using your skin with EmbyCon, very nice indeed!

But one slight issue I noticed. Not sure if you're using Live TV yourself but in my case the "In progress" widget just filles up with programs from my TV guide that are "in progress" as in they are showing right now, but I never watched any of them.

So none of my half watched shows/movies shows up in the "In progress" widget ever.

I think it would be better if you did not show anything from the TV guide at all in the "In progress" widget.

I guess I was a bit quick to decide this is not useful.

There already is a "Continue watching" widget that shows my "half watched" shows and movies, so having the "In progress" widget that shows on-going TV program is actually quite useful. :)

monkeyslapper

I have question for the skin.... I am interested in IPTV stuff. Do i require to have a IPTV client with this as well or do you have your own setup with the skin? 

Monkeyslapper

sualfred

Kodi doesn't support combined lists and the favourite dialog doesn't support different views, sorry.

chjohans

Been using your skin for a while now, great job on the hands down best Kodi skin available for those of us that's using Emby. I do however have a few issues that I hope you can address in an upcoming release:

- Option to sort the horizontal placement/order of the different widgets on the home screen, not at all a must but it would be nice to order those according to how I prefer them.

- Live TV -> Recordings: My recordings are created in a folder structure (MediaPortal backend), I set a list layout on the first level or I won't see recording dates etc. I have to do the same thing for every folder, and for new folders created. Could folder views default to list view once I set that for one folder? THis is the way the default Estuary skin works, if you set a view it will apply the same view to all folders on the" same level". The current behavior is not at all "wife friendly" and she's trying to force me to go back to the default Estuary skin. :)

- Live TV: There is a button for Timers, could we please have a similar button for "Timer rules" as well as in the default Estuary skin? The two serves two different purposes.

- The "Weather" button in the side panel is not showing att all, no matter how many times I disable/enable it. I see the same thing on all my three Kodi installations with this skin.

- TV Guide "menu" not accessible, the "menu" command now shows the Embuary sidebar menu instead of the "TV Guide options menu". I use this menu to choose which "program groups" to show in the TV Guide and I have not found a way to access this menu with Embuary active.

Thanks again for your hard work on this fantastic skin!

sualfred

- Option to sort the horizontal placement/order of the different widgets on the home screen, not at all a must but it would be nice to order those according to how I prefer them.

Won't be added. It's already a tricky implementation.

- Live TV -> Recordings: My recordings are created in a folder structure (MediaPortal backend), I set a list layout on the first level or I won't see recording dates etc. I have to do the same thing for every folder, and for new folders created. Could folder views default to list view once I set that for one folder? THis is the way the default Estuary skin works, if you set a view it will apply the same view to all folders on the" same level". The current behavior is not at all "wife friendly" and she's trying to force me to go back to the default Estuary skin.

That's a stupid Kodi behaviour and the reason why I don't use subfolders in recordings ^^ 

- Live TV: There is a button for Timers, could we please have a similar button for "Timer rules" as well as in the default Estuary skin? The two serves two different purposes.

I will check how and why it's implemented in this way in Estuary.

- The "Weather" button in the side panel is not showing att all, no matter how many times I disable/enable it. I see the same thing on all my three Kodi installations with this skin.

Please check your weather provider settings.

TV Guide "menu" not accessible, the "menu" command now shows the Embuary sidebar menu instead of the "TV Guide options menu". I use this menu to choose which "program groups" to show in the TV Guide and I have not found a way to access this menu with Embuary active

You have to press "back" to get to the top menu. 

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

I've added the timer rules windows. Simply forgot to link it to the screens. Thanks for the report.