[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

@@Angelblue05 @

Are you guys using something like Slack to discuss non-public topics?

Maybe I will require some of your attention for testing/fixing skin stuff, which needs changes to your addons.

Edit:

It's also no problem for me to host a own Slack group (or any other group messaging tool). Pls let me know.

Edited by sualfred

• 2 weeks later...
e123enitan

Thanks, keep up the good work, let us know when it's ready for testing, I shall be willing to contribute 2 cents thoughts

Cheers!

e123enitan

Just to keep you updated.

I already run it as my daily driver to get rid of the main bugs and issues.

Quick question, would it be possible to change the face of this skin, my preference would be the modern confluence style with back drop rotation, neatly menu layout with submenu for each main menus.

Thanks  

Edited by e123enitan

sualfred

Err.... nope. If you are searching for a confluence like layout, you will have to use a confluence like skin.

• Like 1

sylvio2000

First. This skin looks really great  :)

Second. It looks like you are a german guy (like me). If everything is translated into german it seems to look very promising  :)

Jdiesel

I had a dream last night about this this skin running on a s905 LibreELEC box, with the WIP Emby LiveTV addon, 3D autoswitching, working HDR passthrough, and Netflix and Amazon Prime utilizing inputstream.adaptive all working on a single device in a single interface. It was amazing :D . Hopefully this is a reality by the end of 2017 as the only missing links are a nice Emby theme for Kodi and Emby LiveTV support in Kodi.  

Jdiesel

Not to derail the thread - but inputsteam.adaptive works with S905LibreElec?  That is cool!

The build that I am using on my Odroid C2

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/4248-libreelec-krypton-leia-agile-build-for-odroid-c2-rock64-wetek-hub-wetek-play2/

I believe there are others that work as well. It is very exciting work and hope it doesn't get squashed by Netflix or someone.

This skin is exactly what I have been waiting for and should work nicely with EmbyCon :)

Edited by Jdiesel

jasonmcroy

Wow. I just watched your video of the progress so far on this skin. I find it pretty amazing! Keep up the great work and I too look forward to trying this one out!

• 3 weeks later...
Jdiesel

Looks great, can't wait to try it out. One suggestion if you haven't included it already is to have the option for a Kiosk Mode. I know personally once I get things setup the way I like I like to lockout anyone from going in and messing things up.

sualfred

Best working kiosk mode is getting your family under control ;) I'll add an option to disable the viewtype and filter button. There is not much to hide.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Jdiesel

Best working kiosk mode is getting your family under control ;) I'll add an option to disable the viewtype and filter button. There is not much to hide.

I am amazed by how my family finds ways to break my media center setup.

• Like 1

e123enitan

I am amazed by how my family finds ways to break my media center setup.

Kiosk  option is critical for me, I have a large families 7 clients running e4k, until I have installed Titan enable kiosk, I spend most times fixing skin, coz my children of the corns will not leave the settings a lone, these kids are way 2 smart for my likeness, they will always find ways to change thing even tried to get behind server and Lebreelec to adjust one thing or the other.  Just to add my router if often messed up until I flash it with DD WRT with some serious restrictions, plus Opendns till my router & internet have peace, now I don't to have to incurred additional ISP charges.

It would be nice to have Kiosk

Cheers!

sualfred

So, no access to:

- complete Kodi setting windows (except skin settings to disable kiosk mode)

- filter options

- viewtype options

- library refresh buttons

- change weather location

Did I missed something?

• Like 1

e123enitan

So, no access to:

- complete Kodi setting windows (except skin settings to disable kiosk mode)

- filter options

- viewtype options

- library refresh buttons

- change weather location

Did I missed something?

Thanks, but I guess it too earlier to start forming opinions, let's wait for when the skin to Go-Live, certainly comments and suggestions will emerged in one form or shapes, great work keep it up can't wait to implement the skin.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan