[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

ok thx but for me is it nessary to have it direct in the tv shows, i go back to my old skin

i have allready 10 smart playlist but for the main things i like to have it direct sortet by last added like movies.

Edited by minos

sualfred

Just to inform all the others:

Yes, Date Added is missing for TV shows as sort order option. This is caused by a Kodi internal bug. I've reported it to the Kodi devs (https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17692#ticket)

If you guys are forced to use this option (to prevent family wars...^^) just add a custom shortcut to the TV show hub with "ActivateWindow(videos,videodb://tvshows/titles)" and disable the default TV show button. But be aware that this could cause other strange issues, because this node remembers the last entered TV show. 

Edit:

And happy holidays to everyone :P

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Small and often requested Christmas present:

With the update of today you are able to create up to 6 custom main menu items for different Emby (or addon) video nodes. Similar to the custom shortcut option of the hubs.

Example:

Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Music, Addons, 4k Movies, Documentaries, Kids

But please keep in mind that these buttons will never get a own hub window or widgets, because these lists are completely unique on each system and Kodi isn't designed for this case.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

F88yQPsh.jpg

Let him fall, let him fall, let him faaaaaalll. Yippie Ka Yay Motherf***er.

It's only Christmas when Hans Gruber falls from the roof of Nakatomi Plaza.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

• Like 2

chjohans

This is a great skin, thanks. One thing I would like to see is the ability to add shortcuts to AddOns not classified as either "Music" or "Video". Performance is decent (but not great) on my Raspberry 2, on windows 10 it's smooth as silk.

sualfred

@@chjohans

what exactly do you want to add?

@@All

Great news for everyone who is using multiple libraries: Automatically detection and hubs are implemented.

But only for Emby for Kodi users. It's not working with EmbyCon sources.

• Like 3

chjohans

I'm using this on a couple of Raspberry Pi's running OSMC, and I would like to be able to add a shortcut to the "My OSMC" (Program= Add-On.

sualfred

Is it the configuration tool (like the one of LibreElec)?

@Chinese and Japanese people (if we have any)

I've added Arial and WenQuanYi Micro Hei as optional fonts. I hope I covered all necessary skin element changes and the letters are not cropped somewhere.

sualfred

My OSMC will be available in the settings window after the next update.

chjohans

Sweet, I just updated and there it is. Thanks, this skin is just awesome for those of us who like the "Emby interface". :)

I installed this before and tried to install it again but it is not looking at emby all it is the skin has changed where are the settings to connect to emby server.

sualfred

A skin is not responsible for any Emby related connection. 

Go to Addons -> Video Addons -> Emby 

Edited by sualfred

Thank you that explains it. The item that are missing is live tv also noticed that is splittin libraries into shows and movies.

When you go to emby addon live tv is considered experimental is that is why it is not on the list.

Huge effort thank you

Edited by denz

sualfred

Kodi has it's own live TV clients and never uses Emby as backend. You need a backend like TV Headend, DVB Link, DVB Viewer, etc. ( http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR )

And Kodi always splits the libaries into shows and movies. As I said: It's just a skin.

horstepipe

@@sualfred

is it a possibility for a future release to make the icons for movies, tv shows and especially genres more persistent? Maybe like just refreshing them once a week?

They rebuild here on every Kodi startup, and everytime I mark something as watched or manipulate the database on any way. this build/popup process doesn't look very nice.

Thank you for this amazing skin!!!

horstepipe

Nope. It's out of my control, sorry.

okay, thought the user could have the ability to set custom genre image sets like in other skins.

One more question:

Why did you put the trailer button in context menu? It's always reachable via the normal movie info. I'm asking as I'm not a fan of an overloaded context menu :-)

sualfred

Because other users asked for it :)

But I will remove it in the next version. Users can still add a conext menu extension from the plugin catalog.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Another one, but I‘m not sure whether you could change it even if you wanted as it behaves like this on every skin:

When searching for a movie with the search button on the top line (global search) there seems to be no way to get the movie info view opened for one of the search results.

So for questions like

„What was the name of the bad guy actor in Terminator 2?“

the search is quite useless :-)

Edited by horstepipe