[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

WOW, what an alpha release!

I love everything about it so far and it will be my main skin from now on.

Looking forward to the subtitle settings window, that hopefully will include subtitle offset.

Have tested it on a 4k android tv and an android box so far, and works as expected.

Great job sualfred!

Edited by joggs

Still exploring this new great skin. I stumbled upon an interesting feature.

In the embuary skin settings, I have enabled widgets based on both the emby and the embycon plugin which enables all widgets for both plugins on the homescreen which is great.

However, I notice that the next up-widget is different when comparing the two. The embycon shows the next episode for each series and when you click it, the episode starts, which is the expected functionality for me. However, the emby plugin version of that widget shows the tv series and when you click it you dive in to the series page, where you can select between all episodes for that series, i.e the widget list the series and not the episode. I guess the embycon version is the most correct one if you compare to the emby ui, but I have to admit that i like the other one as well :-)

Btw, do you want this kind of feedback in this thread from now on, or should we be a bit more structured and post it to the github section?

sualfred

The native available Next Up widget is the correct working one. EmbyCon integration is still experimental.

It's up to you, feedback is welcome here or on GitHub.

Overseer

I am ruuning this on Win10 using the Kodi app from the Windows store and the Kodi for Emby plugin.  Page progression is quick and snappy but when I select a video to play the Watch Now button changes to a Checkmark anbd there is no video playback.

sualfred

That's no skin issue and it works on my side. Without the log of Kodi it's hard to say what was happening.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

If only people would post their log automagically, they'd get their issue resolved twice as quickly in most cases... I personally feel like a parrot constantly saying, post your log! post your log! post your log...  :lol:

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 3

im85288

Indeed..my guess is it’s the normal direct paths issue. But obviously that’s a guess and of course nothing to do with this skin so should be reported in the main kodi section

jasonmcroy

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank you for this skin! I just installed it last night on my laptop and Shield TV. I am using the Silicon Dust unofficial PVR skin (on the Shield) and the plugin on my laptop. I love the way your skin integrates seamlessly with it.

I have one question and it may just be personal preference - is there any difference (one better than the other) between using the Kodi plugin for Emby vs Embycon? I usually use the Kodi plugin but I notice there are some additional buttons that refer to Embycon and I wasn't sure if when you built this skin you were more thinking with Embycon and that one would work better? 

Anyway, thanks again for creating this skin. It works great so far.

sualfred

If you only use Emby as your media storage -> Emby plugin. With this one you get the most out of the skin.

im85288

Hi, with regards the EmbyCon integration (which I know is wip) when it’s complete will it hide the additional entry’s (eg movie hub etc) that point at EmbyCons listings when “use embycon” is not selected in the skin settings?

For me it seems like duplicate data especially when the Emby for Kodi addon is installed and being used to manage the local db. Where it could be more useful imho is if Emby for Kodi is not installed (maybe the user is using plexkodiconnect or maybe just plain vanilla Kodi) and wants to then navigate their Emby media via embycon.

Jdiesel

I somehow missed that there is a version for testing released. Looks like I will be rolling back to Krypton and doing some testing tonight :)

chattojimnow

Hi love the alpha release. love the work... just a small thing.... is there a way or future dev. to change main categories from just tv shows and movies, to maybe library hdds

Jdiesel

On the home screen the Next Up view shows the series rather than the episode, is this by design or a limitation? Skin looks great BTW

im85288

It's be design...Estuary does the same. As long as you followed the install procedure (I think it recommends to set auto select next unwatched episode etc) then it works very well. Although I'm still not sure if I would prefer to see the actual season/episode number of the next watched episode.

Ideally I would prefer continue watching and next up to be combined...for that reason I disabled the continue watching in the skin settings.

By the way (I think @@sualfred did not mention it)...if you prefer a different theme there is a "material" color scheme which can be selected from the same page you select the skin 

Jdiesel

A couple of comments

1) There is no "OK" or confirmation button on the add source dialogue menu. Have to revert to another skin to add a source at the moment

2) No selection "wrap around". Meaning that once your active selection gets to the end of the area it does not jump to the opposite side. This is also missing on the keyboard. (Sorry for bad explanation)

yardameus

Love the design.  So different from all Kodi skins.  It's weird using a Kodi skin that is like the web interface.  Well done.  Even for an Alpha I have little to no complaints.  Any issues so far would be from my inability to adjust from standard Kodi skins.  Stick to your guns, there will be a ton of people who love what you are doing.

sualfred

I am missing a way to manually check for updates to plugins without entering each one of them.

/joggs

Thanks, forgot to add the menu to the addonbrowser. Fixed and update is already pushed to the repo.

• Like 3

e123enitan

A lot has been done recently based on the thread but I haven't had chance to update, if I may ask or request option to add or remove menu, my emby has various node like sports, movied, kids etc it would be nice if the skin have option to add or remove menus, great work.

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan

sualfred

Not at the moment. I know Emby is designed to have different categories and library nodes, but Kodi isn't. It's also complicated because Kodi has no hubs by default and I just faked it with custom ones. That's means a lot of tricky script implementation has to be done. And to be honest, that's the reason why genres do exist. You still can use the custom widget feature for the home screen if EmbyCon supports such nodes.

Edited by sualfred

e123enitan

No worries it would nice to have, may be in the future, but could youbqmake it possible to hide vidoes,program menu so it's not visible for messing with.

Thanks

sualfred

The movie/show buttons are only visible as soon as the Kodi DB has content or if EmbyCon is installed (to access the hubs). Why do you want to disable it?