[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

im85288

I think he means being able to hide the “Videos” entry in the main menu on the left. There are a couple of entries in there I would never use (Music and Pictures) but my feeling is skin shortcuts would be the way to get that as flexible as possible.

One thing I’d really like is if addons (video, music etc) were sorted by last used (as in Estuary), a good example is I use the Netflix addon a lot and unfortunately it’s about 20 items to the right (so not immediately visible). If I use it in Estuary the next time it’s the first item in the list which just makes it slightly more user friendly

sualfred

Oh, I forgot your request. Sorry about that. The addon sort direction will be changed :)

I'll add a option to hide the elements in the side panel, but not with skin shortcuts. This panel isn't meant to add custom entries.

sualfred

To anyone who is using subtitles -> The dialogs are integrated. Since almost all movies and shows are dubbed in Germany, I don't really use it. So please let me know if there are any skin related issues.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

I am noticing pretty long exit times when I install this skin. I double checked that it was the skin by uninstalling Kodi completely and reinstalling without the skin. It closes instantly. The moment I install the skin it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute for it to close. 

I am using Kodi 17.5.1 on Shield TV. 

I am not too familar with the logs for Kodi but I think I found the right one to upload. Looking at it myself it looks like it may be the skin helper script causing the time lag. However, I don't know a lot about this.

Here is the log I found:

kodi.log

Let me know if there is something else you need.

sualfred

In that case you should report the issue to Marcel:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235676

or

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service

For me it closes almost instantly with a shutdown command, but just quitting Kodi on Windows always leads into a longer closing process. Dunno why, but I always face it after a while.

To anyone who is using subtitles -> The dialogs are integrated. Since almost all movies and shows are dubbed in Germany, I don't really use it. So please let me know if there are any skin related issues.

Works great. Thanks!

A thing that would simplify browsing through long lists (subtitles, file lists etc) would be to jump one page up and down at a time (instead of one row at a time) by going one step to the right of the file list e.g to the 'navigation slider'.

sualfred

Works great. Thanks!

A thing that would simplify browsing through long lists (subtitles, file lists etc) would be to jump one page up and down at a time (instead of one row at a time) by going one step to the right of the file list e.g to the 'navigation slider'.

That's something I cannot control inside a list, but you can map the keys PageUp and PageDown to your remote.

http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

I almost see two widgets on the screen at the same time in 1080p, but the lower widget is cropped. What do you think about decreasing the y margin between the widgets or decreasing the size of the images in the widgets so that you see two complete widget rows on the screen?

I think it would make the UI experience even better.

/joggs

Edited by joggs

sualfred

That's not possible, because as soon as a list has no second row it will result in a huge space to the next one. Another limitation of Kodi, sorry.

Edited by sualfred

Loving the skin! It's so intuitive and perfect for emby library.

One small issue, probably on my end but I can't seem to figure it out.

So I set up the widget to the playlist I've created. It shows up fine, but when I try to click on it nothing happens? 

sualfred

Ah, I see. It seems that there is a little bug in script.skinshortcuts. I'll report it.

sualfred

Loving the skin! It's so intuitive and perfect for emby library.

One small issue, probably on my end but I can't seem to figure it out.

So I set up the widget to the playlist I've created. It shows up fine, but when I try to click on it nothing happens? 

I've reported the issue to BigNoid in the kodi.tv thread ( @@marcelveldt I think you could also fix it within a second)

In the meantime I integrated a small workaround to get it working for you. The update is already on the repo.

• Like 1

I've reported the issue to BigNoid in the kodi.tv thread ( @@marcelveldt I think you could also fix it within a second)

In the meantime I integrated a small workaround to get it working for you. The update is already on the repo. 

Yup it's working perfectly now !

Other things I would like to report is that on some addon (eg. Plex for Kodi, extendend info) all text are missing. Switched to default skin to confirm it's there.

Also personally I would like to request is to add  Live TV to the 'Movie and TV Show hub' in settings so I can add custom path for Live TV too if possible.

Thanks for all your work, must-have skin for Emby users, and this is just the alpha version. Excited to see it's development.

sualfred

Thanks.

I've added the Estuary fonts as fallback and the issue should be fixed now. 

You already have the option to add video nodes to the hubs in the skin settings. 

Thanks.

I've added the Estuary fonts as fallback and the issue should be fixed now. 

You already have the option to add video nodes to the hubs in the skin settings. 

It's working perfectly now, thanks for the prompt update :)

Yup but not for live TV, only for TV shows and movies. I want to add specific group to the TV channel, but no worries, it's not really important.

Merciless1

I love this skin. Great work.

Under 'Media' on the home-page, it's impossible to remove Movies, TV Shows, and Add-On Hubs. Can this be fixed? I don't like how Kodi groups my emby libraries together and would prefer to create these hubs as separate items based on each my libraries.

-------

Just looking at the web interface, there are a key number of navigation changes that I think would help. The first is allowing custom hubs as I mentioned above, and then removing all widgets from inside hubs. I would still keep the customizable hub top buttons within a hub, and when you first navigate to a hub it displays the entire library, this would then more closely mirror the web interface. 

Adding a higher maximum of widgets to the home-page would allow In-Progress Libraries to be represented, as well as any other widgets people may find wanting. It would be REALLY cool if home widgets could re-order themselves based on time last used, with the last accessed jumping to the top.

Finally, and I don't know if you can do this or not, but choosing a tv show and pressing 'P' should play next unwatched (to include specials in proper viewing order). I don't want to have to go to a TV Show in my In-Progress widget, press enter, go into a tv show to the episode I need (whether manually or automatically), and then press p to play. I just want it to work when I hit p on a tv show.

Edited by Merciless1

sualfred

The Kodi skinning engine is very limited. 

- The hubs are static and there is no way to dynamical generate them. Kodi has no own hub logic implemented, so I created them by hand with custom windows. But I've added an option to add your own libraries as button to the hubs in the skin settings.

- The same applies to the widgets. The way I "faked" the Emby GUI feeling does not allow a dynamic re-ordering.

- I do not have any control about the keymappings or functions of it, see http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

I'll think about to increase the custom home widget limitation.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

To all who are concerned:

I've changed the method in how the custom HUB entries are build with the update of today. This means you have to set your custom buttons again, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
sualfred

Attention: 
I've downgraded my GlobalSearch integration back to 7.0. All users have to manually uninstall or downgrade the installed 8.0 version to the latest official version, which is available in the Kodi repo.

My addons -> Program addons -> Globalsearch -> Info -> "Update" -> Select "7.x.x" from the Kodi repo.

Wheemer

I wanted to try this with the latest nightly but it won't install... Does it work well with the netflix plugin?

sualfred

The skin is based on Krypton and won't work on Leia yet. 

As soon as Angelblue05 takes care of the required changes, I will start my work on the Kodi v18 version.

• Like 1

Wheemer

Cool look forward to trying it... I've got Estuary Mod now and while it does the job, your skin looks very nice!